• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Background story to PG

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
I was wondering if there is a background story to PG. So far I haven't encountered anything that resembles a background story, but I might have been looking in the wrong places.

If there isn't any, will there be one in the future? As in, are there already plans to make one?

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
There are some rough bits of the story here and there on forums, but those are all written in Russian only.

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
Could you gather those bits and translate them for me? I know I could search for them myself, but since I don't know any Russian it would take me a long time.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
I was wondering if there is a background story to PG. So far I haven't encountered anything that resembles a background story, but I might have been looking in the wrong places.

If there isn't any, will there be one in the future? As in, are there already plans to make one?
I am sure the developers will reveal the entire story for everyone to see once they have the puzzle pieces put together, for now we can only speculate and wonder.

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
I am sure the developers will reveal the entire story for everyone to see once they have the puzzle pieces put together, for now we can only speculate and wonder.
I'm sure they will, but I was merely wondering what is available right now. I'm guessing there must at least be a plan or a rough story made.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
I'm sure they will, but I was merely wondering what is available right now. I'm guessing there must at least be a plan or a rough story made.
I believe there is, we just haven't seen it yet, you can always check out the Russian forums and see if maybe you can snag any information from there ;)

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
I believe there is, we just haven't seen it yet, you can always check out the Russian forums and see if maybe you can snag any information from there ;)
I'll see what I can do with my buddy Google Translate :)
Also, if I find anything, I'll post it here for the other non-Russian-speaking members of this forum.
From Лор игры — Project Genom:
Game Lore
Jane Sanders

"The wheel of life is not only revolving forward, it is also worth the effort."
- Unknown author

"I'm wondering who will answer for all this", she thought while glancing around the many-kilometer crater in front of her. It was dusk and somewhere deep below, the colossal funnel came alive with thousands of lights.
"Can't sleep?" Mike asked.
Jane shuddered.
"Ah, it's you, Mick, hello."
"Hey! How many times have I asked you to not call me Mick! It sound like some kind of dog name. And I'm Michael Phelps, not a poodle!
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry", Jane said with a grin. "It's a habit, that's all. I'm thinking about who will be held responsible."
"Well, certainly not the chief engineer, you're worth their weight in gold, there's nothing to think about."
"That's true." Jane turned and looked at Mike. "Well, how are you? Have you found out when they would let us into the crater?"
Mike frowned and scratched his unshaven chin.
"No, nothing is clear. Actually, this is becoming very muddy. We are not allowed to enter the perimeter. They say: "Are you from the security department? Well, then guard the perimeter." While behind it everything is fine, for it is safe, after everyone died. "
"Everyone died ...", Jane repeated, again looking at the crater in the distance.
"My friends were there", Mike said softly, patting her on the shoulder, "Don't be sad. Instead, want to get drunk?"
She smiled tiredly and silently went to the city twinkling in the distance. "Get drunk, why not? Today it's still possible."

Two weeks had passed since the Titan explosion. Two tiring weeks of incessant calls, questions, reports, explanations and running around from place to place. The central office of Anthropos literally ripped from people scurrying back and forth. The media, military, security services and representatives of other states crowded at the entrances and exits - everyone wanted answers, what caused the catastrophe and who was to blame. People swore and jostled, often leading to fights. The most aggressive were the security services of the office. The security chief, with an ashy-gray face, shouted at his subordinates without any lunch breaks, who, in turn, yelled at everyone else.

"What a mess", Mike said, as he slumped into the chair. For a minute he silently massaged his temples, then opened one eye and asked, "How do you manage to always look so good? Even after yesterday?"
"What about yesterday?" Jane laughed. "It's you who passed out right behind the counter."
"That's true," Mike said while yawning.
"Look! Have you seen the latest episode of "Reason"? They set up everything. No? Well, it's this program, with a nasty bald choreographer. I'll show it to you, I've recorded it. It's, it's... Here!"

"... you know, our dear audience. What were we thinking about? The war for resources has exhausted the planet to the limit. We poisoned and decayed the last fertile land, the last water. Removed the remains of ore and fuel for armament. There was nothing to fight for. And the result? Millions of lost lives and more though hunger. But we survived. Yes, we had to eat chemical rubbish and breathe through masks, but that is better than death. Two hundred and twenty-three years have passed, we are even accustomed to such an existence, and here it happened, an event that turned our lives.

2737 was the beginning of a new era, the era of terraforming. Scientists from the Independent International Institute of High Technology (NMIVT) have been given the opportunity to change the soil composition by molecular transformations. This allowed Hans Felberg, the founder of the institute, to assemble the first prototype of a terra-machine capable of reshaping the landscape as necessary. Felberg sold the patent for the terra-car to the Eastern Union and disappeared under strange circumstances shortly thereafter. The disappearance of the leader and ideological mastermind nearly destroyed NMIVT, but the institute supported several small independent countries by establishing an alliance. This is how the largest corporative state-state, Entropos, was founded, where we all were lucky enough to live and work.

As you know, we are ahead of the Eastern Union and were the first to create the giant terraforming machine "Titan". It is able to interact with the earth's crust to a depth of two hundred meters and cover a strip half a kilometer wide. We received the first harvest of real organic food after the war. This made the machine a tremendous success. Therefore, it was followed by the construction of Titan-2 and Titan-3. Entropos became the leader of terraforming technologies, but the Eastern Union did not lag behind. Vacant land for terraforming was scarce. With the recent disappearances of key scientists, ongoing espionage and political intrigue, we are again seeing the growing conflict of the world's biggest powers. We honestly tried to establish relations, but recent events make it possible to say with confidence that another war is coming. As you know, two weeks ago there was a terrorist attack on a Titan, which blew it up and took a lot of lives with it. According to our data, the attack was planned by the Eastern Union. All of us mourn for the dead, we send our condolences to their families and urge you to be ready for anything. It was Ro ... "

"So, what is it?", Mike asked, closing the laptop and breaking off the words of the announcer. "Why are you showing me this?"
"We, we, us, we," Jane said, mocking the presenter, "their words are full with patriotism and lacking information. The east is to blame for everything. Wow, such a sensation."
"And I'm thinking, that's the way it should be. Prepare for war, love your country. Why else say something? Moreover, nothing is known about this case at all."
"Well, maybe you're right. I'm far from politics and any social psychology, so give me the truth."
"The truth is," sighed Mike, "that the conflict with the Eastern Union is growing."

There was a knock at the door. Jane hurriedly said goodbye and left, on the way meeting a glance with the gloomy military man at the door. She was thinking over Mike's last words. If he was talking about a growing conflict, then things are really starting to get bad.

Today Jane had to rake up a heap of papers and recruit a new engineering team. Working with newcomers was always interesting to her, but not today, not at such a time. All her thoughts were chained to the downfall of the Titan. The strange circumstance that she, the leading engineer of Entropus, responsible for the stability of the systems of all three Titans, was not even let into the place of the explosion. Looking back on unprecedented security measures, it was very difficult to believe in the involvement of the Eastern Union in this catastrophe. Over the past month, the Titan has had three critical system failures, one of which nearly led to an uncontrolled thermonuclear reaction. The engine had obvious problems and everyone knew about it. So why, a week before the catastrophe, were she and a few other key employees sent on holiday? Was Entropos preparing for the explosion, did they know about it in advance?

"Nonsense. Nonsense!" – Jane repeated to herself, quickly walking along the corridors of the central office. "Who destroys their own terra machine and accuses their neighbors?" But there was no other explanation. Although in any case, it was impossible to find out the exact circumstances. She is the wrong person in a ravening ruling machine to know anything about it.
"Okay, **** you, east, so east," she said aloud, stopping in front of a massive iron door and putting her hand to the scanner, "let's see what else you'll say, while you need to concentrate on your work."
Morning. The sun had just shown the edge of skyscrapers in the east. A soft orange light poured into the window, sparkling in specks of dust, which looked like a young blonde woman in a gray dressing gown.

"Miss Sanders, there is someone for you, should I let him in?"
"Yes, Dick, thank you."
“Ohoho! This is a mansion!” - Mike entered and he sounded very pleased, “Your new office is impressive, remind me how you’ve earned it?”
"The old one burned down", Jane laughed, "What brings you here? Where did you even disappear to for a month and a half?”
"I was in the hospital, something trivial."
“Trivial?” Jane frowned.
“Well, yes, something jumped on my back. Do you want me to show you?” Mike asked, already lifting his shirt.

Jane screamed and dropped one of the boxes. There was complete silence. The woman looked in horror at the metal rim, implanted into Mike’s back, just below his neck. In the orange twilight of the room, a small blue light gleamed brightly, right in the center of the rim.
"What, what... what is this?" Jane whispered nervously.
Mike burst out laughing. “Yeah! Exactly the reaction I expected, it was worth it to sign out three days earlier. Don’t worry so much, come closer, look at this miracle from up close. You're an engineer, aren’t you interested in a breakthrough in science?”
"What kind of breakthrough? Since when did lights in the back start to be called a breakthrough?” She asked in a still uncertain voice.
“That's exactly what a breakthrough is. Don’t you still watch the news? They have been trumpeting through all channels for about three days on this. Something like: "Tremble! Changes are coming, of which the world has never seen! Eternal life, pink elephants!”."
"Come on, no jokes, Mikey! Explain what it is.”

“Okay, you're serious. No more than two months ago a certain project "Genom" was launched. I don’t know all the details, those scientists like to be secretive, but one thing was clear - work on this project was conducted for a long time and they had finally found a method to modify a person's body by implanting a neurostimulating implant. On assurances of the scientists, this tiny "light bulb" is capable to increase physical and mental potential tenfold. Our department was one of the first to bring us to the laboratory, where these pieces were inserted. I, as a supervisor, had to set an example. We were told: "It is necessary, eagles, the homeland will not forget." Well, you know, in such cases: they say, you do.”
“And you agreed?! Allowed to experiment on yourself, like a rat? You're out of your mind, aren’t you? I always agreed with you, but this is too much. I'll tell you this as a friend, go back to the lab and get this lamp out.

"Take it out," Mike said with a grin. "This lamp has replaced my entire nervous system. It's like pulling my brain out. No, I'd rather be like her. Even more than that. I came to you not to boast of insanity, I need to talk to you. Although, judging by your words, the conversation is already set in stone. Nevertheless, I will try to convince you to get the same implant.
“Get this piece of glowing shit?! Are you crazy?! This thing really replaced your whole brain, right? Hey, Mike, Mikey, are you there?” Jane snapped her fingers in front of his face.
Mike gently grabbed her hand and became serious.

"Jane! For what I’m about to tell you, I cannot only be fired, but even declared a traitor to the state. So listen, please. As you know, the relationship between Entropos and the Eastern Union is getting worse every day. According to intelligence, they are preparing to hit our terra machines next month. The top of Entropos decided to strike first. It will happen in exactly one week. A week, you understand? This will unleash the fourth world war, though its consequences will be much worse than all previous wars combined. You know perfectly well that that Titan was equipped with a low-power engine, and despite this, its blast wave was enough to form a crater with a width of 150 kilometers. Imagine what will happen if you detonate Titan-2 or 3, which have complete nuclear reactors inside.

Jane jerked her hand away, crouched and began to collect the scattered papers out of the box that she had dropped.

“A Week before they strike the terra machines. It seems that not only your brain has been replaced with a light bulb. The government is clearly in a mental crisis. Tell me”, she stood up abruptly and threw the papers on the table, “how will this save you in a nuclear apocalypse? Will it click on radiation, like a Geiger counter?”
“No, listen to me. Do you remember the old project of deep freezing of a person?”
“Of course I remember, what a wonderful project that was. 100% mortality is very good, isn’t it?”
“And what if the percentage of mortality drops to, say, one hundredth of a percent? What would you think then, is it successful or not? This is the same! And it is achieved through implants. A stronger organism can fall into suspended animation and come out of it without serious consequences.”

"I still do not understand," Jane said, "how does cryogenic sleep save mankind?"
“Very simple. In the event of a global catastrophe, we will fly to deep space to search for a new Earth. Do you understand? Our technologies do not allow us to move at the speed of light, but they can extend our life practically indefinitely, even if this life is in a cryogenic dream.”
"So that's why Entropos has built these huge ships! It’s clear now. And then you're going to claim that they decided to play war games only a week ago? They’ve been preparing for many years.”

"It's not about that, Jane! It's about your life, our lives.”
"You know me, Mikey. I'll never go for it. It’s vain that you do...”
“Nothing is in vain!” He interrupted her. "Now you know, and I'm just asking to think." There isn’t much room in the ships and it's extremely difficult to get hold of them, so don't wait too long with your decision, okay?
“I don’t…”
“Good?”
"Yes, yes, all right," she waved, "I'll think about it, go already."
Yet she didn’t intend to think about it. Getting an implant to be able to fall into a cryogenic perennial coma and to fly into space - no. Don’t hope for it, you’re better off without it.

Digging through the papers on the table, she didn’t even hear the door opening behind her. Two people entered the office and she didn’t see the bright sunlight gliding along the needle as it was pierced into her neck.

Mike had just finished smoking his third cigarette when the largest of the spacecraft-arks, "Harbinger", finally began to rise into the air. He stood there for another five minutes before the ark disappeared into the low clouds, then threw away the cigarette butt with a flick of his fingers and started walking along the road to the city. Behind him, the noise of the approaching shockwave from the explosion of Titan-2 slowly grew. Nevertheless, he was smiling. The ship had departed at the last minute and inside it, in a cryogenic capsule named Michael Phelps, behind a tiny misted glass, there was a young, beautiful woman with blond hair.

Jane Sanders, one of the leading engineers of Entropos. Head of the terrorist department at the Institute of High Technologies, responsible for the stability of the work of the three titans.
Chapter I. the New world
Awakening

Cold. It is impossible to move or even open my eyes. In my head there's this growing dull pain. Within this pain, there are buried bits and pieces of thoughts, not having time to take shape. And fear, Oh yeah! The irrational, animalian, unbearable horror. Scientists explained it as an attempt of the brain to restore its functions, throw more adrenaline into the blood to make the body work. Everyone coming out of stasis sleep manifested individual symptoms, but the fear was the same for everyone. On one hand, what's wrong with that; Being scared, realise your body is being fooled and calm down. On the other was the truth that the body could not get out of this state on their own, not without consequences. Five minutes after defrosting, a man was able to jump to his feet and run, but usually such a run ended in the morgue. The reason was "Gel-13" - a special liquid that is injected into the blood and allowing it to immerse the person in a stasis sleep. Having a more dense and viscous structure than blood, along with a sharp acceleration of heart rate, the gel simply did not have time to pass through the circulatory system and clogged the heart valves. To cope with this problem a variety of sedatives were given fifteen minutes before the person's attempt to get up. This time sufficed for the complete removal of the Gel-13 from the body.

Despite the relatively simple thawing procedure from cryogenic sleep, people began to withdraw about half a year after the crash. It wasn't just in damaged equipment of the cryogenic compartments. Here the planet itself played a role. At first, the main problem was food, but the planet, swarming with completely edible biomass, solved this issue in a week. Health was a much more serious threat to survival. The air of Avalon was not the best "medicine" for a tired man. A preliminary study of the atmosphere revealed the presence of unknown bacteria and impurities. To find out whether that had a negative impact on the person, wasn't difficult. After all, no matter what someone may say otherwise, expectoration of your own lungs is a bad sign. Later, when the arcanium mineral was discovered, it became clear that the main source of disease and death among the people was merely that. A suspension of arcanium dust. The concentration of it in any food and the radiation of this mineral had killed ten times faster than the notorious cancer or AIDS in the distant 20th century.

In the end, the first month of the disease killed 527 people. Salvation existed only in the constant wearing of masks or helmets. However, there was another problem: about 90 thousand people in a stasis dream breathed arcanium dust, even though partially purified by cryocapsules. Effects of inhalation of weak arcanine impurities made themselves clear much later, when the decision was made on mass defrosting. Studies have shown that many people who breathed the infected air in stasis sleep acquired immunity, and even more so, they showed signs of a mutation of the respiratory and digestive organs. Most of the awakened people were unaffected by the spreading disease and could eat raw food without any harm to the body. This fact has forced researchers to pay closer attention to arcanium, not only as a mineral for strong alloys and powerful energy, but also as a biological impact factor.

* I will continue to translate whatever information I find about the backstory of PG. If you find any mistakes in my translation, please let me know. *

Last edited by a moderator:

unkas62

Raider
Gold Avalon
43/5000
Slavyane tozhe inogda chitayut vashe tvorchestvo.
Slavs also sometimes read your work.

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
43/5000
Slavyane tozhe inogda chitayut vashe tvorchestvo.
Slavs also sometimes read your work.
Thank you very much. After all, I do need Russian-speaking people to check my translations for errors.

Here is another part of translated lore:

Universe
The origin of the planet

(The numbers refer to the frames in the picture above.)

1. The planet N-64c (Avalon), terrestrial type, orbits the star and has two satellites. The atmosphere is unsuitable for life. The energy of the core is too weak to maintain any changes on the planet.

2. In all corners of outer space, there were clusters of rare asteroids. The origin of these asteroids is unknown. Their distinguishing feature was the substance Arcanum (arc-asteroids). In itself, this substance, in its pure form, is completely useless, but under certain conditions, having got on a planet with a core of ferromagnetic elements, it formed a complex chemical reaction with iron atoms, forming an incredibly rare and valuable mineral called arcanium. Flying through the stellar system, a large group of arc-asteroids was captured by the electromagnetic field of N-64c. The main mass of asteroids got stuck in the crust of the planet, up to a depth of 60 km. Only the largest ones have reached the core of the planet.

3. Arcanium began to form in reaction with iron. At the same time, an enormous amount of energy was released, which contributed to heating the planet's core. The fallen asteroids have changed the topography of the planet and the surplus of energy, bursting outward, caused volcanic activity. The primary atmosphere was saturated with carbon dioxide, ammonia and steam. This led to the formation of a habitable atmosphere.

4. Liquid water appeared on the planet and soon after that the first life in the form of bacteria, brought by the arc-asteroids from deep space. Next, plants formed and animals took shape. Life actively evolved. Due to the very bumpy surface of the broken asteroids and the many anomalies that appeared due to different reactions of Arcanum with other chemical elements, a large variety of areas with distinctive characteristics and climate formed on N-64c. It ranged from deserts to swampy forests. After 3000 million years on the planet the first intelligent life was born - Gunars.
The background / Prehistory
The year 2514. Human had exhausted Earth's resources, the reserves of which were barely enough for a poor existence in the overpopulated cities. The atmosphere between the leading countries was becoming tense, more and more often there were minor conflicts, which eventually gave rise to a full-scale war for resources. The mindless use of chemical and biological weapons almost completely deprived people of drinkable water and edible food. All fertile land was gone. The remnants of humanity survived on artificial food substitutes that were created, at times, from the survivors themselves.

Together with the fate of men, the old structure of the world collapsed. The boundaries of the former powers were erased. Mankind began to unite in city-states, formed around independent scientific institutions and paramilitary settlements.

Immediately after the third world war, a project was launched on the deep freezing of living organisms in one of the institutes, as a possible variant of human survival. Despite all the scientists' attempts, the outcome proved to be lethal in one hundred per cent of the cases. But what was surprising is that other simian species (which were almost completely extinct before the war), were able to withstand a long stasis sleep. This led to one conclusion – a stronger and simpler organism can tolerate freezing. Human evolution consisted of the ongoing development of the brain. Higher intelligence was compensated by a weakening body. In the end, nature had created the most intelligent, and, at the same time, the weakest creature. For successful freezing it was necessary to modify the human body, make it stronger. This was done by several groups of scientists, led by the French biologist Alain Farman. The project was classified as secret insofar as anything could be classified at all. Only the name leaked into the light – "Project Genom".

