1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Game bugs, nowhere else to post?

Discussion in 'Site & Forum Bugs' started by Blaidd Eira, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Blaidd Eira

Blaidd Eira Rookie

Hi folks.. Several bugs have been found.

1. East side of plant outside Ark, can fall down and run under the Ark.
    2. Picking up item that takes seconds while other person is looking will allow you to also pick them up.
    3. Ramp up to hound mound, if not on the road and try to get on the road, encounter invisible wall on 50% way up the ramp. Causing to get stuck unless turn around and walk around. Doesn't always happen, but it does happen. Sometimes jumping doesn't unstick.
    4. People Outside Ark floating mid air. Typically 2-3 or more in one spot.
    5. Game really needs an FPS option, it's not much change, but it would allow for more accurate shooting and aiming, since TPS doesn't allow for any decent aiming. You aim, and you miss, becuse the gun isn't aiming where the crosshair is. Thus you miss.
    6. You can't aim down far enough to kill things at your feet. Rarely the bullet spread will allow you to hit the target.
    7. CleanThirdPerson function causing game crash.
    8. When loading, you load into central map potition, instead of inside designated area, and then your location data shifts you to the location. (Primarily an issue when going from Ark Surround to Ark itself.
    9. Can't skip the Unreal4Engine Intro screen.
    10. Texture optomisation not always functioning correctly. Sometimes it overloads the Graphics Cards RAM, and says it's not enough, even though it can hold plenty of Textures and process plenty of things. Settings are optomised for it, but the game is still having issues.

That's enough for now that I have seen and verified multiple times to determine how they occurr.
    Will post more later, in this thread.

2. Mourn

Mourn Rookie

3. Blaidd Eira

Blaidd Eira Rookie

yup. I don't have permission
    ... anyway.. here's more...
    1. Digger Queen Instance: Ramp leading up, top of, left side, rock is not really there, can walk through.
    2. Digger Queen Instance: Entrance, turn left, just past ammo crate, turn left into rock, go straight through it. In there is things that shouldn't be there. should not be able to walk through stone rock wall.
    3. Doctor Merck. "Don't even try to messing...." should be "Don't even try messing...."
    4. Weapon Mastery levels screen. Rifles main section, still says "pistols" in the description.
    5. Nest in Ark Surrounds, Weapon drop, Insects, Name is in Russian on a USA server.
    6. Many items have the secondary bonus's still in Russian.

--- Oct 18, 2016 ---
    It was a little while ago I asked where to report the bugs,and I was told here, so I came here.. If they didn't give me the right permissions then, I can't help it. But would be an advantage if a mod would do it. Because I'm about to post another 50... since I have the game operating corrctly and I will be performing a thorough test.

4. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

did you link your Steam account to your forum profile?

5. lightpyro

lightpyro Wanderer Golden Founder

that problem you having can be comming becouse of the server problems..
    becouse of all the ppl are online makes things alot problems. things can act alot more strange..
    and becouse of the server problem it can make all the info your computer to get does not recive all the time that can be the reason you falling down.. when the server have been fixed all will be working..

Right now you can fall down underground for none reason.
    chat stops to working.
    some mission loading bar does not working becouse of the sever problems.
    you cannot use ATV into the area there are too many ppl.
    its too much problem.. the server are too much weak..
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    the best now all take a brake from the game until the server get fixed.
    Becouse before steam release was all working very good

6. Blaidd Eira

Blaidd Eira Rookie

yes I did. this is me logged in via Steam.
    --- Oct 19, 2016 ---
    Actually, this is NOT true. Sometimes it may have some tiny impact, but in actual fact if the bug is there then the bug is there, whether the server is optimal or not.

Wrong. I've tested it, it's a part where there is NO WALL. It's acessable always. Was accessable day 1 when the server was running just peachy.

this issue I am aware of. This is when you de-synchronise from the server?

I have not experienced this.

The server is not the cause of these issues.

Well, an Open Alpha is just too much load for the server because everyone wants to play, but the game isn't ready for an Open Alpha. You need testers like me who know what they are doing to be able to find and resolve the issues.

Anyhow... So I yet have access to the bug forum so that I can post the issues with the Intro Area?
    --- Oct 19, 2016 ---
    It was a GM that told me where to go to report the bugs.

....FYI... To all those who say that it's a server issue...
    The bugs I find are REAL bugs, not something that's caused by latency or server coordinate misplacement because it's "busy" or has a "high population" at the time.
    If THAT was the reason, then I would have stated that when the server was working fine the issues didn't exist, but when the server was busy the issue was there. then it's still a bug, and should be addressed anyway.

7. lightpyro

yeah the server are too weak. and need to be fixed.. i knew it was comming this issue but that but that issue are too much.. and that can push another ppl into a box there they thinking alot.. i have play this game for 1 year but we see it was too small ppl into the first year.

8. Blaidd Eira

Blaidd Eira Rookie

Just be happy that the bugs/issues are NOT because of the servers not being powerful enough.

9. lightpyro

yeah that is true i hope this issue can be fixed soon so that the atleast the chat working becouse when the chat get problem becouse if it then is hard to help another ppl some you wanna help some asking for help.

10. Blaidd Eira

Blaidd Eira Rookie

I have 15 bugs/errors to upload at the moment. Any chance I can get access to the area for bug reporting please?
    --- Oct 19, 2016 ---
    <H> Veronica.. I'm here... :}

11. Trickster

Trickster Rookie

I have 1 bug to report, upon entering the desert my screen turns red, very much like a blue(But, very red) screen of death and almost had to force a restart. This has only happened in Project Genome so far.

12. Blaidd Eira

Blaidd Eira Rookie

When you entered there?
    Canyou provide more detail please?
    Path you took to get there?
    What point it happenned at?
    Did it happen at the area transition point?
    Does it happen every time?
    Were you running or jogging or waling?
    Focussed in?
    What time was it? (GMT Please)
    Were you lagging at the time?
    What PC Specs?
    Game Graphics settings level?
    How much RAM did you have spare on your GPU at the time?
    How much PC RAM did you have spare at the time?
    Do you have Paging File/Swap Partition, and if so, was it max size?

13. Scraggles

Scraggles Rookie

Project Genom Community - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

So much for bug reporting :), but I have just linked all relevant accounts to profile, so maybe get access soon, so first set of bugs found on the far western side of the map when I climbed above a mountain, but was suspended what looked to be several hundred feet above the oasis :(, I then ended up under the mountain and had to do unstuck 20161020215653_1.jpg 20161020220045_1.jpg

14. Trickster

Trickster Rookie

Reply: It happened somewhere between 22:00-24:00 GMT+1 19th October.
    It happened the first time i got there.
    I was running.
    Can't remember what route i took.
    It crashed around the time it took for the location name to disappear.
    No lag at the time.
    I had all things on Epic except view distance.
    I wasn't focused in if that means aiming or whatever.
    I've got 16 Giga RAM, the game was the only thing on at that moment. Meaning whatever that wasn't spent on Windows 10 was used by the game.
    I'm running an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz no overclocking.
    Graphics card: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4GB GDDR5
    Windows 10 64 bit (Is stored on an SDD Card)
    Game is stored on a 2TB Harddrive.