1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Exoskeleton

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Notayeti, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Notayeti

Notayeti Rookie

First off kudos to 3D art guys. Fantastic top notch job. :)

Are we going to have customisation? Change colors/paint for example?

2. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

Customization will touch all game content, including exoskeletons.
    We`ll have coloring, skins and even modification possibility (in the future).

3. Notayeti

Notayeti Rookie

Awesome.

I am a huge fan of the achievement based color unlocking in ESO. Any chance there will be a similar system? I really hope this is being considered if there are achievements at all. :)

Decals is also something that I'd love to see. It be a really nice touch if we could position decals on certain aspects of the hard surface portions on the Exo's.

Cheers

4. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

I think you will be able to tune Exo`s as you wish ;)

5. deusex2

deusex2 Rookie

Since there's already a thread about exoskeleton suits, so I'd like to ask my own question here, which also relates to the main topic.

So in one of the videos we've been showed different types of exoskeletons and genoms and we've been told that exo's would serve as tanks and DPS, while genoms would provide support. So my question is this-where does it leaves all those heavy/light arms? Will players armed with those still be relevant in a group of exoskeletons and genoms?

6. GenomInsider

GenomInsider Moderator Staff Member

Hi there!
    Not to worry - there'll be about 9 roles that a character can play in a party, so there's plenty of room for everyone. Plus, your armour still is important even if you've got an exoskeleton or a cover or a mech, which means that with good armour you don't need to worry that no one's going to want you in their party with exoskeletons and covers and mechs and whatnot.
    It still matters what kind of armour you have even if you are, say, in a mech. So it all comes into play.

7. deusex2

deusex2 Rookie

I believe you misunderstood my question. I wasn't asking about armour, but about small/heavy arms, in other words-weapons.

8. GenomInsider

GenomInsider Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, my bad, I did read it as armour, while you were talking about arms. But the situation is pretty much the same as with the armour. What I mean is having an exoskeleton doesn't equal being almighty or the only valuable party member. Like we said, there'll be 9 potential roles in a party so everyone will be able to fit, with different preferences in weapons. Having a whole party of exoskeletons (tanks) is not always a good idea, so the diversity of weapons and their properties will provide for diverse arrangement of a party.

9. Sir CrossBorn

Sir CrossBorn Community Manager, English Forum Staff Member

This is Excellent to hear, so many potentially good games have gone bad due to the forced roles needed to make a viable party, the infamous 2 hour wait while LFH/Tank thing is brutal. Sounds like you all are making it possible to do things with a varied mix of classes/roles and that's a very good thing!!!

10. deusex2

deusex2 Rookie

While this is indeed good to hear, I'm still concerned about the matter. After all, known exoskeleton armors perform as melee damage dealers, AOE\(single target?) damage dealers, as well as tanks. And given my understanding, the support roles fall to known and future Genoms.

So where exactly does that leaves shotguns/Assault/sniper Rifles/Pistols/Melee? What roles do these guns have to perform among the nine mentioned roles, and speaking of which, if it isn't a secret-what are those nine roles?