Double Loading Screen when changing area

Discussion in 'Site & Forum Bugs' started by vincor, Nov 17, 2016.

1. vincor

vincor Rookie

Now this is a very terrible flaw that the game has and the developers found this tolerating and accomodating.
    When players exit to a cave, the user stucked at the loading screen for ages.
    The next thing is, i tried to log out and retry loggin back.
    It got me into the character screen and then logged into outside of ark main gate.
    Now, the next thing is going to shock you. Another loading screen kicks in and there you go, stuck in cave forever.
    You can press Q and hear your gun reloading and fire repeatedly but you are forever stucked in the loading screen.

If the developers are not interested in fixing such problems, please do not sell a silver or gold dlc on steam.
    The team who develop and sell this game should expect responsibility in fixing such a terrible flaw.

I wished to request a refund on my dlc silver pack and i'll straight away delete this game for god sake.
    I've never seen such a terrible game made which the developers are selling premium packages.
    This is officially scam and ripoff.

2. strider6000

strider6000 Rookie

Hi Vincor,

This sounds similar to a bug I had. It maybe just luck but I couldn't see my character so I typed /unstuck and it fixed it. Maybe this will work.

Just my 2 cent.

3. vincor

vincor Rookie

i've tried and for few hours, i'm still at the loading screen.
    My char has officially been blackholed. There's no support on this and this is the worst thing i've seen about a game with no gm support or a ticket to lodge at.
    --- Nov 17, 2016 ---
    This is seriously stupid and dumb. How can a char been blackhole when you transported into another zone.
    And no gm support on this one. **** this one.

4. strider6000

strider6000 Rookie

If you have tried all the various tricks to try and get it working,

*Restarting Client.
    *Restarting PC > Client.
    */unstuck
    *Checking files are not corrupt in steam.
    *Uninstall/Reinstall game.

Then I suggest submitting a ticket via "Support Ticket" above.
    In this build of alpha there are no in game tools for GMs or Helpers to use to get your character moved.
    This will need to be done by the Devs at there end.
    The quicker you send in your ticket then the quicker they will get around to you.

Sorry I can not be of more help.

5. vincor

vincor Rookie

I've submitted a report.
    I've also uploaded the video.
    Check out the video and you can see that i can still fire my infinity assault rifle too.
    This is the worse game that made me upload my first youtube video.

6. strider6000

strider6000 Rookie

I am glad to read you have submitted your ticket.

Hope to see back in the game soon.

7. vincor

vincor Rookie

BlackHoled again!. I can't even zone into the slider's cave. What's wrong with this game.

8. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

you need to realize that they are working to fix these problems, working on updating the engine and releasing a new patch eventually with these fixes, you act like they knew about this bug, they didn't. It is Alpha anyways, there is going to be problems...I don't understand why people get bent out of shape when bugs are expected to happen during development..We are to TEST, and play, not just play and expect a non bugged game. You only call it a ripoff because you are one of those that have high expectations for the developers making the game(s). I would love to see you try and make a game even close to this, lets see if your still saying it's "terrible" then, and lets see if your thinking process is still the same as well..For a small group of developers, this is actually amazing.

9. madadd

madadd Rookie

I am also suffering from this issue, I managed to fix it once, by moving the character (as best I could) to what I think was the way out of the cave, and onto a different loading screen that when I exited and loaded the character up again put me back out by the riaders... that said its not working now and my character is still stuck!! :S

might be worth a go for you though??

10. DeadSkullzJr

keep in mind the devs have to go through numerous tickets daily, so they are trying their best to fix all the issues people are having, they are working on updating stuff and bug fixing so they are hard at work at the moment.
    --- Nov 18, 2016 ---
    You did something wrong so karma is messing with you maybe? lol
    --- Nov 18, 2016 ---
    "This is the worse game that made me upload my first youtube video."

kids......when life gives them lemons, they don't make lemonade, instead they throw them all over the place and scream at the top of their lungs when something goes wrong....facepalm

Kaori likes this.
  11. vincor

vincor Rookie

Yea, you can talk like a preacher. I seriously hoped that the infinite loading screen hits you and made you stuck in game for twice in hours. We'll look if you could speak that calm.

