• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Developer’s blog 4

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
God, I NEED some fresh air!! I 'm in gaming purgatory!!! help!!!
CM promised to make a vid with some «fresh air» footage before the end of the month, so expect to see it soon-ish (must be this weekend, right? :) )
Here is the vid (its kind of informal one, unofficial):
I hope to make some translation for you guys later today

Last edited by a moderator:

MolliMayhem

Resident Of Avalon
Bronze Founder
Looks really interesting! Nice animations..love the shooting over the shoulder. The skill "tree" is very cool too. Looking forward to the translation. :)

It still looks to me like the reticle marker is always in the dead center of the screen whether the weapon is in the holster or not.

When the weapon is drawn out of the holster, the reticle remains in the center of the screen and does not track where the character is looking and pointing his weapon.

This is a problem because when the character is looking and aiming his weapon in the virtual world it does not match where the reticle marker is because it is fixed in the center of the screen.

The character will be on screen with his weapon drawn and actively sighting down the weapon in the 3rd person view and clearly looking and aiming on a point which is not the center of the screen - yet the aim point/reticle remains dead center on screen.

There needs to be a fix to this so that the aim point is always where the weapon is aimed not just fixed in the dead center of the screen, or if it remains in the center of the screen, then the character must in the virtual game world be looking and sighting the weapon to that point. Either fix works. The aim point must match where the character is aiming one way or another.

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
It still looks to me like the reticle marker is always in the dead center of the screen whether the weapon is in the holster or not.

When the weapon is drawn out of the holster, the reticle remains in the center of the screen and does not track where the character is looking and pointing his weapon.

This is a problem because when the character is looking and aiming his weapon in the virtual world it does not match where the reticle marker is because it is fixed in the center of the screen.

The character will be on screen with his weapon drawn and actively sighting down the weapon in the 3rd person view and clearly looking and aiming on a point which is not the center of the screen - yet the aim point/reticle remains dead center on screen.

There needs to be a fix to this so that the aim point is always where the weapon is aimed not just fixed in the dead center of the screen, or if it remains in the center of the screen, then the character must in the virtual game world be looking and sighting the weapon to that point. Either fix works. The aim point must match where the character is aiming one way or another.
CM just answered that this is temporary, no worries. Will be fixed sometime in the future.

That is good to hear!

It looks nice that the skill trees let you have many options to move forward in different paths that are complementary to one another and synergistic.

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
three big notes

1) this vid is unofficial
2) big update won't be out right now (estimated time is hopefully May)
3) early access on Steam is shifting from May to this fall (but not September 1st)
reasons are we wanted to make some features before that, like for example:

- complete progression system
- complete craft system
- 50-60% of syndicates functionality,
- wider locations
- dungeons
- basic character customization
- complete chat functionality (internation chat, tabs and etc.)
- complete groups functionality
- 6 types of weapons
- basic special equipment
- basic vehicles
- early PvP prototype

And as you can see its a lot of features. The goal is to make current game prototype much more interesting for current and new players as well. So, sadly, we won't complete these in May

Estimated time is the middle of the summer but summer is kind dead season for releases, so we won't release it this summer. So you may expect to see Steam Early Access release some time this fall

NorthernHermit

Inquisitive
Gamer
ARK: Survival Evolved early access came available at june 2015 and week sale was over 200 thousand copies and after year it have now over 3 million sold copies, trust me its not dead season anymore because BDO did let down over 200 thousand american and european mmo players you might get those to buy this at june :) So please dont make EA when WoW Legion have release, people want new MMO way before fall...

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
ARK: Survival Evolved early access came available at june 2015 and week sale was over 200 thousand copies and after year it have now over 3 million sold copies, trust me its not dead season anymore because BDO did let down over 200 thousand american and european mmo players you might get those to buy this at june :) So please dont make EA when WoW Legion have release, people want new MMO way before fall...
well, I didn’t post some details on that «dead season» thing, devs think they can accomplish all they want for early access version on like middle of August, more like end of the August, so they decided to rather polish all systems and release Early Access autumn

they decided to rather polish all systems and release Early Access autumn
I consider this the best case scenario. Early access games that aren't polished enough get so many negative votes early on their reputation might never recover despite getting quality updates (case in point: ESO). It's especially true for MMOs as they feature a centralized persistent world, whereas in survival types the community is more used to "hey, this is early access, so better get used to getting wiped again" with the inherently lower time investment.

Thank you for the English subtitles.

The skill tree with the common weapon points and points specific to each weapon is even better than how I thought it was trying to figure it out just from the graphics (where points seemed to be just one kind of point in each tree). I didn't get that without the subtitled text.

I have no problem with the timeline flexibility. I think everyone should appreciate that doing things for the long term and getting the Steam Launch to go well is more important than short term.

How will the coming update for the current version relate to the Steam Launch version in the fall? Will we be seeing everything added slowly over the summer in updates so that the 'Launch' version in the Fall will be close to what we (Founders) will have been playing over the coming months?

Also - will there be some kind of separate Public Test Server type of build planned in parallel with the Steam version either pre or post Steam Launch in Fall?

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
How will the coming update for the current version relate to the Steam Launch version in the fall? Will we be seeing everything added slowly over the summer in updates so that the 'Launch' version in the Fall will be close to what we (Founders) will have been playing over the coming months?

Also - will there be some kind of separate Public Test Server type of build planned in parallel with the Steam version either pre or post Steam Launch in Fall?
To my knowledge - few updates throughout the summer, slowly adding features
No words about PTS kind of thing, except that it is planned to be

MolliMayhem

Resident Of Avalon
Bronze Founder
Thanks for all the great information.

I would like to say though, DO NOT get involved with any publishers if you can stay away from them!!! (Especially Chinese ones!) Just look at what happened to Firefall (and other games). It's great you don't want to talk to them until you are more "finished" with the game, but PLEASE do not deal with publishers if you can avoid it!! Retain ALL development control of the game and also you don't need to have a publisher pushing you to a deadline you aren't ready to meet.

If there is any way at all to market your own game and make money from it avoid publishers altogether. Most of them tend to ruin the games they take over imo.

Top Bottom