1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Any idea on next conent update - many players bored...

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by MACHIN3, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

I now have 2 characters, level 35 and 40, that have done every quest available in the game already and doing nothing but grinding to get T13 gear since there literally is nothing else to do and T13 is the highest gear so far in the game..

I am not the only one by far, I see quite a few players who have already gotten to the same point and many have already quit playing until some update comes out that gives us something to do. I myself am almost burnt out on grinding to the point I am looking for something else to play...

If a content update isn't released soon I feel you guys might loose a great deal of players right at the start since there is such limited quests and you reach a stopping point so fast.

Can anyone give an estimate on when new content will be added?

Rhombus likes this.
  2. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

At this point, the primary focus is on getting the game's foundation working well - that means the netcode re-write to address lag and desynch issues, and possibly the disappearing weapons.
    The content issue is one that Neuron Haze are aware of, which is why there is also a stream of relatively minor content updates in the pipeline, which are being released as and when they are ready. So the answer to the estimate of when new content is coming is kind of fuzzy - I personally expect to see some level of new content in almost every release, but I would be surprised to see a huge content injection in 2016.
    However... the devs also recognize a trend for MMO players to burn through new content (to reach the "endgame raiding" gear grinding stage that does not exist yet in PG, where the max level is 120, and the complete map and bestiary have not yet been unleashed) more quickly than developers can create new content - leading to a cycle of constantly pushing new content without back-fixing any of the issues with the existing material. Neuron Haze have taken a specific view that they want to get the foundation in place before loading up the content, at the risk of losing some power-levelers.
    Yes, some players will get bored and go on to something else. If they were to push new content to keep that group happy, they would lose a different group of players who get frustrated with lots of lag or unfixed bugs. In an ideal world, finding a middle ground between the two would keep both groups happy and playing, but in reality it would probably just piss off both extremes, leading to twice the number of departures ;)
    Such is the life of a developer/designer on an Early Access project - trying to decide which group of people to keep happy, and who you can afford to risk losing.

Ravrohan and Fairdwin like this.
  3. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

I can understand priority and the issues they are working on however, this isn't players burning through quests and reaching the "endgame" grinding stage. Its the fact that you only get a week worth of quests and content. They could do a much better job on quests and content than what they gave even for EA.

Most of the players I see daily are just going easy and doing quest like you should, they are not grinding, not rushing to get done with everything asap, and most quests take longer just from the fact of no details on them and you have to rely on guides or player help to get them done. That being said you still end up finishing all the quests within a week if you only play a few hours a day.

Without compromising the work on issues I feel they could easily add quests to give players more than a week worth of gaming. I played 1 character without grinding anything and finished all quests within a week, I then made another character which I do grind and have completely maxed out all armors and guns, finished all quests, all again within a week even with grinding for max tier armors that's currently available. So either way you play normal or grinding you still end up with just a weeks worth of content. So in turn you will kill of all player base not just those who grind.

4. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

Hello there, dear «players». If you want to play, if you think there is a lack of content, nothing to do and etc. Well, damn right you are! Come back on release and huge thanks for your support :) (pst, ETA on start of a content is approx. 0.8 update, few months ahead from now)

5. DarkerSavant

DarkerSavant Rookie

Ha! Excellent response.

MolliMayhem and Fairdwin like this.
  6. Bacterial

We are honest with you.

7. Kaori

Kaori Inquisitive Golden Founder

Hohot323 Love this response!

MolliMayhem, Corinthian and Rhombus like this.
  8. caino666

caino666 Rookie

There is nothing that I appreciate more than unadulterated honesty. Thank you.

MolliMayhem and hnom123 like this.
  9. Bladed Fury

Bladed Fury Rookie

As a software developer myself, I say stick to your guns and do the game the way you think it should be done. I agree with your perspective on foundation and functionality vs content. Those of us playing the game should recognize that Early Access is more about us helping you build a better game by providing feedback and testing. The content will come when it's ready. In the meantime, we'll keep playing and letting you know what we see. Keep up the good work!

MolliMayhem, Stolpskott and Bacterial like this.
  10. Bacterial

thanks for your attention to the game and kind words ;)

MolliMayhem and strider6000 like this.
  11. Deimos

Deimos Inquisitive Golden Founder

What phase is the netcode rework in?

12. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

Sadly me and many others have already moved on to other games. I understand Early Access and quiet frankly that term gets thrown around far too much. I have over 200 games on my steam account and over 25% of them are early access games (50+ EA games) many of which are very good games but have been in the EA stage for years, some as long as 3+ years....

When it come to the term Early Access all that means to me is that the game is in development with no guarantee that it will ever be finished. I have 3 games specifically that where EA and never got finished and where eventually removed from the steam store after new games came out that replaced them.

After just 2 weeks of playing and already hitting a grinding point with 2 characters it really doesn't give me much enthusiasm on the overall progression of this game and how often content will be added. Add to the fact that many ingame helpers and devs said many times that the October Halloween content would be removed by November 10th yet here it is November 15th and they still haven't removed the decoration content yet. If it takes that long to remove decoration content, past the posted date, then what are we to expect for new content?

I know it is not fair to compare games because of the difference in teams, locations, etc.. however I have many games that are still EA that get updated weekly or more with tons of stuff from bug fixes to new content and with games like this If you can't keep up with the demand then it will end up like other title and just die out long before it ever really takes off.

I got too many games to play to sit back and wait for this one to take off or get updated IF it ever does.

Please do not take what I say personally, the game is fun for what little you get and has great potential if it gets the attention and development it deserves.

hnom123 likes this.
  13. Kaori

@MACHIN3 - I don't know if you are referring to me here but I don't believe I ever said that Halloween event stuff would be removed from the game by the 10th, though I said that the Halloween even will last at least until the 10th.

The very few times I have been asked specifically when will it "end?" I have only ever said, "well, if they plan on putting Thanksgiving celebration stuff up they will have to remove it by then!"

I understand how you feel. I want to play much more of this game than what is available. But it's not about play through's right now. It's about testing. And you can only do so much of that even IF you are paid! Take a break, play another game for a few weeks or a few months and come see how things are going then! :)

hnom123 likes this.
  14. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

@Kaori - For the most part it was just referring to the 10th as the date the Halloween content was going to be removed by most however I thought I seen a darker gold GM player in there once saying it would all be removed on the 10th, not going to say for sure as I might have mistaken it as another reference to the 10th not an actual guarantee.

Just as you state though:
    "Take a break, play another game for a few weeks or a few months and come see how things are going then!"

Honestly, that is what drives players away sure enough. I have already moved to other games myself and after a month or more I am sure new games will continue to come out that will spark my interests before I remember to come "test" this one again just to see if anything new is added. Then you also have the possibility of another developer seeing what potential a game like this has and end up making one to compete with this one or worse make this one obsolete if nothing is added within the time they develop. Not saying it will happen but it can very much so as I stated before having several games no longer offered on steam because of that very reason.

In other words, I honestly have already lost the enthusiasm for this game and with replies from devs and helpers saying "come back in a few months and see if anything is new" completely discourages me from even following it much less mentioning it to players to try as it will only disappoint them as it has me after a week or so of playing :(

As I said before it's a great start of a game with amazing potential IF the dev team really start releasing new stuff. Otherwise it's just going to be another game in the list that's forgotten about.

hnom123 likes this.
  15. Kaori

To be completely frank here, I've only ever played 2 games continuously for more than a year without either quitting and coming back later, or playing another game at the same time. (and those two were Everquest and World of Warcraft (this was over a decade now, mind you, there were very few MMO's to even choose from back then!).

Times are a changing and people go through game content now faster than ever. I haven't even dated anyone that played a game longer then a couple months at a time. At least not without a break for boot camp, college break, or club/dating binges. haha

If you're going to be unhappy and discouraged by any reply unless it's "here, have some more content," there's not a thing anyone here can do for you until the netcode gets fixed, unfortunately. I hope you find some happy time somewhere else in the meantime. :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  16. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

Yeah I am a bit different when it comes to games, I played MMOs like Guild wars for years, then Guild Wars 2 for years with unmeasurable hours. I got over 1500 hours in Rust, 1000 hours in ARK,500+ in H1Z1, Reign of Kings, etc... I get my fair share out of games lol. I also run a multigaming community that plays many different games so I end up playing more than your average gamer. I also developed mods for Rust, RoK, FEAR Combat, and others...

On average I'll play the games I like for many years and continue to go from game to game and back while promoting them to my community for others to get and enjoy. I am just offering some advice that I learned from the almost 10 years of running and being in the gaming community... If a game like this is ignored for too long it can and pretty much will end up with a bad rep for lack of development or dev interest. Several players in my community got it and have already killed it for the rest from getting it due to the lack of content and only a few minor bug fix updates with no real timeline of what's going on, so don't think it's just me. My first sentence was "Sadly me and many others have already moved on to other games" and that meant that my community pretty much has moved on from this game before it ever really made it as one of our primary games which I regret because it has such great potential and unless the developers show they plan to really jump in and make things happen I doubt it ever will become one we support.

Even something giving real directions and possible timeline goals (in English) would help dramatically in keeping enthusiasm up as players wait for new content but instead you get a very vague and rather disappointing post that tells players to come back in a few months to see if anything is new. That's no way to encourage players to follow the development and in my view it almost says there no organization within the development and points to another game that was pushed to Early Access for sales with no goal for completion..

I really hope not, like I said this game could be amazing IF the developers really give it attention and development it deserves. I hope to see things improve soon as I would love this to become one our my communities primary games!

Versuvious and hnom123 like this.
  17. Bacterial

can’t say anything new about, sorry. Its being actively developed at the moment.

18. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

If you don't mind me asking..

Exactly how big is the development team for PG?
    Is it just a few people, a handful, and large team of say 10 or more developers?
    Also, is this the only game the development team is focused on? After looking on the Steam store page I see it's developed and published by NeuronHaze and there are no other games (on steam at least) from the same organization.

19. Bacterial

iirc devteam is like 12 ppl atm, and yes, its their first and only game for now. Also, they don’t have publisher or sponsors.

20. Deimos

Deimos Inquisitive Golden Founder

Hopefully they aren't thinking of abandoning us. This is their big title because everyone all ready loves it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.