1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

About the art....

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AhKeelU, Oct 15, 2016.

1. AhKeelU

AhKeelU Rookie

Let me start off by saying you have some really talented artists. Aesthetically it is fine. That being said I am one of those annoying people who looks at something and says "how/why does this work". And some of the art, both 3d and 2d, just seems off to me. First off, there is the "patch panel" which looks like assorted large appliances.
    [​IMG]

A real switch and patch panel looks like a jumble of cables mostly. The purpose of a patch panel is to organize Ethernet cables running through a buildings walls. And to have unused Ethernet cables ready to be used without taking up a port on the switch. Heating up your coffee and doing your laundry are not part of its intended purpose. Both of them get stuffed with cables, usually in the most god awful jumbled mess imaginable whereas these seem made from injection molded fantasy. Maybe I am a bit too critical having had to run far too many cables through these jumbled nests of wiring... but still these are impractical!

Hopefully I can get a screenshot of this next one soon. as one of the loading screens there is a firearm. it has a buttock and pistol grip. Perhaps I can make that a bit clearer, it has a buttock and pistol grip fused together as one. You wouldn't be able to hold it at all. Ok, not really fused but there seems to be some odd bracing covering the last few finger groves of the grip. How is anyone supposed to use that thing? Also, the artist forgot to add a trigger, so grip issues aside still unusable!

More to come as I find them....

Attached Files:

2. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

We appreciate your attention to our project. But the game is in early stage of development and all assets that you see now will be improved over time.

3. AhKeelU

AhKeelU Rookie

I know its in early development, I just noticed there seemed to be no feedback on the art and assets yet. Its one of the major selling points for shooters. Not much changes as far as game play from one generic shooter to the next. The main way call of duty keeps getting people to buy basically the same game every year or so is to have fancier graphics. Assuming your main player base will be a similar demographic it should be something that is addressed. My opinion is this games has nice enough graphics, it just needs a bit more realism to it.
    --- Oct 15, 2016 ---
    Found it! the unusable firearm!
    [​IMG]

As I said no trigger, pistol grip is blocked. Now that I have more time to look at it, it has a holosight and iron sights, which isn't bad but the iron sights would block the holosight. Iron-sights are also ridiculously oversized. It has a segment where you would expect an empty shell to be ejected from, but has glowy bits to make it look like a sci-fi laser weapon. Out of place but it's what people would expect from a gun so i can see why it's there. im not sure where the pain is supposed to come out of, it looks like there are hints of a "barrel" where you would expect it to be. But then it gets cut in half. It could be the round end to the right of the lasery looking bits, but that would be so much lower from the sights it would cause accuracy issues.

I would also like to add that I like the amount of detail. Its not overboard but is just enough to make it look more realistic. A little scuffed up from use but no big glaring gouges. Usefulness issues aside, it looks like something someone has been lugging around through a futuristic combat zone.

Attached Files: