1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

How to keep a healthy world while offering Instances.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Phunkstein, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Phunkstein

Phunkstein Rookie

I'd love to see both PvP and PVE instances in this game but only if...

it made players accomplish things in-world in order to participate in an instanced dungeon, battleground or arena. Maybe require players to aquire "tickets" to enter specific instances through crafting, trading, farming or daily quests.

This system, I think, would minimize players spamming instances as well as limiting trolls and afk'rs due to the fact that you'd actually have to put in some real time, work and effort just to participate. I think this is how you can keep the world healthy and still offer the fun of instances.

2. Proslacker

Proslacker Rookie

It's not a bad idea, but if the whole group has tickets or some other form of currency on the line during an instance it could cause elitism. It could even cause aggressive behavior toward new players that don't know the instance or dungeon very well. I think this could even increase trolling, if the troll knows that the group has currency invested in the instance they could turn into jerk and hold the instance hostage.

I would like to see instances also, but I think they should be free to experience and learn. They should be accessible to new players.

3. Archael

Archael Rookie

It would leave it open to possible exploitation - I recall playing GW2 and players would charge others gold or in some cases premium currency to join their instance to get the kill on the boss etc and claim the loot. As long as measures were implemented to prevent this sort of thing happening then I think it could well work and offer something fun.

4. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

As far as I can tell the Devs have been going for a very OPEN world. Toll style instances are a relic of the past and for totally different styles of mmo. Not only that it imposes an artificial restriction and in many cases a time sink/resource sink, again an outdated and detested mechanics. Proslaker also has a very valid point about those same mechanics are ones that in other games keep newbs out of instances and create a crap environment for new players. Those mechanic styles need to stay in the past where they served their purposes in the limited engines they were used in.

Spagex likes this.
  5. Proslacker

Proslacker Rookie

Loot obviously needs to be addressed before instances or matchmaking happen. I never played gw2, but ff14 had nice instance matchmaking; as did skyforge and blade & soul.