• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Cover system and Ranged AI.

Was wondering if there were any Plans for a cover system (maybe something like Mass Effect Andromeda) something to make fire fights more lively other than keeping out of the AI's range of target, they seem to run pretty close before firing not really utilizing the range of their weapons

(I AM FULLY AWARE THAT THIS IS ALPHA)

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
You won’t «glue» to cover, if that is what you meant, that's for sure. AI behavior patterns will be tuned as well.

Thats unfortunate, the game takes alot of inspiration from mass effect i was hoping it'd take the cover system to some degree. the new mass effects cover system is great contextualized system, really enjoying it. was hoping for a more tactical game play than a run and gun firefall style

OctoberNight

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
Sticky cover system limits open world creativity because you have to always insure everywhere there would be combat there would be sticky cover for you to stick to. I would much rather go with out sticky cover so the devs don't have to be tied down by the requirement to have sticky cover in every place there could possibly be combat.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
Sticky cover system limits open world creativity because you have to always insure everywhere there would be combat there would be sticky cover for you to stick to. I would much rather go with out sticky cover so the devs don't have to be tied down by the requirement to have sticky cover in every place there could possibly be combat.
Never heard of the "sticky" cover system, I will have to do research about this.

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
Never heard of the "sticky" cover system, I will have to do research about this.
Have you by any chance ever played Gears of War? That was one of the games that made sticky cover popular. What it basically means is that player characters will use cover when they're near it and the player directs them towards it (causing them to use the cover). You can come out of cover by trying to walk away from it or using another button to climb over it.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
Have you by any chance ever played Gears of War? That was one of the games that made sticky cover popular. What it basically means is that player characters will use cover when they're near it and the player directs them towards it (causing them to use the cover). You can come out of cover by trying to walk away from it or using another button to climb over it.
No I have never played that game, I do however own it, just never got around to play it.

OctoberNight

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
I do like the sticky cover system it works well in games that have a place for it. I just don't think project genom is a game that would work well with a sticky cover systems.

caino666

Raider
Gold Avalon
I wouldn't mind if the AI could make use of cover, though.

I'd also like a repeatable, infinitely progressing point defense style minigame somewhere, since I enjoy that sort of stuff. A system of taking cover for friendly NPCs would help them to survive in that style of game.

The only thing I'd like to see if AI took cover is that they still be slightly exposed, except when reloading, with elite stealth focused enemies and dirty fighting raiders being the only ones who can take full cover.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
I wouldn't mind if the AI could make use of cover, though.

I'd also like a repeatable, infinitely progressing point defense style minigame somewhere, since I enjoy that sort of stuff. A system of taking cover for friendly NPCs would help them to survive in that style of game.

The only thing I'd like to see if AI took cover is that they still be slightly exposed, except when reloading, with elite stealth focused enemies and dirty fighting raiders being the only ones who can take full cover.
This could be an interesting concept, might be something to see later on in the future :)

Top Bottom