The main idea of Farman was the development of natural evolutionary processes. That is, to develop the brain and nervous system to the limit, affecting the human genome. Furthermore, create an additional "organ" through which they could directly influence the body. Despite the theory being plausible, experiments on modifications of the human genome were a failure. The greatest results were achieved by a Finnish group of scientists experimenting with radioactive mutations. Frankly though, it was a weak result.

At the same time, people were intensively looking for other ways to survive. The most promising always seemed to be space, with its limitless resources. Yet without cryogenic freezing the path into deep space on modern low-power engines was too long and there was nothing to dream about utopian hyperspace jumps, although work in these areas, of course, was being carried out.

In 2737 microbiologist Hans Felberg, the founder of one of the leading independent research institutions in the world (NMIVT), found a way of molecular transformation of the soil. This discovery was considered the key to survival of the human species. However, they considered it too hastily.

Seven months after the discovery, a team of scientists led by Felberg managed to create the first prototype of a terramachine, named "Arcan". However, critical overloads in the nuclear reactor during a test led to the explosion of the machine, which killed almost the entire team of researchers. This event wasn't publicized and only known to a very small circle of specialists. After the explosion, while studying the terraformed deep rocks in the funnel, scientists discovered traces of a superheavy element.. Presumably, the traces appeared after irradiation of terraformed rocks of extraterrestrial origin. According to scientists, the Earth was once bombarded by asteroids, which preserved information about the particles that asteroids encountered in space. Molecular conversion together with thermal and nuclear "processing" showed this information. The element was called Arcanum, in memory of the first terramachine and its victims.

unkas62

Raider
Gold Avalon
Привет.Проштудировал написанное на рашке,читается нормалек.
Hi.Prohstudiroval written on rashke, it reads normalk.

svindler

Resident Of Avalon
Silver Founder
I don't understand the original (russian) version, but the translation is inspiring :) Looking forward for more! Keep up the good work!

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
I don't understand the original (russian) version, but the translation is inspiring :) Looking forward for more! Keep up the good work!
Thank you!

Below is a continuation of The background / Prehistory:

Despite the failure with the first prototype, Felberg created a second terramachine in just two months and began selling the terraforming technology on the side. After that, he disappeared under strange circumstances. At the same time, the Eastern Union, the largest association of scientific institutions in the east, entered the race of terraforming technologies.

Having lost its founder and its superiority in technology, NIMVT was on the verge of collapse, though the institute supported several small independent corporations and institutions and having founded the largest corporative state, the state of Entropos.

New financial injections allowed to continue the studies on both terraforming and arcanium. Scientists managed to obtain Arcanum atoms by nuclear fusion of the samples they had found. Unfortunately the obtained element wasn't stable and "lived" for about 10 minutes. Still, this did not stop them from passionately studying it. The main issue was the radiation of the Arcanium, which, at first signs, influenced biological organisms. Fearing the negative consequences of irradiation with a new element, Alan Farman, head of the project "Genom", was selected to study this issue. This led to an even more significant discovery. Using the works of Finnish scientists, Farman managed to produce a number of transmutations on living organisms using arcanium radiation instead of normal radioactivity. Soon the experiments with people began. The first success was tremendous! Even after a series of setbacks, Farman and his colleagues finally managed to achieve the desired results and change the human genome. Their subjects had increased brain activity, accelerated heart rate and enhanced senses. Some even displayed extraordinary abilities, such as telekinesis, although the activity of the brain in such people went off the scale, which led, if not to death, to the full and utter madness of the subject involved. Most importantly though, the subjects had increased cell regeneration. The inability of many cells to regenerate kept scientists from advancing in the study of cryogenics. With this the theory of deep freezing had acquired a new life.

In addition to changing the genome, Farman also realized his idea of a governing body, through which a person could interact with the brain and nervous system from the outside. This "organ" was an implanted in the back of a person near the eleventh cervical vertebra. The implantation operation took about three hours, after which the patient needed two to three days to restore their neurotransmitter activity. With the implant it was possible to further strengthen brain activity and develop muscle tissue. After some modifications, the implant began to not only receive signals from the outside, but also transmit brain signals back to the outside. This allowed to create a prototype of the mechanical hand "Kibr-01", which was connected to the implant and controlled by brain activity without any power supplies. This fact brought the implant technology to a whole new level, opening a broad expanse for the creation of perfect mechanics.

While Farman was experimenting with the implant, the top of Entropus created the first giant terramachine "Titan", trying to get ahead of the Eastern Union. Some time after the construction of the Titan it sadly became clear that the technology of terraforming gave a false hope. As it turned out, not all soil was suitable for terraforming. Worse still, even the best soil could be transformed up to three to four times, after which it wouldn't even grow mold. The terraformer could only "squeeze" the remnants of useful substances into the earth. After all, whatever people may say, according to the law of conservation of energy you cannot make fertile soil from just sand. As a result, humanity was given a delay of 100, maybe 150 years, after which everything would return to the hunger extinction of the past. This fact forced the leaders of Entropos to pay attention to "Project Genom" once more.

Experiments with arcanium have shown that this element doesn't only have mutagenic properties, but is also able to act as a powerful source of energy. Theoretically, pure Arcanum could give enough power to completely terraform other planets. The only obstacle was the instability of the pure form of the element.

Then there was launched a grand, though not new, idea of conquering outer space, with the goal to find either habitable planets or planets with arcanium and terraform those. The task was truly difficult, especially since time was limited. Ultimately, the heads of Entropos understood that they couldn't cope with the task on their own and they turned to their main competitor, the most developed and powerful superpower. The heads of Entropos signed a secret agreement on cooperation with the leaders of the Eastern Union. In total, the contract contained 10 names, the five most important people from the top of both states. They called themselves the "Union of Ten". This new association began construction of arena ships with cryogenic equipment on board. Those ships were to travel into space to search for arcanium and habitable planets, far beyond the solar system.

When the first ark was completed, the second phase began - gene modification of the citizens of Entropos and the Eastern Union. It was decided to save about half the population of both states. The other half required a large mass of synthesized Arcanum, but the quantity obtained by mining arcanium was not enough. Then the Eastern Union put forward a monstrous idea - to blow up Titan-1. This would provide them with the necessary amount of arcanium rocks. There was a reason for choosing Titan-1. It was the least powerful of all already created terramachines. Three people from Entropos voted against this measure, they offered to look for other options, yet the majority of votes decided the question. Titan-1 was blown up, officially because of faults in the system. Regretably, the amount of arcanium was insignificant, the deposits of arcanium in meteorite rocks were clearly uneven. Even despite this, a secret modification of the first groups recruited from the elite of Entropos began within two weeks.

The explosion of Titan-1 caused a split in the unification of the leaders of the two states. Seven members of the Union of Ten, who advocated the destruction of Titan, united in a common idea - the destruction of Titan-2 and the Dragon, the two most powerful terramachines on the territory of Entropos and the Eastern Union. Everyone understood that the consequences would be serious, but the reserves of Arcanium, according to the assumption, would become huge. Such a bold move could save the lives of the entire population of the planet and not just 50 percent of the two states.

The three remaining members of the Union of Ten left the union and unleashed an information war. Speaking under the pseudonym Lid Kane, they began the construction of the largest ark called "Harbinger", containing one hundred thousand people. Whilst doing so, Lid Kane disseminated information about the impending war with the Eastern Union and possible terrorist attacks on the terramachines of Entropos. This meant strengthened security measures and a delay in the destruction of Titan-2, which was necessary to complete the construction of the Harbinger and to recruit their team. The main idea of Lid Kane was the construction of a ship capable of wandering the cosmos almost endlessly, unlike all the other arks. This was achieved, in particular, by the special structure of the engine, because it was capable of collecting helium-3 and deuterium from the atmosphere of nearby planets and used that as fuel. They also assembled a special cryogenic freezing system. It was decided to assemble the Harbinger's team from the best specialists of Entropos together with a strict selection of the remaining passengers.

Despite all precautions and secrecy, there was the possibility that some people from the Harbinger were working for the Union, which was confirmed at one point. At that time, Titan-2 was set in motion and headed toward the Harbinger. The calculation of the remaining Union of Ten was clear - to fulfill its plan, while destroying all witnesses. This required them to sacrifice not only the whole team of the Harbinger, but also the multimillion population of the nearest metropolis. At the same time, this maneuver indicated to Lid Kane what the exact date of the explosion of Titan-2 would be. It would take a week before the Harbinger would be inside the blast radius. During this time, they prepared the ark for an emergency take-off.

In the end, the ascent of the Harbinger occurred just a minute before the explosion of Titan-2 and the Dragon. That "saving" explosion which unexpectedly led to much more serious consequences for the citizens of Earth than multi-kilometer craters and radioactive contamination.

* This is not the end of the story. Be ready for more! I will continue to translate whatever information I find about the backstory of PG. If you find any mistakes in my translations, please let me know. *

unkas62

Raider
Gold Avalon
Ниже представлено продолжение предыстории / предыстории:

Несмотря на неудачу с первым прототипом, Фелберг создал вторую платформу всего за два месяца и начал продавать технологию терраформинга на стороне. После этого он исчез при странных обстоятельствах. В то же время Восточный союз, крупнейшая ассоциация научных учреждений на востоке, вступил в борьбу с технологиями терраформинга.

Потеряв своего основателя и превосходство в технологиях, NIMVT был на грани краха, хотя институт поддерживал несколько небольших независимых корпораций и институтов и основал крупнейшее корпоративное государство - государство Энтропос.

Новые финансовые вливания позволили продолжить исследования как по терраформированию, так и по арканию. Ученым удалось получить атомы Arcanum путем ядерного синтеза образцов, которые они нашли. К сожалению, полученный элемент не был стабильным и «жил» около 10 минут. Но это не помешало им страстно изучить его. Основной проблемой было излучение Arcanium, которое, поначалу, влияло на биологические организмы. Опасаясь негативных последствий облучения новым элементом, Алан Фарман, руководитель проекта «Геном», был выбран для изучения этого вопроса. Это привело к еще более существенному открытию. Используя работы финских ученых, Фарман сумел произвести ряд превращений живых организмов, используя арканиевое излучение вместо нормальной радиоактивности. Вскоре начались эксперименты с людьми. Первый успех был потрясающим! Даже после ряда неудач, Фарман и его коллеги, наконец, смогли достичь желаемых результатов и изменить человеческий геном. У их испытуемых повышалась активность мозга, ускорялся сердечный ритм и улучшались чувства. Некоторые даже проявили необыкновенные способности, такие как телекинез, хотя деятельность мозга у таких людей ушла с такой шкалы, которая привела, если не к смерти, к полному и полному безумию вовлеченного субъекта. Самое главное, что испытуемые увеличили регенерацию клеток. Неспособность многих клеток к регенерации не позволяла ученым продвигаться в изучении криогеники. Благодаря этому теория глубокого замерзания обрела новую жизнь.

В дополнение к изменению генома, Фарман также понял свою идею руководящего органа, с помощью которого человек мог взаимодействовать с мозгом и нервной системой извне. Этот «орган» был имплантирован в спину человека около одиннадцатого шейного позвонка. Операция имплантации заняла около трех часов, после чего пациенту потребовалось два-три дня для восстановления активности нейротрансмиттеров. С имплантатом удалось еще больше усилить мозговую деятельность и развить мышечную ткань. После некоторых модификаций имплантат начал не только получать сигналы извне, но и передавать сигналы мозга обратно навстречу. Это позволило создать прототип механической руки «Кибр-01», которая была связана с имплантатом и контролировалась мозговой деятельностью без каких-либо источников питания. Этот факт привел технологию внедрения к совершенно новому уровню, открыв широкие просторы для создания совершенной механики.

Пока Фарман экспериментировал с имплантатом, верх Энтропуса создал первую гигантскую террамачину «Титан», пытаясь опередить Восточный союз. Через некоторое время после постройки Титана стало ясно, что технология терраформирования дала ложную надежду. Как оказалось, не вся земля пригодна для терраформирования. Хуже того, даже самая лучшая почва могла быть преобразована до трех-четырех раз, после чего она даже не будет расти плесенью. Терраформер мог лишь «сжать» остатки полезных веществ в землю. В конце концов, что бы люди ни говорили, согласно закону сохранения энергии, вы не можете сделать плодородную почву из простого песка. В результате человечеству дали отсрочку в 100, а может быть, 150 лет, после чего все вернется к исчезновению голода в прошлом. Этот факт заставил лидеров Entropos еще раз обратить внимание на «Project Genom».

Эксперименты с арканием показали, что этот элемент обладает не только мутагенными свойствами, но также способен действовать как мощный источник энергии. Теоретически, чистый Arcanum мог дать достаточно энергии, чтобы полностью терраформировать другие планеты. Единственным препятствием была неустойчивость чистой формы элемента.

Затем была запущена грандиозная, хотя и не новая идея покорения космического пространства, цель которой - найти или обитаемые планеты или планеты с арканией и терраформировать их. Задача была действительно трудной, тем более что время было ограничено. В конечном счете, главы Entropos поняли, что они не могут справиться с задачей самостоятельно, и они обратились к своему главному конкуренту, самой развитой и мощной сверхдержаве. Главы Entropos подписали секретное соглашение о сотрудничестве с лидерами Восточного союза. В общей сложности в контракте содержалось 10
Type in Russian.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
Don't use Google translate, for some reason Google isn't advanced enough to make an accurate translation from Russian to English.

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
Don't use Google translate, for some reason Google isn't advanced enough to make an accurate translation from Russian to English.
Yes, I've noticed that. Right now I'm using both Google Translate and Yandex Translate and compare their translations. Any words that still seem wrong after that are searched for and translated seperately. I think that's the best I can do without knowledge of the Russian language.
Below is a continuation of The background / Prehistory:

The explosion of the Dragon opened the deep layers of the earth's crust and hit its target precisely. It exposed one of the few remaining Arcanum veins. Except this pure Arkanum was highly unstable. It interacted with the air, which caused the Arcanum to crystallize and expand several times. The discovery of that layer deep in the earth's crust led to a chain reaction of crystallization of the Arcanum. The epicenter being the explosion of the terramachine and reaching all the way to the core of the Earth. The planet simply tore to pieces.

When the Earth was destroyed by the explosion of Titan-2 and the Dragon, several hundred arks left in time, including the Harbinger. Wandering through space did not bring any results. Some of the ships were lost or broke down. The rest returned to the Earth , or rather to what was left of it. It was decided to settle on the surviving fragment, called "Hope". People landed in the central part of the Netherlands, next to the ancient city of Almere, from which they began to call themselves Almeri (and later Almers). The unbearable conditions of life, the cold due to the cooled core of the planet, lack of food, high radiation aside from arcanium radiation pushed progress better than any war. Additionally, the Almers found the remains of unseen technologies in the wreckage of the moon. The technology of the people developed at a frantic pace along with the appearance of the first signs of gene mutations. Epidemics of previously unknown diseases often broke out, new types of viruses and bacteria appeared - evolution continued on Earth. In an effort to save its species, humanity was constantly looking for ways to improve their own body. Genetic modifications and mechanization of various tissues and organs became a major topic for study. Hence, in a constant struggle for life in the vast cosmos, a new species was born.

An important stage on the way to a better life was the work on the restoration of the Earth. Reserves of crystallized arcanium, discovered after the explosion of the planet, began to be used as the most powerful sources of energy and served as a guarantee of survival of the Almers. The Hope fragment gradually expanded, turning into a mechanized planet with an artificial core.

The development of the Almers was only possible with a clear organization and well-coordinated work of all the inhabitants of the planet, in connection with which the society soon established an aristocratic form of government. The main authority was the Council of Ancestors, consisting of the ten oldest and most respected Almers, elected posthumously. The more the Almers developed, the more Hope became similar to a military state. It wasn’t long before, in addition to the Council of Ancestors, military leaders received real political power and were given the opportunity to challenge the decisions of the Council.

The main task of the inhabitants of Hope was still the creation of a planet on the remains of the Earth and the development of their race. Over time, it became clear that the free reserves of arcanium energy would not suffice for the long survival of the Almer. Technologies already allowed them to explore the nearest planets, extracting valuable resources and transferring them to Hope, but the population and its needs grew much faster than those resources were extracted. The decision was to open the Ross field. Passing through this field, any object was split into elementary particles that could move in space with near-light speeds and upon arrival into the opposite field, connect back to the object. There was only one obstacle when using this field. It was impossible to send a living creature, while retaining its consciousness. The first experiments on the transfer of Almers from one field to another resulted in a complete loss of memory of the experimental subjects, forgetting even the simplest unconditioned reflexes. Although the causes of loss or preservation of consciousness remained in the category of theories, a solution was found. Deep cryogenic freezing of artificially grown Almers helped to cope with this problem. Prolonged, classified experiments gave the world mutants, Almers with a cybernetic brain. On the reasonable question of the military “Why not just use droids?”, scientists shrugged their shoulders and said, “Droids are just a set of commands, they do not have the flexibility to think for such difficult tasks as conquering the cosmos”. As a result, a separate working caste Almer was formed from the mutants, called "Empty". Attitude to the Empty in society was extremely negative, in connection with their readiness to carry out any orders, not paying attention to morals or any social norms. In 6566 it resulted in the famous Empty War, which began because of a series of high-profile murders. Here, the military remembered the scientists, "the flexibility of thinking". The Empty, trying to prove their worth as a full-fledged cell of society, stopped obeying orders. Large-scale civil war narrowly escaped thanks to the competent policy of the Council and, in particular, commander Joe De Carson, who managed to negotiate with the leaders of the protest movement.

In any case, a new era had come for the Almer. Gradually a massive installation of Ross field gates began, which connected Hope with various points in space and allowed instant transfer of useful goods and workers to any accessible planet. Each time to activate the Gate required a huge amount of energy and the Almers did not find deposits of arcanium on any of the planets of the solar system. In this regard, it was decided to fully explore space, with the aim to find arcanium or other similar resources. Also, the fact that the Sun was gradually cooling off prompted the development of space exploration and it became necessary to find a suitable planet for life, or to warm up the core of Hope with a huge amount of energy and not depend on the Sun at all. The grandiose task of space exploration was hampered only by the limited speeds of their ships. To establish the gates at a remote point in the universe, these gates still had to be delivered there. Even approaching near-light speeds, the time costs for flights were enormous. In the minds of scientists, the idea of natural teleportation still existed, without the use of paired gates. The main opportunity was seen in the study of the properties of black holes. The Almers succeeded in reaching the nearest black hole of Cagney and established a gate next to it, even though this expedition took hundreds of years. Any attempts by scientists to penetrate into the black hole resulted in failure. After the passage of the event horizon, all the experimental objects disappeared from the radar and ceased to send any signals. At the same time, there was no change in the hole itself. But the disappearance of the object is impossible according to the law of conservation of energy, in connection with which two theories have arisen. The first claimed that the object is inside the hole in some space, unable to leave because of gravity. The second theory was that an object falls into any point of the universe with which a black hole is connected through a curvature of space. Most scientists were inclined toward the first theory, but they did not rule out the possibility of the second theory. Although theoretically, to move through a black hole, exotic matter was needed that would overcome the gravity of the black hole. Arcanum approached the role of such matter, since its powerful effects, for a short time, could change its physical qualities. Soon, a group of ambitious scientists, under the leadership of the well-known theoretical physicist Shane, began to perform calculations and experiments, hoping to overcome the gravity of the black hole. The main idea was to create a field of Arcanum particles that had antigravity properties. This property of Arcanum was discovered relatively long ago, even at the time of the first launches of research shuttles. With intensive energy treatment, Arcanum particles acquired properties that repelled gravity for a short time. With sufficient initial acceleration of the object surrounded by such a field, it could overcome the center of the black hole, and at the expense of the antigrav field, go through and come out of it from the other side, if, of course, the other side existed at all. An object reached its highest speed after splitting into the Ross field, so this technology was chosen as the basis for further experiments.

The first shot of an object with an arc-field was made in the year 9956 in the era of colonization. The alpha object entered the black hole. After 23 minutes the object came out of it with a different trajectory from the launch and was lost. The conclusion was that the object didn’t have enough speed to pass the center of the black hole and was thrown out by gravity. The next shot was produced three years later. While the scientists managed to achieve a slight acceleration, the main goal was to catch the object back in the Ross field. This was achieved with the help of gravitational traps. After leaving the black hole, the object was caught and restored. The next step was to find ways to accelerate the object. A successful shot of the object was produced ten months after the start of work on acceleration. The object entered a black hole and disappeared.

Then it was time for one of the most difficult tests - launching a gate through the black hole and its subsequent restoration on the other side. The plan was to launch a whole gate with an active Ross field into the center of the black hole. After that, launch the test object. In theory, the split object had to reach the center of the black hole, go through the Gate that was stuck there, which would restore it to its original form, and get out of the black hole with the acceleration from this second gate. The test object had to be another Gate, with an attached measuring device. After passing through, the gate had to automatically turn to the direction of the greatest gravity and launch the measuring device.

The first stage of the experiment went smoothly, Gate-1 was sent to the center of the black hole. Despite numerous tests and preparations, the second stage was a failure due to inaccuracies in calculating the Gate-2 mass. After numerous refinements, Gate-2 was successfully split and sent through a black hole. After 2 hours 34 minutes the measuring device came out of the black hole. Data from the measuring device showed that beyond the black hole was the usual outer space. It was a tremendous success, in an instant the theory of the permeability of black holes was proven, opening the prospects for the development of outer space to the Almers.

* I'm not entirely sure about the translation of the last two paragraphs, as they were extremely hard to translate. I hope I've done this correctly and if not, please let me know. *

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
The final part of The background / Prehistory:

The year 9962 was marked by the most important event in the history of the Almers. After much experimentation, the first team of Empty people was prepared to move through the black hole. Despite the complexity of the task, the team managed to get through the hole, as reported by the sent transmitter. Included in the message was that they managed to find strong arcanium radiation about eight thousand light-years from the black hole. Also included was a star chart and although it was different, it resembled the modern one. This put scientists at a dead end. To conclude this was a parallel universe or a jump in time would be unwise, so the next task of the first team was to explore the territory, although it was possible that minutes spent on that side would mean millions of years on this one. Who knows what temporary paradoxes conceal another dimension. In any case, another research ship and a communications station were sent to help the first team. Every two months, ships were required to communicate with the station, which passed the information on physical media through the black hole. In turn, the Almers had to constantly support the station with the energy resources necessary to activate the gate.

The exploration of space progressed slowly. At this time, on Hope, a split in the society was felt stronger and stronger. Since the days of the Empty War, the first underground organizations of Empty had appeared, pursuing their goals, with the fundamental idea of separating from the Almers and creating their own independent state. Even the elite of the society became restless. A slow and stiff struggle for power and resources started. Appearance of "alliances" began, illegal formations of the Almers of various classes, including empty ones, under the leadership of high-ranking Almers. There were quite a lot of alliances, some were destroyed, some were swallowed up, but the two largest remained the same: The Freedom Alliance, consisting of Empty under the leadership of a certain Isaac and the Almer Alliance, the largest and strongest formation supported by several Almer Council members. According to rumors, the Almer Alliance was created by the state to more effectively deal with dissidents. When the army of the Council proved powerless, the Almer Alliance often interfered with the matter, without exception acting in a barbarous manner.

The opening of the passage through the black hole quickly became public domain, which greatly strengthened the power of the state, although it did not solve the problems of the lack of resources. This, and the information about the discovery of a powerful source of arc radiation beyond the existing reality reached the Freedom Alliance. If the Council managed to find and deliver arcanium to Hope, then its power would truly be unlimited. Isaac made the decision to start preparations for the biggest sabotage in the history of the alliance.

In 9963, on the day of one of the biggest holidays, the Freedom Alliance launched their assault. First came the armed ground forces, which captured the central points on Hope. Various cargo ships of the Council were seized all over the planet by the Freedom Alliance and they declared an ultimatum - either the government signs an agreement on the equitable distribution of arcanium resources among all sections of society, or all the cruisers under the leadership of Isaac will be directed to the core of Hope, which will cause a catastrophe of unprecedented proportions and the development of the Almers during all those millennia would have been in vain. All the Council forces from all corners of the cosmos began to draw together to Hope. Trying to destroy the enemy and create a blockade around the core. At the same time, the small Almer team led by Isaac did not intend to storm the Council's forces. They captured one of the warships, on which, almost unobstructed, Isaac's team passed through the central gateway to the black hole. When the Council realized the true purpose of the Freedom Alliance, it was already too late. Isaac managed to launch a small gate into the black hole and went after it with the remaining energy in the gate.

Isaac's plan was simple - to distract the Council with a serious mess on Hope, travel through the black hole and go after the Almer research groups. After passing through the hole, it was necessary to replenish energy reserves from the communication station, as well as destroy the local gates. The gates on the other side of the hole were rigged with explosives and were to be destroyed a few seconds after the splitting of Isaac's ship. This gave the Alliance a head start of 5 years. The Council would need that much time to fly from the nearest intact gate to the black hole. The whole plan was executed perfectly and passed without a single flaw, except perhaps for the final stage. When Isaac's ship successfully left the black hole, the team found neither gate nor communication station. There were no signs of research ships. What they did detect was a miniscule trace of arcanium radiation and a trace of a Ross field somewhere far from the black hole. Discouraged by such a turn of events, Isaac decided to fly towards the arcanium, because even if they managed to find the gate, there wouldn’t be enough energy to activate it without arcanium.

