• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Different sites about Project Genom. Preview

The 3rd-strike reviewer seems to have played, but they do not quite seem to understand what an Alpha build means!

Most of their negative points seem simply because of the early state of Genom. I wish they had mentioned that rather than complaining.

The other one is so short, it is not really clear if they played much at all. :(

grisidlis

Inquisitive
I watch the video and like how they gave it 10/10 rating but I don't see them endorsing the game more.

Vesta

Staff member
I watch the video and like how they gave it 10/10 rating but I don't see them endorsing the game more.
I hope after update people will be able to see what new is at the game now and it will be intereting to hear their opinion again.

Spagex

Inquisitive
A lot of reviewers seem to be unaware that an Alpha game is bound to have few bugs and problems. Nice of you to list them here tho!

Deimos

Wanderer
Thats the same argument I use. Alpha games are snapshots of a entire painting that requires finesse of a visionary to complete, or:

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
Now a days, people think alpha is full release, makes me wonder what they think about full release...."oh its alpha, we is smart"

Scraggles

Inquisitive
The op's link showed a nice demo with what I thought was in the game, so lots of rideable mechs (not yet), resource thumping machines (not yet), creating / crafting (not yet), flying machines (not yet), build your own spaceship (not yet), fight dangerous creatures (yes), flying space ships and space stations (not yet)

Second link mentions swords and glaives (not yet), special equipment in the form of huge robots, exoskeletons with unique weapons, or mutate beyond recognition while acquiring new abilities (not yet)

Ought to have an alpha video showing what is available and the intended release video, not telling new people that all of the above is here and working in the game by showing the first video :(

Deimos

Wanderer
As mentioned, it works in the developer tools, just needs time to be coded into the main game. Main focus is network stability.

Goliath00

Inquisitive
Well to tell you the truth, it would not be a problem, if you think that it can be implemented in a couple of years, but to think that it is an EA would not be a problem, if it were not really so green, not to mention performance, which is personally unplayable . Adding everything I regret having invested my money in this game.

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
Well, I think you should read what you pay for before you actually pay...

Goliath00

Inquisitive
I do not want to prolong the discussion, I just want to say that I am very dissatisfied, because it was not what I expected, I respect the opinion that others have of the game, it is my personal opinion, adding that I am not very demanding in this kind of thing .

Top Bottom