A few worries about the founders packs - gold given too much compared to the others?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by GlitchyGirl, Dec 14, 2015.

1. GlitchyGirl

GlitchyGirl Inquisitive Golden Founder

I know this sounds weird but I just worry that the Gold Founders (I'm one too so maybe I could be justified in worrying? xD) may be too overpowered in the game compared to everyone else?

My only concern is that some of the perks included may permanently set Gold Founders ahead of all the other players, and it seems kind of sad to me that we where differentiated on a permanent basis from others based on the fact that we had the ability to pay a bit more to support a project we love probably just as much as the next person.

My concern is that we would be given things, that other normal players wouldn't be able to achieve to the same level. This includes the Max weight boost, the personal teleporter and a shorter cool down at that, and unique drone pet.

So I must ask. As far as the weight limit, will none gold, or even regular players be able to achieve a higher weight limit in this game on par with what backers get? (Carrying extra stuff can make a difference) I really hope its something that even regular players can get albeit it may take some extra levels or "upgrades" to get to that point.

As far as the personal teleporters. Will this work in the same way for all players? Will people be able to build increasingly better, "personal teleporters" simply just giving backers a bit of a head start? (I'm fine with a head start tbh)

Finally this unique pet. Will it only be unique in appearance and learn skills the way other pets could. And would none backers be able to find, or build a pet that does the same thing, just looks different?

The reasons I voice these concerns, are because I worry that it may be perceived as selling, "advantages" from the get go. That said, I feel giving gold backers perhaps more of a "head start" with items that others can work towards may be a better approach. This being that it will help alleviate the concerns, or appearance that people "paid" for goodies, as opposed to paying in order to support a very awesome game.

2. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

confirmed about pet by RU CM
    about others, well afaik gold founders get «time shortening» boosts, like you spend more money - you spend less time to achieve your goals in game (reminds me FF, sorta)

GlitchyGirl likes this.
  3. GlitchyGirl

GlitchyGirl Inquisitive Golden Founder

Right and I understand that, however my concern is that will these time shortening boosts be available to others, even if means buying into them? Because yeah, I'm okay with time vs money to a degree however, to only limit it to people that had the opportunity to back from the get go seems unfair. :x