1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Considering contributing

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Deacon, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Deacon

Deacon Rookie

but first a couple questions ...

Is the golden founder packs still available? if so, for how long ?

is the only pvp in arena style instances?

will there be housing ? is the spaceship you build, a house/guildhall of sorts ?

any links to crafting and resource gathering videos or explanations ?

Thanks
    Deacon

2. NewbieGummi

NewbieGummi Firestarter Founder

Yes.
    Until the early access on Steam.
    Yes.
    Yes, there will be spaceship to build with your clan and maybe there will be space clan stations. I don't know about the terrain clan halls.
    All we have are some screenshots on forum for craft and experience in-game for the resource gathering. Resources are gained through gathering around the planet and mobs.

Deacon likes this.
  3. Graham

Graham Rookie Silver Founder

I'm interested to identify if there is any plan for open world pvp in the future? Clan/guild war mechanic etc
    --- Jan 9, 2016 ---
    I decided to buy the founders pack, the silver is 20% off and appears to be the best bang for buck by a long way!

4. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

I hope you like it!

It's still pretty early, but it looks like it will be good to me.

5. Skerrick

Skerrick Cobber Silver Founder

I took the plunge and bought a Founders pack, very happy.

I wanted the Gold but it was a bit pricey. The Silver looked like good value to me.

I want this game to grow and grow until it becomes scary huge and we contemplate killing it with fire, but instead we just add more fuel :)

I look forward to the future of Project Genom.

6. Eirewolf

Eirewolf Rookie Golden Founder

I have looked into this game and see a lot of great potential. I purchased the gold pack in hopes to see this game grow, and have already posted on my facebook about it for my friends to take notice.

I am very happy to see that pvp is separated from the pve content in arenas and not forced on me like many other games, this was a large part of my investing to the game.

I even see a lot of roleplay potential, which is just fantastic.

7. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

I feel the same way about PvE and PvP separation - and the role play aspect.

They are doing a great job of making us feel like we are part of the game (in RPG type way) even just in these very early stages.
    --- Jan 10, 2016 ---
    We have a thread on 'Good Things' (although there are lots of good things in other threads, of course):

https://pgenom.com/community/threads/good-things.481/#post-11736
    --- Jan 10, 2016 ---
    I do not do true Role Play in games (chat "in character" etc.), but I do feel it is extremely important in games like Genom that the world is immersive and the game aesthetics, story and mechanics all mesh well to make it a seamless whole.

This for me means that enemy spawns make sense (no enemies popping up over and over on a timer in the same spot), quests make sense (like Genom is doing now - go to the med bay to examine the bloody watch etc.) and the like.

All of these things are what make Role Play work in a game.

I don't think I have ever seen Role Play make any game worse! Ever...

I hope that Genom has this kind of world and story woven together.

MolliMayhem and Eirewolf like this.
  8. Deacon

Deacon Rookie

Actually, I've seen too many time where jerks cause trouble, knowing they can't be delt with because you can't kill/remove them from your gameplay. So this is why I think I'll hold off on this one for now. So this time, the knife cuts the other way :/

9. Eirewolf

Eirewolf Rookie Golden Founder

Jerks causing trouble should be reported and dealt with. A good community also will not put up with such behavior. As someone who plays healers in all mmo's, I wont heal jerks. From what I've seen, a full pvp environment is far more toxic, as there is no choice for those who aren't interested in combating other players.

MolliMayhem likes this.