12. DeadSkullzJr

dude I have gotten stuck three times, on multiple loading screens, and the quad has gotten me stuck so many times I have lost track, big deal man, it happens, it's called TESTING for a reason. Go get a dictionary and look up the word Test and Alpha, better yet look it up on google.

13. madadd

madadd Rookie

Im well aware its an alpha, just as I am that there is tonnes and tonnes of work to go into a new game title.

fully support the devs of this game and enjoying it so far, though it is a tad frustrating when it happens, haha.
    I have logged a ticket for this and starting up a second character just in case.

so far I have nothing but praise for the game, when finished it should be very good! :)

14. DeadSkullzJr

Doesn't matter if you got stuck on a loading screen, you cannot bash the developers when they specifically said this was in development, which gives the obvious indication that there will be bugs that lurk in the shadows of the game. Just send a support ticket, without the negative remarks, and the trash talk, and wait patiently. Maybe life is trying to teach you how to be patient.

15. vincor

vincor Rookie

You can't blame me for bashing the developers because i've encountered similar problems in games that didn't survive long enough. It started out with swanky ideas and promising updates . It later turn out to be a nightmare and the developers later scrap the game because they're out of numbers to put those swanky ideas into action.
    One example is hellgate london. The forum was flooded with hostile game fans of hellgate london players. They chided and protected the game's reputation by engaging negative comments. These game fans also ridicule players who faced major flaws in the game and the developers + moderators were quiet about this by enjoying how the game fans helps to ward off angry players. In the end, the game community shrunk and the game quickly went dead.

You can call me a jerk or a kid. But you'll be grateful to folks like me eventually because we raise tickets and do everything we could to get the attentions of the developers when any problems hit us. This keeps the developers in check that the game must not have such flaws. Without people like me, the game will continue to develop in a way that the developers continue to be dodgy over what needs to be focus on. No complaints, no improvement. I do not need to spare a thought for the feelings of how a game is created.

When you work in life, your customers/clients are not interested in knowing why you cannot deliver your job on time. You fail to meet their expectation and wasted their time, they'll hire someone else to work on the job. A complaint is always a gentle reminder about things have gone off track. Do not think that everyone loves to complaint and whine for fun. I do not get a reward or achievement for writing this out here. I'm merely frustrating and hope to get the developers to notice that at such rate, the game is critically in need of attention.

16. DeadSkullzJr

the point is you expect them to just put everyone else on hold just to fix your issue. It doesn't work like that, and second off, you judge a book by its cover, with past experience, ok yea there are games that fail, but see that's your mistake, this is a new game, a new start with a new game, different developers, and there is communication. Have a little hope in these guys, give them a chance, not all developers are dumb you know. "These game fans also ridicule players who faced major flaws in the game and the developers + moderators were quiet about this by enjoying how the game fans helps to ward off angry players. In the end, the game community shrunk and the game quickly went dead." the developers and moderators aren't watching or enjoying anything like that. Look I know what it's like to play games with a crappy community, crappy developers, and I also know what it's like to be a moderator. It is sad that you think so low of the staff in that way, you barely know them, you are basically saying "Yep I don't know any of the devs very well, they are dumb".

You forget that us players like me also get problems, some very bad ones, and some not so bad. See here is the issue, you weren't around long enough to see the activity of these developers. You joined November 6th, 12 days ago, that's definitely not enough time for a full evaluation of the game, the developers, or the community. I saw a video recently about another player whining about the game being a ripoff because he based the game off of one trailer video on steam..Didn't bother to read everything about the game and instead assumed, hell he complained about the graphics, "not looking great", when he didn't even make it out of the tutorial of the game. He to made an evaluation such as "ripoff" only 5 days after purchasing the game..

