HUGE HUGE HUGE praise for damage variations!

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Pighead Elderberry, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

I want to thank you guys for implementing this right from the start!

When I use a weapon, as far as I can tell it gives variable numbers of damage within a range.

It does NOT appear to me that a given weapon always deals the exact same damage on every shot. No weapon should ever give the exact same damage on every shot! That makes no sense at all.

There should be (when appropriate) criticals which give a lot of damage (like if you get a good headshot on a human or similar).

The other shots to foes should be (as I think they are) varied from one shot to another just as in reality.

For example, and why I think this is the case now:

I use the Lvl 4 Laser Pistol I bought at the store on the Lvl 1 Diggers outside the main door. I sometimes will one shot. Sometimes it takes two shots to kill. Sometimes three. The shots are different. They should be!

This is an excellent mechanic (like reality) which gives the game a little more sense of realism but also give it a HUGE bonus in enjoyability because of that extra little bit of luck thrown in by it. If we are on our last few HP and the enemy is close to death, we can hope for a couple high damage shots to save us - just like in reality and giving us a more enjoyable battle.

I hope this mechanic is kept.

Bacterial, OctoberNight and Vesta like this.
  2. Pighead Elderberry

p.s. As a follow up to this, when I purchased a weapon I saw that the stats on the weapon I purchased and equipped are not the same as the stats on the one the vendor has listed of the same type.

Is this related to my weapon skill for that weapon type?

Is this a precursor to crafting, where each weapon is unique with slightly different stats from another of the 'identical' type?

3. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

might be a bug in displaying stats, need to check

4. NewbieGummi

NewbieGummi Firestarter Founder

It is not a bug, it is supposed to be that way. Each time you buy a weapon/armor from the shop, you have a slight difference in stats that you can get, also known as "the mighty random". And yes, it is related to craft, since you get different material compositions, from which the items are made, which also affects the shop, where you get a different set of materials in each item.

5. SomeUnregPunk

SomeUnregPunk Inquisitive Golden Founder

That's a neat idea. different materials giving different stats.

6. Pighead Elderberry

That is very good!

That kind of thing keeps for variety in the game which makes it more fun to play!

I personally do NOT like the games where every instance of any given item is EXACTLY the same as another.

For example:

Games from the early days of MMOs had EVERYTHING THE SAME. You would craft 1000 pairs of 'wool pants' - all same. You would put them on a market place with 1,000,000 other IDENTICAL PAIRS of wool pants crafted by others! Every 'wool pants' was identical to every other. Every found one, every crafted one, every one for sale. This was because games had to be simple in those days - but it was bad.

That was years ago - and should NOT be the case today with modern games.

Modern games should do it right - which is how you are doing it here.

YES!

Different quality of crafting materials make different quality items!

YES!

Different instances of the 'same' item type are different!

YES!

We find resources of different qualities!

YES!

We find and craft and buy items of the same 'type' of different stats from different quality base items!

THANK YOU FOR MAKING PGENOM THIS WAY!

THANK YOU!

Vesta likes this.