After several years of flying, the radars were able to determine that the source of the arcanium was a certain object of artificial origin, likely a ship. Its appearance did not resemble any ships seen by Isaac. After much debate, it was decided to seize the object, or destroy, if it actually turned out to be a ship with serious weapons. Flying ever closer, Isaac's team received a radio signal from the unknown ship. A quick transcript showed that this may be a beacon and a request for an answer. Immediately it was decided to strike the ship with the energy gun. With an accurate hit from a single charge, it was possible to temporarily disable all electronics from even a large Council cruiser. The shot was successful, the ship stopped sending any signals and Isaac's team rushed forward. The radars didn’t show any way to dock and the Almer ship simply crashed into the other ship's cladding, after which the squad detachments supported by combat droids entered. On the ship were creatures of humanoid origin, with a fairly powerful weapon, but still seriously inferior to the Almer weaponry. The next step was to kill the crew, which turned out to be a big one. The Almer forces dispersed throughout the ship. About twenty minutes later near the main hole, where the fiercest battle was fastened, reinforcements of the humanoids managed to enter the stern of the Almer ship. The Almers attempted to turn the ship around and crash into the enemy again, but unexpectedly received a powerful missile attack unto the arcanium engines and blasted the ship to pieces. The power systems of the humanoid ship gradually came to life, although this wouldn’t help them, since almost the entire crew was killed by that time. Part of the crew scattered around the cryogenic compartments and the main elements of the ships control were captured. Soon the ship was completely under the control of Isaac's team. The data obtained from the ship's systems, known as the "Harbinger", were truly amazing. On some video recordings, their native planet was clearly visible, only in its original state. Subsequent records showed an explosion of the planet and the formation of a fragment of Hope. All this was like a jump in time, and if that's so, the humanoids that Almers met on this ship were their ancestors - Humans. Even for them, there was quite a bit of sense to return to the planet, despite the impenetrable wall of space junk that would cling to the planet the next few thousands of years, until the gravity assembled it around the cooling planetary core. Unfortunately, the Harbinger was seriously damaged and by all accounts could not have passed half the distance to Hope.

The Almers discovered huge compartments with cryogenic capsules on the ship, in which there were at least hundreds of thousands of people. Isaac´s team decided not to touch them, because they might need them at some point. All that remained was to collect the wreckage of this ship, which could be used as energy and go to the weak signal of the gates. For now, the Harbinger could still hold out. In addition, it was necessary to quickly construct cryogenic capsules from improvised materials for all Almer in the team, otherwise there was no hope for the successful passage of the black hole. Isaac also ordered to kill all participants in the "incident", as he called the boarding of the Harbinger. If these people were to be used somehow, it would be desirable to be friendly with them and not look like invaders.

After a long flight, the Almers reached the gate, still partially destroyed, but with a cursory examination it became clear that they were still capable of one or two launches. It wasn´t clear whether they could use the gate at that time, but they had to be towed towards it anyway. They only had a single attempt to break out of this universe. Isaac tried to achieve maximum acceleration, using all the energy reserves of the Harbinger and the fragments of his ship. The tests showed a good result, they managed to achieve the same speeds that were achieved in the experiments of the Council. They took the shot and went into the gate.

When the Harbinger was thrown out of the black hole, it became clear that it didn´t travel into the future, but in the dimension where the Almer research ships went. Operators from Isaac´s team reacted instantly and made a series of missile strikes at the communications station. The very exit from the black hole was overshadowed by the death of some of the Almers. Some of the constructed cryocapsules couldn´t sustain their task.

The precursor systems were already at the limit when Isaac´s team approached the gateway. They gathered data from it and found out that the Council already installed a couple more gates in a nearby area with large concentrations of arcanium. The same data showed that three military cruisers had already passed through them. It meant that not only the researchers achieved their goal. The council flew to a black hole and repaired the gate, sending reinforcements earlier than Isaac got into this dimension. Urgently charging the gate with energy from the broken communication station, Isaac´s team set out on their journey after having installed several engines on the gateway. After the departure of the Harbinger through the gate, the engines had to fire up and send the Gate into the black hole, thus fulfilling the first part of Isaac's original plan - to delay any ships of the Council.

The exit from the second gate for the dying Harbinger wasn´t the most successful to say the least. The ship formed at an angle and touched the edge of the Gate. In addition to damage to the Ross field, the formation of the Harbinger didn´t come to an end and some of the rear engines were sprayed across space. The last flight of the ark occurred with extreme overloads and was carried out only by the gravity of the planet near which the gates were installed. Miraculously, they managed to land the ship, permanently grounding it. During the descent, an automatic defrosting system for some cryogenic compartments was evoked. Isaac´s team wasn´t able to destroy all witnesses of the incident yet, but there was still a chance to do it. The defrosted capsules were in another part of the Harbinger and there couldn´t have been any witnesses. Still, to appear to the people's eyes now would be a mistake. Trying to resist such a large number of people is also not the best idea. Isaac ordered to leave the Harbinger, while setting fire in the compartment with cryogenic capsules of Almers. In addition, all records of the incident were seized, which helped to find and remove witnesses. Isaac was well aware that the Almers who lived on this planet had already reported about him and his team, but the destruction of the gate gave him about twenty-five years of time, which was required for a flight from a black hole to the planet. During this time, Isaac had to come up with a plan for how to deal with the dislodged troops of the Council, pick up arcanium and return home. To do this, it was definitely necessary to enlist the support of the humans, but first he needed to finish cleaning the witnesses of the incident. Soon it became clear that leaving the Harbinger was the right decision. Human reconnaissance patrols, who went into the depths of the planet, met with the Almer Council detachment. Battle ensued, which gave the inhabitants of the ark to understand that they were not alone on the planet and that the strange alien race was not happy with them. Isaac lost the opportunity to openly speak to humans, though the Almers quickly realized that humans are petty and selfish and they are easily lured to their side. Isaac's team gradually familiarized with the people and began to infiltrate the Harbinger, destroying witnesses and setting people up for an advantageous position in relation to the current human leaders. Isaac's plans for people were disrupted when they started mass defrosting. It was necessary to act decisively and quickly. In an instant a lot of cryocapsules were damaged, frozen people were poisoned, some newcomers were kidnapped. On the Harbinger, the regime of isolation was declared and the personnel cleansing began. The office of the Harbinger was looking for saboteurs.

The main idea promoted by Isaac and supported by various groups of people was that defrosting a large number of new people would lead to a crisis. Of course, there was enough food for everyone, but the other resources were limited. To get good weapons or armor had already become a difficult matter, but everyone needed it. Territories of people bordered the territory of the Almer Council and clashes were regular. In addition, the planet was swarming with various creatures, which were often worse than any Almer.

Such sentiments very much helped Isaac to seek supporters ready to destroy his own kind, not really thinking about the true reasons for the struggle.

Some of the people left the Harbinger in the six months after the crash and according to rumors, founded a city somewhere in the lands of the Gimblers. To reach it wasn’t easy, because of the aggressive flora and fauna. It was rumored that the city was colossal and that alien technologies had been used for its rapid construction. There was some truth in this. The city couldn’t have been built without the help of Isaac, although he and his team stayed in the shadows.

* I will continue to translate whatever information I find about the backstory of PG. If you find any mistakes in my translations, please let me know. *

Top Bottom