• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Feature Request: Game addons -- or something similar

Would you like to see game addons in Project Genom?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don't know what addons are :\

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

DeadDuck

Raider
Gold Avalon
Hello Devs,

I am very happy to see the game in its new state, I have a suggestion that I've not seen anyone else purpose yet -- and given how many former Firefall players we have, I'm actually very surprised by that.

If technically feasible, I would very much like to see this game feature the ability to have custom, user written game addons with a set of basic game API functions. Things like showing content on the HUD, getting inventory information and player information, sending / receiving chat, etc. As well as some API triggers, such as item pick up event, zone / map change, incoming chat, etc...

This would allow us to customize our client, but also, in the event that the game becomes super grindy, we might also be able to automate some tasks. I think most PG players dislike the keyboard macroing suicide armor grinders, so to be clear addons would not be for this purpose--i.e. direct character control should be impossible without user input.

I used to write lots of addons for Firefall when it was around because I enjoy coding, and I think this could make the game so much better AND it might allow us to help in some limited ways in the coding -- i.e. if we want something added to the HUD, we can do it ourselves rather than pester the Devs -- just a thought.

If you want more information about how the Firefall addons worked, I can provide that as well as many example addons (written in LUA language). They really allowed the player base to customize their experience and in some cases, fix broken game code (or at least bypass it) -- though ideally, we won't need it for that here. :)

P.S. to gauge interest, I'm adding a pole to see if anyone else would like to see this.

Vollmond

Gold Bounder Of Avalon
Gold Founder
Voted 4 idk what addons are xD

Addons will be supported after release (v 1.0).
here is post about that (vodka language):
до релиза поддержка аддонов, пользовательских модов на официальном уровне и прочего "марафета" поддерживаться не будет, ввиду иных приоритетов, направленных на более важные задачи. НО мы прекрасно понимаем, что моды\аддоны\апгрейды клиента самими игроками порой являются чуть ли не ключевой причиной игроков оставаться в игре. Поэтому мы очень ответственно и серьёзно подойдём к этому вопросу в будущем и вероятнее всего поставим систему апдейтов игры игроками на полностью официальный уровень, не говоря уже о дозволении самим что-то визуализировать и менять(естественно без ущерба балансу).
some like: we know, addons are very important, wait till release and more blah-blah
too lazy to translate full post sry m8 :-S

ow n yeah
yaaaaay firefall /o/ \o\ /o/ \o\

Last edited:
Top Bottom