1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Cant get past unreal engine animation and cant interact with game help!

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by alpha_wolf8, Oct 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. alpha_wolf8

alpha_wolf8 Rookie

Hi when i start up pg it plays the unreal engine animation then goes black and cant even bring up the steam overlay! help plz:)
    My graphics card is geforce gtx 950 if tht helps

2. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

If you have an Oculus rift either unplug it or go into task manager and kill the two oculus tasks. If you dont have an oculus, sorry personally can't help you. Keep looking!

3. lightpyro

lightpyro Wanderer Golden Founder

Hi i dont if you have already been checkin if you have the newest drivers for your card.. But do this :

1. check your drivers for your card for new drivers if that did not helps
    REMEMBER RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER INSTALL NEW DRIVERS

2. then check if your card are somehow damage.
    you can check it by other games some use unreal engine or other games like this, and if you are lucky some have friend some have a card some are not older than yours. Ask him to borrow you the card to check if your card is damage if you get the same problem with that card also. Note this :: Try restart steam sometimes that can help also on some games.

3. If that did not help you any of it then check other parts of your computer some can be damage.
    Like prosessor, memory cards and harddrive, Reason is some games need more that another games even is a new game..

4. You can also uninstall the card driver also before you install updates, and Unplug other stuff from USB and if you have Mount some ISO image go on theme and Eject theme all.. then try to run the game you might need to restart your computer after removed some stuff from your computer to make sure your computer have registerd that you have removed things... do it 1 by 1 then you will see that was the problem so you can solve it faster next time..

4. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

When I get stuck on the black screen after the UE4 initialisation animations, I usually find that Alt + Tabbing out to something, anything, else, and letting it do its thing for a couple of minutes helps.
    Speculating a bit here, but I think that if PG is the foreground task, there is a resource request of some kind that is not being answered before the request timeout, and that the request has no subsequent fallback or failure processing option. Switching PG to a background task by bringing something else forward means that the request is parked before it times out, and as the system cycles through the various background tasks it eventually gets to the hanging request, which can either sit waiting for a millisecond if the requested resource is still not free, or it can proceed if the resource's access handle has now been granted for the requesting process to pick up.