1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Game optimization.

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Nicco, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Nicco

Nicco Rookie

I have been following PG for quite a while and I have always considered to buy as soon as there was the chance,but since I have decided to not upgrade my PC(games nowadays mainly sucks so don't worth the cost) I was wondering if the engine of this game need an hight end gaming PC to run(I won't upgrade for just one game sorry).
    Currently I have an AMD A8-3850 with 8gb ram and a radeon 7850,I was wandering if the game will run well on this configuration.

2. insp

insp Searching for meaning Golden Founder

3. Nicco

Nicco Rookie

I know the system req,but I think that in game experience is better to evalutate how the game runs on various configurations.

4. Bartez

Bartez Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately most testers play on Nvidia videocards and Intel processor for now, so if you will have some troubles with game dev's will be glad to found and fix them i think =)

5. OctoberNight

OctoberNight Cookies Golden Founder

I had an A10 about a year ago and ran into cpu bottlenets with the gpu not being able to keep up with high settings. The A8 will likely have problems with cpu bottle necks. You will likely ended up playing on low to medium settings. If you can I would start to save up for AMDs new FX CPUs they will come out with next year. They will support ddr4 ram and it would run a lot of games nicely paired with a R9280x gpu

6. Nicco

Nicco Rookie

Thanks,I don't think in the near future to save money to upgrading my PC,there aren't so many good game to justify the expensive new components.
    Project Genom seems really good but I will give it some time to get in a more definite shape because this year I have already wasted money in Elite Dangerous and others MMOs that failed to meet the hype so I have become really cautious about buying pre orders or early access.

7. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

In your case it will be better to wait game release) But of course, we would be glad to see you in the game early), even at testing stage)

8. kristakis

kristakis misses faufau :( Golden Founder

FWIW I have no problems playing the game with an AMD R9 M295X in 1440p at 40-60fps or 2160p (4K) at ~20 with all settings maxed. If you are prepared to knock a few settings down a bit you can get 4k running better but there's still some UI element scaling issues at that resolution. 1440p is fine but my suspicion is the game is built around 1080p.