• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Environmental Hazards?

Cavadus

Inquisitive
We discussed this a bit in Discord last night but will there be any areas in Genom that are environmentally hazardous? Toxic atmosphere or ground water, intense radiation, et cetera?

And, if so, will these areas require special equipment to navigate (rebreathers, sealed suits, even vehicles)?

I was little inspired playing Mass Effect: Andromeda on the planet Elaaden. Basically, the water there is incredibly acidic and hazardous to touch.

Would also love to see some radiation issues, whether man made like energy generation device leakage, or natural like intense solar radiation or coronal mass ejections from the local star.

TBonenom

Resident Of Avalon
Founder
+1 interest, i think would be a fun thing for everyone involved. And not too difficult to implement, eh devs? ;)

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
We discussed this a bit in Discord last night but will there be any areas in Genom that are environmentally hazardous? Toxic atmosphere or ground water, intense radiation, et cetera?

And, if so, will these areas require special equipment to navigate (rebreathers, sealed suits, even vehicles)?

I was little inspired playing Mass Effect: Andromeda on the planet Elaaden. Basically, the water there is incredibly acidic and hazardous to touch.

Would also love to see some radiation issues, whether man made like energy generation device leakage, or natural like intense solar radiation or coronal mass ejections from the local star.
Asked @BAGAMUT , awaiting reply )

Answer:
BAGAMUT said:
Planned, but exact time when it be implemented is TBD. This will be one of the core PvE-features in PG

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
This is an interesting idea, I wonder how this will work out, would suck to have to carry like five sets of armor just to prevent hazards lol.

caino666

Raider
Gold Avalon
It'd definitely work if you could equip a set of armor underlays or overlays to prevent damage from one hazard, then two hazards or three as you gain access to higher tier protective equipment. That way you could eventually outfit yourself to scout around the polar ice caps of a highly irradiated planet (two hazards, radiation and cold).

The new PTS world begs for this, the infected area is so weird and alien that it would be natural for it to be a place where some kind of spores prevent you from just walking there empty handed.

Weather conditions with effects on visibility/movements/weapon stats/etc would be great too. Sand/radiation storms in the desert, rain in the Ark surroundings (along with collateral effects of the Ark crash?), blizzard on the mountains (or some kind of auroras?), etc. Fully implemented survival-like temperature and radiation levels would maybe be too much.

Top Bottom