Character Names

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by MickeyDankMouse, Oct 31, 2016.

1. MickeyDankMouse

MickeyDankMouse Rookie Golden Avalonian

I absolutely love this game and I ended up buying the Gold Avalon pack on Steam..One of my main concerns though is if we are able to keep our character names from Alpha when the games gets fully released. It would really upset me if all the names got wiped and someone happened to take my username before me. It would be awesome if someone can confirm that we do get to keep our character's names forever!! Thanks.

2. HardV

HardV Rookie

Don't know about names but from what I understand the devs will do their best to maintain our characters all the way through release. So you may not have to worry about that at all.

Of course it is still possible that there may be a wipe, but they have said that they want to avoid this.

3. Fairdwin

Fairdwin Rookie Silver Avalonian

Well, thats good to know HardV, but I agree with MickeyDankMouse, there is much in a name. They are important and hold great meaning for us. So, if any Devs/Mods/or such read this: PLEASE give us a sign.

Cheers!

4. SpeedyBullet

SpeedyBullet Rookie Golden Founder

Yea would be nice to know this :)

5. Charles Zi Britannia

Charles Zi Britannia Rookie

I suspect if they are not planing to wipe, then they likely don't have a system for name retention.

6. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

The devs are not planning to wipe between now and release, but they cannot say that they will not do so. Similarly, there is no mechanism for name retention, other than the player getting in asap after any subsequent wipe and reclaiming their name.

7. MickeyDankMouse

MickeyDankMouse Rookie Golden Avalonian

I'm sure the Devs could create some sort of database that retained all the characters and their names so if there is a wipe, everyone's stats would reset but their character names would still be there! If I knew that something like that existed for Project Genom...I would be sooooo happy!

8. Kaori

Kaori Inquisitive Golden Founder

Yes this is possible, it's just a question of man hours and software/programming versus is it worth the effort for ~23k players, some of whom will not be returning to the game.

9. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

Well the developers don't want to do any wipes, no wipes are planned either, so I say yea we keep them.

10. Deimos

Deimos Inquisitive Golden Founder

Lets hope for no wipes. It could be as simple as adding a input box to reserve character names if they do wipe characters.