I have submitted quite a few tickets, mostly for getting stuck for a few hours or so, or because I found a major flaw in the game that was game breaking a bit which of course got fixed in the next patch. The developers right at this moment are working on updating the engine, reworking the netcode (basically reworking the server) so it can handle mass populations of players as well as fixing loading bugs such as this one, and they are working on other bug fixes and content patches. No I am not saying this as a support comeback, it is literally the truth, even the Helpers of the game can confirm this. They are just a small group, they have two hands each not four, they have one brain each not two, cut them some slack a bit because they really are doing their best, especially since they read so many tickets daily, and try to fix these ASAP.

17. vincor

vincor Rookie

i joined this forum 12 days ago but i played on steam like 19 days ago. Like i say, the previous game i had bad experiences before were also running with a very small team. I might not know the moderators or staff of the game i mentioned but i know the culture of those SEA servers. The game fans were none other than close friends of the game's staff. I did not make these up because it turn out to be their friends when quite many players actually reveal these game fan's identity.
    Well i've managed to log into the game once more without a support help from the gm or developer's aid.
    I had to spam /unstuck when i got into the first loading screen. Spamming /unstuck when my char loads into the 2nd loading screen, it'll not work.
    At the current stage, some of my quests are no longer doable. The ones involves visiting the silder's cave.
    The minute i runs into the slider's cave, my char gets blackholed and swallows up by the server.
    I'm speechless over how the game actually gets you stuck in these problems.
    It has spoil my interest into the game. I'll take a look at the game after 2-3 days. No changes , i'll request a refund from steam.
    The game is far from even stable to be playable. A game with colorful and wide promising ideas but instable gameplay experiences will leads to disaster eventually.

18. DeadSkullzJr

I can tell you this now, the moderators and the helpers are not friends with the developers, both are two different groups of people, I talk to the mods and the helpers, and none of them communicate with them as friends or anything. They aren't friends with me either at least I don't think anyways, can't speak for them, even so, I live in the USA, they are way out in Russia. Russian and English languages would confuse both of us lol. I communicate with well over 200+ people on the Discord server made for the game, none of which have any relations or bonds with the developers either. I've asked multiple times, nothing. "Well i've managed to log into the game once more without a support help from the gm or developer's aid." again they are working at the core of the problem so it will be fixed for all instead of individually. You can do slider cave just don't log out in it, I just tested and I didn't get bugged. So maybe it was just something you stood on.
    --- Nov 18, 2016 ---
    Where there is good, there will always be bad, and vise versa, no game is perfect, nor should it ever be perfect, if it was perfect then where would the fun be at, see you have your bad bugs and you have your funny bugs. Realize that these bugs also take a part in creating memories with games that we enjoy. Most would think "your crazy" but see that's what gives us a unique memory from the rest of the community. Good or bad, big or small, that doesn't mean the game will die because of it. Sometimes things go unnoticed upon release to the public, it happens, no reason to fuss or fight about it. The fun part about playing in early development is that we get to test these bugs, not supposed to exploit them but still.

Few patches ago the quad was still fairly new, the control for it though was really bad, but it created funny memories for us all, how? Yea some people got stuck and had to have a developer move them manually, but it was fun to use because you could fly like super man with those lol, drive off a ramp and hit a wall and bounce like crazy, doing all these flips and what not, its funnier when someone else sees it happening. Great example of a good and a bad bug, game breaking somewhat, and funny at the same time. Your loading screen issue, don't look at it so bad, make a joke out of it, maybe try playing the game blind, great challenge and it can be funny, more funny to those watching you walk into a wall endlessly lol. Make a joke that people can laugh at, one that even you could laugh at, we laugh at older problems later on in the game. "Hey Steve, remember when this happened in the game, it was hilarious!", "Man I remember getting stuck, it was bad but hey I came out alive in one peace, I survived!". This game has come a very long way from its very first release...which was back in 2015.