1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

How Not To Schrodinger

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Schrodinger, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Rookie Golden Founder

Today I learned. That while your Core Levels boost your ability to have higher point caps for Armor/Weapons. I also learned that I can only grind armor/weapon points on enemies withing 3 levels above or below me. Today I learned this the hard way. I hit level 52. I'm in T12 gear. And now I'm stuck. I can't raise my Armor/Weapon points anymore because even Brawler (48) is below my level.

So. Take this as a PSA. Level gently, get the points you need first, and don't over level yourself until you're ready for the next level.

With love ~ Schrodinger

Vollmond, Sparx and HardV like this.
  2. HardV

HardV Rookie

I'm curious what the thresholds for this are. What should your gear be at every level (increments of say 10; 10,20,30 etc). Just so we don't make the same mistake ;)

Think I'm lvl 23 with T9 armor and T8 assault rifle.

3. yarden32

yarden32 Rookie

well the best trick is to keep your tier... lets say, "up to date" to your current level.
    so if you maximum tier you can get for level X is Y, reach Y asap and gain max points available for your current level.
    since weapon causes your character to level up, you should consider fighting mobs with a weak weapon that will still be able to dmg more than minimum dmg, but as low as possible. for example if you're training with deciples, get a weapon that hits them for around 30 dmg minimum, and as lowest maximum as you can possibly get.
    this way, you spend more hits on a single mob, which makes your character progression slower, but weapon progression faster

btw about the topic, reaching lvl 52 as for now is a huge problem. even though you trained with brawler up to now, brawler seems to be counted as a really strong elite mob here. you get less weapon points from him, while getting high xp.. which is too bad.
    and you have no idea which max level mobs are gonna be added on the next patch. if it will be just a max of 50? you'll still get stuck...
    next time you'll know :)

4. Havyk

Havyk Rookie

Thanks for the heads up Schrodinger.

Yarden, so weapon XP goes per hit and not per kill?

5. yarden32

yarden32 Rookie

yep

6. LiamAngelus

LiamAngelus Rookie

Currently lv 43 with tactical armor 12 and pistol 12.

Farming only Brawler now and I will stop as soon as I manage to get armor/pistol 13 to avoid those issues....and wait for the patch to come.

By the way, 74% of Steam success so far with some who don't validate even with multiple tries (Paratrooper, Bartender, Watchmaker, Truce Envoy, Straight-Out), maybe some are not well implemented at the moment.

7. SumoCowPlays

SumoCowPlays Rookie

What do you mean by that?

8. LiamAngelus

LiamAngelus Rookie

Some achievements (a few) don't work, impossible to validate them ;)

9. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

Here is what I do to make sure its up to date, I look at the amount of armor points I can gain total, then I look at the next tier to earn, what I did to get from t12 to t13 was I sat at level 42, and died against the brogs, so much that I gained the maximum amount of both spec points and tier points for that level. Then I left to grind out the assault rifle slightly to get it to t12 before hitting level 43. Once I got the t12 assault rifle I leveled up to 43 and got the last 7 points from the brawler. I am sitting at 43 still because brawlers are level 48, there are no other enemies to fight within level 40+. So I wait.

10. Frigidfrost

Frigidfrost Rookie

SCHRODINGER FOR ADMIN! ......lol jk