1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

A Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by MolliMayhem, Nov 29, 2015.

1. MolliMayhem

MolliMayhem Wanderer Bronze Founder

Hi, I have a question regarding how combat is implemented in this game.

I presently play Firefall mostly, and one of the best things about it is the FPS style of combat, instead of the typical MMO style of ability-bar point and click combat.

Which style does PGenome use?

Also, will the game world/worlds have day/night cycles? Will they have any weather?

Thanks to anyone answering. :)

2. OctoberNight

OctoberNight Cookies Golden Founder

its got a FPS combat system similar to firefall

3. GlitchyGirl

GlitchyGirl Inquisitive Golden Founder

It's got an FPS system similar to FF, or even TR. However the difference is that at the moment at least there is no alternate fire, or "aim down sights" or any options like that yet. The running around seems to be similar to FF though.

Also to my understanding they tend to add a day/night cycle as well as weather, but that is just an educated guess on this end. All in all the game definitely feels like an alpha but there is a load of potential to it if you are willing to have the patience!

4. MolliMayhem

MolliMayhem Wanderer Bronze Founder

Hey, thanks for the replies.

I have been totally ruined for "normal" MMO combat since playing Firefall.

If by TR , the Repopulation is meant, I did NOT like their combat system. They try to have both MMO style and FPS style, and the FPS style definitely suffers. You cannot (to my knowledge) decide which of the too-many abilities to use when you are trying to use the FPS style, it apparently decides for you...so what is the use of even having all those to choose from?

Anyway, it does sound like this game has great potential. I haven't become a backer yet, but am considering it.

Pighead Elderberry likes this.
  5. Sahelanthropus

Sahelanthropus Space engineer Founder

I was excited for TR's FPS style until I actually played it. Total garbage.

6. GlitchyGirl

Oh I do apologize, by TR I meant Tabula Rasa, sorry a bit of a throw back haha. I've been playing MMOs for some time!

And meh, I'm not too harsh on Repop, I've played it for a while on and of and while there is some work to be done it is a pretty decent mmo :> Also in Repop, last I knew it didnt choose for you at all, you still have to trigger the abilities etc even when playing in their FPS mode. Albeit I prefer their mmo, non FPS mode myself. Then again I do dual pistols with robotic pets in that game xD

7. Sir CrossBorn

Sir CrossBorn Community Manager, English Forum Staff Member

As stated above there is currently no ADS style of fps but it is to be implemented in the future.

8. GlitchyGirl

Sorry, a bit confused. What do you mean by ADS style combat?

9. Sahelanthropus

lol, I see you recently started playing PG, what are your first honest imprsesions?

10. GlitchyGirl

Honestly well... I'll begin by saying that it is definitely a game in it's alpha stages. That being said, the inventory is a bit funky, as it quest logs, and so on. The map is also a bit odd, and trying to figure out where quests are involves some guess work, especially with the first few, "find item quests". Also be prepared to roam around the starting area and press the "E" key for everything that you come across... (at least that's how I did it xD) xD

That aside, the shooting mechanics are pretty nifty and straight forward and at least to me feel pretty good, again similar to either FireFall or Tabula Rasa, but currently looking things such as,"look down sights" etc. The mob AI seems to be pretty straight forward with some mobs spawning in "pods" meaning that if you attack one, one or two of it's friends might join in to attack you.

The animations, and the models for the characters look pretty rough, (It's in alpha, and plenty of time to get this fixed!) but it's still very usable. And the armor, surroundings and so on are pretty darn polished thus far! The game itself is pretty stable and in the time I've played (over 9 hours or so? ) I've yet to have on crash.

Furthermore the game seems pretty well optimized at this point. I've got everything turned up to Ultra and the game is performing just fine, and here are my settings to give you an idea of what I'm running on. And older i7 930, with a gtx 980ti, and 24 gigs of ram running windows 10.

All in all, I'd say if you are wanting to help contribute to an awesome game, or be a part of something that is looking to be pretty darn good. Do consider contributing because it is definitely nice so far, and I could also use someone else to chat with in game xD

Of course in doing so do make sure to remember that you ARE playing an alpha. As such features such as teaming, guilds, are not implemented, and a lot of things such as quest log, inventory, etc are still a bit buggy/unpolished.

11. Sahelanthropus

I would gladly get the basic founder pack, but last time that I tried buying something with paysafecard with USD in Europe, my card got blocked and the transaction failed,luckily for me the devs gave me early access anyway. Hope this won't happen again though.

its still a i7 and a gtx 980ti... Shit aint cheap xD

12. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

Yes, we are planning to have a day/night cycles in the game, but it will implemented later.

13. GlitchyGirl

Ah, well the best of luck in trying to get this sorted. If in doubt, you may be able to try to use paypal? And yeah... most definitely not the cheapest thing around. I went overboard with my PC though since I do streaming/broadcasting xD Though sadly Im off-air for another week since I'm house sitting and have poopy internet at my parent's place where I'm currently house sitting. :x (Can't wait until the 5th so I can go back home and enjoy good internet xD)

14. kristakis

kristakis misses faufau :( Golden Founder

Aim Down Sights.

p.s. Firefall represent! :D

15. GlitchyGirl

Ah that makes sense, and hear hear!

-Kusa reporting in from Firefall xD

16. Sahelanthropus

Damn, got myself 20EU paysafecards, turns out can't spend them on the founder pack..

After further investigation i dound a method to buy the founder pack

17. Dava02

Dava02 Rookie Founder

oh so a few Firefall players then o/

Hi molli o/

18. kristakis

kristakis misses faufau :( Golden Founder

At first glance this game has a lot of similar features. Firefall's changed a lot over the years and, in my opinion at least, lost some of the aspects that made it special. PG is not the same game and not trying to be, but has enough of those same aspects that it's interesting.

Vesta likes this.
  19. SomeUnregPunk

SomeUnregPunk Inquisitive Golden Founder

Similar enough... to Firefall that makes me want to spend money here.

I also love the ideas they got for this game.

GrumpStump and Vesta like this.
  20. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

I too have been in FF for a long long time and seen it's decline over the years as it has tried to turn itself into a generic MMO from the ground breaking marvel that it was before.

I agree with SomeUnregPunk - PG is not trying to copy FF - but it has similarities - good similarties.

I hope PG can share the good of all those games that helped set FPS/Shooter MMO genre like Tabula Rasa, Firefall etc. and not also get bogged down in bad stuff that takes away from us players actually enjoying the game!