1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Can't get past the "LOADING..." screen

Discussion in 'Site & Forum Bugs' started by h-e-d, Oct 16, 2016.

1. h-e-d

h-e-d Rookie

Bought this game today and was excited to play it... but after creating a character I can't get past the loading screen.

2. SkyHammyr

SkyHammyr Rookie

I'm having the same issue.

I've tried restarting the game client three times, no luck.

3. Choptimist

Choptimist Wanderer Founder

It's teh DNS adresses issue (one of versions at least) try to make DNS servers in ur connection look like Google ones : 8.8.8.8 and seek for results. In case if you've failed - seek the answer on a forums or steam comms

4. Sparzy

Sparzy Rookie

Everyones got the same problem today, i've tried about 12 times to get in and i get stuck every time.

5. SOLREAPER

SOLREAPER Rookie Golden Founder

Me too cant log in to US server, no toons and only an exit button...

6. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

Hi guys,
    If you get the login screen but no characters, and only the "Exit" button, there can be a few different causes - most of the time, the game "eventually" (after a couple of minutes) catches up, and draws in the characters. However, you may see a yellow/orange message flash at the top center of the screen, with a message in your local language, similar to "Authentication Failed". If this is the case, then the usual cause is a break in the communication between Steam and the Genom servers - a DNS issue, or a dead hamster in need of replacement at one end or the other.
    Basically, there is not a lot you can do about it other than to raise a Support Ticket through the site here, or post a message on the forums (as you have done) to try and catch the attention of a moderator.
    In some other cases, alt+tabbing out to the desktop and doing something else for a minute or two can help, but I have no idea if that delay just allows whatever gremlins are in the system/network to play themselves out, or if the switch to background processing for the UE4 process jogs something loose.