1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Aim/movement control edit.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Adventeus, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Adventeus

Adventeus Rookie

Please update controls so the character model Pivots to face whichever way your camera is facing when you rotate your Camera then Aim.

This should make combat/movement slightly more efficient.

Thank you for your consideration.

2. Strelok

Strelok Rookie

In UE4 (Unreal Engine 4) the camera and character POS are separate entities. forcing a fixed perspective would introduce more problems than it would fix. Also the developers would be throwing out loads of work regarding the animations and scripting that moves the model and character when running and gunning. IF Fixed camera was implemented it would cheapen the game in my opinion and make it less than what it already has the potential to be.

В UE4 (Unreal Engine 4) камера и характер POS являются отдельными юридическими лицами. заставляя фиксированную перспективу бы ввести больше проблем, чем было бы исправить. Кроме того, разработчики будут выбрасывая нагрузок работы относительно анимации и сценариев, который перемещает модель и характер при запуске и застрелил. IF Фиксированная камера была реализована она будет дешеветь игру на мой взгляд и сделать его меньше, чем то, что у него уже есть потенциал, чтобы быть.

3. Adventeus

Adventeus Rookie

Hi Strelok.

I think you maybe misunderstood me...

What i mean is just make the model pivot when pressing the RMB in the direction you have rotated the camera. It's not a 'fixed' camera, just a control adjustment.

I've worked on UE4 and it would be fairly simple to do; I dont think adding one extra line of code for the RMB would impact the game negatively or negate the existing system much less result in code being scrapped.
    --- Oct 17, 2016 ---
    The game basically already does it, just without the pivot.

4. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

Hi Adventeus.

I think you maybe misunderstood him...

What he means is that the player model and the camera positioning are seperate,theire are some tricks used to make aiming happen, and that adding in a pivot on aiming would take a huge amount of work including, skeletal readjustments, movement and positioning animations, and all the other animations going on with the character model. Not to mention the meshs, layered materials, and what not. Also any issues introduced due to further linking the two systems.

Now thats not to say they wont clean up and make the model behave better down the road, but that is more of a late late alpha early beta polish issue.

5. Adventeus

Adventeus Rookie

Thanks for the reply AOD_Cruxdaca

I was thinking I probably misunderstood as well. Lol.

True, there would be alot of tweaking that would go into making that work, I was just trying to keep it basic you know. :p

Either way, it's simply a suggestion, whether or not it gets implemented is whatever, it's still a great game. :)

Seems like more people are requesting a First Person toggle than anything else, which by the sound of things would be just as much work. Lol.

Thanks for the input guys. ☺

6. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

Actually a first person view is easier to pull off. The mechanic is basically baked into the U4 engine. Some slight tweaks are needed of course but its honestly much simpler. Though the question then becomes, is that the way the developers want you to experience their game?

Beku likes this.
  7. Adventeus

Adventeus Rookie

True that. I dont think it's so much the devs wanting you to experience it a certain way so much as it is just getting everything stable for Beta testing...then again i'm not a dev so it's not my place to speculate as to HOW they want us to experience their world. However, they could implement it simply as a toggle option...it couldn't hurt to test a perspective toggle conceptually though. Especially given that the code is already there like you had pointed out.