• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Hello, Initial Feedback and Suggestions

Greydog

Raider
Gold Avalon
To start ...hello :)

I found the game on steam today and thought it looked interesting enough to invest in a gold package before even playing a minute. After two hours I'm not regretting the purchase.

As often happens in early release games with little documentation I have become somewhat confused though.

Figuring out movement was easy enough. Killing the diggers was easy to figure as well. Interacting with objects too. Where I am having trouble is figuring out quests, vendor interaction and how to not throw away my items with the functions that show up when you right click an item.

- accidently threw away a pistol I picked up with what looks like a "drop" command.
- Lost some digger shells trying to figure out how to sell them.

Quests are a little less troublesome. There are a couple I think I may have broken due to passing thru the vent to the second area.

- I never found medicine to heal with. One box simply had a statement saying it was medicine. Another was empty.
- I got rid of the hand with out realizing I could put it in the micro-wave.
- Broke down the watch, got the key, cannot find a stash box.

Some suggestions...

Movement:
- Would like to actually "walk backward" when pressing 'S'. This would make killing those diggers at your feet easier.

Tips/Tutorial:
- The static screens are annoying as they sometimes cover objects you need to interact with. Would prefer that tips show up in pop-ups at various times or areas of the map where they are relevant. after that they should be accessible via an in-game link.
- Unless I missed it, there should be a tip that explains what all the various icons do right at start so players don't accidently throw away items. Another at a vendor to explain how to buy/sell would be nice.
- Tips explaining things like the quest log and how to use it could be done with successive pop-ups to give a step by step explanation on how it works.
- Controls/Keybinding list needs to be translated to English. (I did figure it out)

I know it's early and I am liking what I see so far. Thank you ..I will recommend this to my friends :)

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder

I found the game on steam today and thought it looked interesting enough to invest in a gold package before even playing a minute. After two hours I'm not regretting the purchase.

As often happens in early release games with little documentation I have become somewhat confused though.

Figuring out movement was easy enough. Killing the diggers was easy to figure as well. Interacting with objects too. Where I am having trouble is figuring out quests, vendor interaction and how to not throw away my items with the functions that show up when you right click an item.

- accidently threw away a pistol I picked up with what looks like a "drop" command.
- Lost some digger shells trying to figure out how to sell them.

Quests are a little less troublesome. There are a couple I think I may have broken due to passing thru the vent to the second area.

- I never found medicine to heal with. One box simply had a statement saying it was medicine. Another was empty.
- I got rid of the hand with out realizing I could put it in the micro-wave.

Some suggestions...

Movement:
- Would like to actually "walk backward" when pressing 'S'. This would make killing those diggers at your feet easier.

Tips/Tutorial:
- The static screens are annoying as they sometimes cover objects you need to interact with. Would prefer that tips show up in pop-ups at various times or areas of the map where they are relevant. after that they should be accessible via an in-game link.
- Unless I missed it, there should be a tip that explains what all the various icons do right at start so players don't accidently throw away items. Another at a vendor to explain how to buy/sell would be nice.
- Tips explaining things like the quest log and how to use it could be done with successive pop-ups to give a step by step explanation on how it works.
- Controls/Keybinding list needs to be translated to English. (I did figure it out)

I know it's early and I am liking what I see so far. Thank you ..I will recommend this to my friends :)
Most of this was redone in the new upcoming patch, as for the walking backwards movement, you can still shoot while running backwards, its just your character runs towards you while you are turned to shoot.

Penzoil3

Raider
Silver Avalon
And, if you hold the right mouse button while backing up, you will simply back up facing whatever you are shooting.

InfernalSkyline

The King in Yellow
Staff member
Hi :coffee:
Many things will change together with the upcoming update, be patient. You can read some topics about it, like this News 1.12.2016 or this Development Progress News .

Medicine, like many things, will come much later. May be in the next update, i dont know. About stash, its not secret information. You can find it, when you will passing the story line.

I hope, you will enjoy our small, but beautiful world. Goodluck.

Greydog

Raider
Gold Avalon
Yes, I am enjoying the game and am eagerly awaiting the update :)

My post was mostly just to give my impression of the starting area thru the eye's of someone who had not heard of it before and had only done the start zone. (which is why I'm not complaining that it took two weeks to get a reply)

I felt as though I had missed something when I exited thru the vent for the second area but found that the quests continued in the second area. PG seems like an early alpha so I kind of expected that things may not be fluid yet. My suggestions were to help give an idea of how to make the starting experience less confusing.

@Penzoil3 ..I discovered the backup thing rather quickly after looking at the keybinds. That also solved the "Diggers at your feet" problem.

Thank you all for the replies.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
Take screenshots now while you still can, because this patch will change the game entirely.

Top Bottom