Black Screen/Level Loss Issue

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Danu, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Danu

Danu Rookie

I posted this in the Bug section, but unfortunately comments are closed. I wanted to talk with anyone else who had similar issues:

I played for a few hours with no problems, but while I was loading back into the Ark from outside it froze up. Didn't think anything of it because that happens fairly often, so I forced quit the game. Now every time I log back on I get a black screen. All the menu options are there, I can use the chat, and there is sometimes a vague outline of my character, but it's mostly just black. And on top of that, it now says I'm level 10, but I'm actually level 12!!

Anyone else had this issue? Or know how we can get in contact with a dev?

Attached Files:

2. Whraith

Whraith Moderator Staff Member

Happens to me all the time. The infinite loading seems to have something to do with it. Force close and open it you will eventually log in and have to redo any quests and leveling it lost.

3. MrCaesar

MrCaesar Rookie

I am having the same issue but when i log in with another character it is fine.... I hope it is fixable

4. Danu

Danu Rookie

It's not really an infinite loading screen. I've logged on and off many times now, to no avail. How often have you lost levels?

I hope so too, but it may just be part of the alpha state. I ended up making a new character and already leveled up to where I was with my other.

5. Whraith

Whraith Moderator Staff Member

Lost probably 10 or so levels due to this before I just started to log out then back in before I zone. that tends to "save" everything.

6. DaGuT

DaGuT ☁{''\༼ຈل͜ຈ༽/''}☁ Bronze Founder

When u travel, u might get kicked or dced, so always type in chat anything, if you dont see your message, relog asap, as you will be rolled back to your last connected state. Happens to me very often, hate to loose levels at 25+ and hours of farming

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Rookie

I've had this before, didn't know it was a sync issue, cheers.

8. Valerion

Valerion Rookie

i have a similar issue i see chat and all icons but black screen been trying since yesterday to log in but same thing every time other characters are unaffected any tip?

9. Jason Cline

Jason Cline Rookie

This just happened to me. I have all my HUD but only black, just a vague sillouette. i cant fix it. tried almost everything. waiting for a ticket response back.