Damage type suggestion-Fourth Damage type Biological

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aliasofall, Dec 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Aliasofall

Aliasofall Rookie

Essentially this damage type is to bypass heavy shielded enemies and attack the armor/health of the enemy target. This is also for wildlife that for example spits acid or uses some kind of venom the other is the covers that I wouldn't doubt they will have an offensive de buff form of the mutant cover we get later on.I'll explain why this is a pro and con; the pros to it is that its effective against organic enemies and can by pass shield to get at the health or armor which will probably have people who focus shields to occur in the game later on making heavier armor like mechs and actual heavier armor a good thing.Cons are that it would be ineffective towards machines/mechanized units ex. the alien completely automated tanks and sentry turrets along with that the disease idea they are cooking up perhaps some anti venom crafting as well to add a little more to worry about in pve. Pvp wise it adds a little variety to the fights as well adds a little more to the already unique game and perhaps getting unique venom from wildlife can add a little extra to weapon/consumable crafting to the mix as well. Again this suggestion may be a bit overboard but its only a suggestion if anyone has any ideas on it,wants to add to it, or simply wants to discuss it feel free.

2. Deorg

Deorg Мерсские фореве Golden Founder

In general, an interesting idea, but i think, damage must be viral, not poison or acid )

3. Sir CrossBorn

Sir CrossBorn Community Manager, English Forum Staff Member

There has been discussion of being able to take items/parts from the creatures and add it to say a weapon to create a new damage type somewhat along the lines of what your talking about here. They said they liked the idea but I do not know if they will for sure implement it or not.
    Keep up the suggestions though the Devs are listening! (y)

4. Aliasofall

Aliasofall Rookie

Nice was wondering if they had plans for more damage types and love to hear that makes posting ideas fun.

5. Cavadus

Cavadus Inquisitive Silver Founder

Tabula Rasa had a pretty dope damage type system with crit effects.

Damage type

6. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

I would love to see this implemented in the future.

it would give us good incentive to do more hunting of different varieties of creatures in the Open World. It would improve on the already great concept of having different instances of the 'same' (in quotes) weapon or armor piece having different stats somewhat different from the base item and making different items unique to how each player made them.

I am very excited by having the Open World yield different rewards for killing different creatures and/or finding different items which we can then combine in various ways to create our own unique items by the fact that the resources we combine vary from one to the next.

This 'organic damage' would be a great example of that for weapons when we craft them or mod an existing weapon (in future as we can do more along these lines).

i totally agree. I really loved that game. They were one of the first to have enemies spawn in smart ways that blended into the ethos of the game world and game design. The troops would come into the world from drop ships or the equivalent, the spider creatures would drop from the trees... There were many nice things in that game.