1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

fix the ****en armor bug

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zercon, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Zercon

Zercon Rookie

**** the armor bug I am sick of running around in t3 armor when I'm level 18 and I got a t9 gun .. so I tried to make a new character and I hit level 5 and at level 5 it too got no armor points it says 0/9 (I think) and I have not used any points on anything at all not a goddamn ****en thing
    --- Oct 29, 2016 ---
    PS
    weapon is working fine

2. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive Golden Founder

Hi Zercon,
    I am confused (not an uncommon thing), and you are irritated. So, you can either swear at me or help to alleviate my confusion a bit. EIther one, I don't mind... although I would prefer to lose the confusion either way.

So, you have hit level 5 (Character level, I assume), and it is showing that you have the expected level 5 Armor XP cap of 9 points, but that you currently have 0 Armor XP points.
    So you're not earning Armor XP, and probably also not earning the Tactical/Sabotage/Assault-specific Armor XP points either, correct?

As you are level 18, you will need to be fighting, and being hit by, mobs that are at least level 15 in order to get XP, although I would recommend level 18 to 20 for leveling.
    First question: Which armor type are you using? Tactical, Commando/Sabotage, or Assault? Or a mix of the 3?
    Second question: How many armor pieces do you have equipped? All 7, or less?
    Third question: When you get into a fight with one single mob of the type you are usually fighting, roughly how much does your Shield number go down by every time you are hit?

If the answers to the above questions are "Assault", "7", and "some number less than 20", then you are below the threshold for earning Armor XP with each hit you take. If the mobs you are fighting are around your level (17-19, say) then that probably means that even as a t3 set the armor value is too high, making me think you are using Assault armor, which is definitely the hardest/slowest to level. You can try to unequip the armor piece by piece, and you will probably find that at some point you start earning Armor XP.

Normally, I would suggest leveling with Tactical armor, as it seems to give the highest Shield value of the 3 (especially when wearing a full set) and it blocks the least damage, meaning more Armor XP per fight. You can then use the Armor XP you get with a Tactical set to unlock your Assault levels, swapping to Assault when you get past the level-grinding stage. However, if you are going to stick with Assault, try stripping armor until you see the Armor XP indicator moving up during the fight. I am pretty sure it will work, but let me know either way.

3. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

The vulgarity is uncalled for. There are many threads about how to level your armor and armor issues. Pleas tak the time out to check those and please limit the vulgar language.

4. Zercon

Zercon Rookie

Stolpskott
    I have a level 18 that can only use t3 armor and has no points to spent so I make a new character and leveled it to level 5 and he has gotten no points so far but my first character is a level 11 and can use t5 armor
    my level 18 I try to kill 30 with it when my 18 was 11 I was killing 15-18 to level up it is not my character level I want leveled up I went from 17 to 18 with only 1 stock of ammo was kitting alpha something (dog) but I have not gotten any points for my armor and I am in T3 gear for the past 7 or 8 levels

5. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive Golden Founder

First question: Which armor type are you using? Tactical, Commando/Sabotage, or Assault? Or a mix of the 3?

Second question: How many armor pieces do you have equipped? All 7, or less?

Third question: When you get into a fight with one single mob of the type you are usually fighting, roughly how much does your Shield number go down by every time you are hit?

6. Zercon

Zercon Rookie

i use all the same type of gear commando and if i get hit it only takes 2 hits to kill me the other 2 armor skills is at t1