1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Confused About Payment Model.

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by deusex2, Oct 30, 2015.

1. deusex2

deusex2 Rookie

Ok, I have to admit, I'm a bit confused here, after seeing pre-orders and reward tiers.

So is this game buy2play, or free2play?

2. Sir CrossBorn

Sir CrossBorn Community Manager, English Forum Staff Member

Right now the only way to gain access is to purchase a founders pack or be invited as a Tester. These packs do not give any pay2win benefits and are mainly cosmetic items, and most of the items in the packs are not in the game yet and will be available as the game is updated etc.

The income generated from the founders packs is being used to develop the game as it is an Indie company making it and they have no financial backing (which is honestly a good thing, no big game company telling them how to do things and when to release even if its not ready just to make profits).

The game currently is in its early Alpha test stage, so you are helping fund the development of the game and bewcoming an Alpha tester to play and report bugs and help make the game great.
    Honestly the game in its current state is way more developed and polished than so many crap games out there that are in actual release. Yes it has bugs and some issues but thats why its in alpha ;)

Once the game releases it is my understanding (and I may be wrong a bit) that the game will be free2play, with a premium shop with cosmetic type items only that do not affect gameplay other than maybe XP/credit boosts and so forth.

3. deusex2

deusex2 Rookie

Oh, ok, so it is f2p. It's just that I've been under impression that the title was going to be buy2play, and than I saw premium currency among reward tiers and got freaked out since b2p+premium currency never bode well.

4. deusex2

deusex2 Rookie

Ok, I'm still confused as hell! Am I buying into alpha-test with those founders packs and the game is going to be f2p?

Or is it buy2play, after all, and I'm buying early access game? Because packs state that I'm actually buying digital copy of the game?

And if it's digital copy of the game and the game is b2p, why is there a premium currency, in a b2p game?

And why does starter basic tier(18$) only has 10$ worth of premium currency,when all others have the equivalent of their price?

5. Batroel

Batroel Space bear! Golden Founder

It's very easy, the game will be f2p but if you want to help supporting the game and also play the alpha you can buy a founder pack and depending on the pack you will get more or less rewards.

6. deusex2

deusex2 Rookie

Ok, so it is f2p! Then I'm not actually buying the game, so much as access to alpha/beta test. I see, thanks.

The devs should probably remove "digital copy of the game," part out of pack description, as it kinda confuses people.