• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Customization and Syndicate Cloak?

Emouchet

Raider
Gold Avalon
I'd like to make one suggestion regarding the customization of our characters :
what I'd really like to see is the possibility to add some pieces of cloth like Cloak or Loincloth, with the option to make it visible or not.
And if we're part of a Syndicate, the possibility to see the Syndicate Logo on it.

It could be something like this:

What do you think about this?

Snipperhoofd

Alien Scientist
Gold Founder
I'm sorry to say that I'm against this. I'll explain why.

It doesn't fit the high-tech setting of the game, especially combined with bullet-proof armor. Some form of high-tech customisation would fit much better (e.g. an array of floating displays clustered around one or more body parts). Such high-tech "extensions" could serve as a shield, whereas the cloth would be shredded by bullets/monsters. Furthermore, if look at it from a realistic point of view, the cloth could get you stuck on branches or make you easier to grab by monsters. To make it even worse, I think that the loincloth represents a false form of censorship of the crotch in this case. The armor already covers the crotch, so why cover it even more.

Dragux

Inquisitive
For the everyday armor, i don't think so, maybe in social areas where you can wear your banner proud possibly, out in combat i wouldn't see a place for it short of an emblem on your arm/leg etc.

as for mechs / augmented / bio weapons maybe you could see spray painted or color designs as well as branding to show your syndicate.

edit: on another note, it could be holograms and wouldn't catch there snipperhoofd. (they have plenty of holograms in the ark)

svindler

Resident Of Avalon
Silver Founder
Hologram, projected from the 'genom' thingy at the back of the character / armor? It could be a banner, a flag, a circle a lot of possibilities :)

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
This idea kind of reminds of Warframe, they had something similar for their characters.

Top Bottom