1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

i rearly want to play this but......

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by OHpaul, Feb 9, 2016.

1. OHpaul

OHpaul Rookie Founder

i dont know if these are problems or they need to go back to the drawing board with this game my map doesnt work my quest dont update or show what i need to do next or where to go i have made multiple new characters to see if that helps but nothing happens it seems to make it worse i rearly like the idea of this game but its just unplayable for me some things need english translation aswell as i have no idea what some terminals are used for if anyone who speaks english can help me out in game add my character if you can its Landrel thanks

2. NewbieGummi

NewbieGummi Firestarter Founder

And your wall of text is unreadable. Try again, and this time, if you want anyone to understand you, use punctuation and capital letters.

Sahelanthropus likes this.
  3. OHpaul

OHpaul Rookie Founder

if you dont have anything usefull to say to the problem im having dont bother replying

Mortis likes this.
  4. NewbieGummi

The thing is, even after reading your "problem" about three times, I still did not understand what is it. I'm just making sure that you understand why people don't reply to you. No need to be rude.

5. OHpaul

OHpaul Rookie Founder

I dont know if these are problems or they need to go back to the drawing board with this game. My map doesnt work at all my quest does not update or show what i need to do next or where to go and also my ui keeps dissapearing, I have made multiple new characters to see if that helps but nothing happens it just seems to make it worse, I rearly like the idea of this game but its just unplayable for me, some things need english translation aswell as i have no idea what some terminals are used for if anyone who speaks english can help me out in game add my character if you can its Landrel thanks.

6. NewbieGummi

Mainly, all of the problems come from the fact that the game is still in early alpha. They are working on improving it, but it takes time to do so. Do not expect much gameplay from an early alpha.
    The map is not working because of it being re-build for the next big patch. Actually, every aspect of the game will be changed in the next patch, and because of this huge re-building, everything is very buggy at the moment. I would suggest you to read about the upcoming update in the following topics :
    New Character Progression System
    New Equipment System
    Progression System 2.0

Genobee likes this.
  7. OHpaul

OHpaul Rookie Founder

thank you

8. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

I am making my in game characters all named Pighead1, Pighead2, etc. etc.

If you see anyone of me logged in when you are in game - I can help out.

I have pretty much played out the current build, so I am not online as much as I was in the past months, however.

To answer some questions:

Right now the overhead map is not implemented. There is normally a map, but it is turned off at the moment.

There are not specific directions of where to go for quests. You just have to roam around and look for things. Often things makes sense, like going to the medical center area for 'Formalin' to preserve the hand you find at the start. The best thing for quests (which I actually like a lot) is to spend some time wandering around the "Ark" (the big ship) and CLICK ON EVERYTHING WITH AN 'E'. Everything! You'll get quests from some things, and often lots of witty commentary.

A lot of the voiceovers are still in Russian. I like this - it is really fun for me even though I do not know Russian. This will go away in time - so it is like a really fun thing to have right now in the early alpha.

So - click on everything. Get familiar with where the NPCs are (like Gor in the security area and the Intendent near him etc. etc.) and pretty soon you will feel like the Ark is home.

It took me a little while to get used to where things were located, but now that I know, I feel 'at home' in the Ark and know who is where in the Ark.

It also helped me a lot (and it was fun) to make several characters and play from the start repeatedly. It helps to find bugs, and it helped me get a feel for the quests.

Some quests are not complete at the moment ( and at the moment there are no flowers to collect for the flower collection quests).

If you have time, it is worth playing now - and it is worth it to enjoy the Russian voiceovers and the funny things your character thinks out loud when you click on things.

If you are short on time, you could wait for the next big update coming sometime (we hope) in the next few months.

In the meantime - welcome to the community!

Genobee, OHpaul and Vesta like this.
  9. OHpaul

OHpaul Rookie Founder

thanks for the info pighead ill do that

10. grisidlis

grisidlis Captain Golden Founder

Lol PigHead. Funny name. I'll make sure to look you up in the game.
    --- Feb 12, 2016 ---
    I do agree with NewbieGummi. The game is still in alpha and they are working fixing and improving the game on the next patch. OHpaul you do need to work on your punctuation and capital letters even though I did read your statement, but it show like it was done by elementary student which show lack of professionalism in writing is reason why I saw people wouldn't want to answer your questions or questions you may had.