1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for the leveling system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alyssa Itinerii, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Alyssa Itinerii

Alyssa Itinerii Rookie Golden Founder

so I had an idea for the armor and weapon leveling in conjunction with the main character level

instead of having the current where you have to take damage to level armor and deal damage to level weapons
    order to unlock the next tier weapon or armor you instead of using these "armor points" and "weapon points" make it so that you use exp in order to unlock the next tier and then when you unlock an upgrade that lets you use a higher tier it also makes your main characher level which increases the pool for exp you can save up for upgrades

to those of you that played firefall during open beta this idea above is inspired by how the exp was used as a sort of currency for unlocking upgrades back then

Vollmond, Fairdwin and Dinariok like this.
  2. Dinariok

Dinariok Phazon Army Co-Leader Golden Founder

It deffinitely sounds easier than the current system and I like this idea it in the whole.
    But if experience will be used for unlock and ungrade the weapons/armor it will give a free hand for those exp-grinders that already are in the game. And currently only complicated points system rein them up from leveling enormously IMHO
    If so, then alongside with experience as unlocking power for tiers, should be added some restrictions to control this power

Alyssa Itinerii likes this.
  3. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

I agree with Dinariok, its better this way to stem xp grinders. I also like the fact that i have to work at getting better with the item.

4. Alyssa Itinerii

Alyssa Itinerii Rookie Golden Founder

I don't know if I would call "putting a weight on W and going afk" to level armor using the item in question but yes it is a valid point

5. Frigidfrost

Frigidfrost Rookie

All that needs to be done to prevent the afk farming is a debuff applied upon death that causes 0 exp gain for a few mins.

When they came up with the idea of lvling armor like this, I assume they were wanting it to be a passive process as you were killing mobs.

I really like the system they have an I hope they dont change it, but add things to curb the things people will come up with to cheese it.

Lvling armor is easy and can be done simultaneously as you are farming/lvling your weapons. You just have to allow yourself to get hit. Which is a great concept since in almost every other game if not pretty much all, its always a good thing to avoid ever getting hit. But this system makes you have to conciously think about letting yourself get hit just enough to be able to regen while you are killing mobs. I love it.

6. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

I agree with most except fore the no XP debuff, that would be too harsh for everyone in the game, nowhere in the realm of fun or useful, and wouldnt impact XP grinding in the least, you could still do it it just would be slightly less xp over time. So nowhere near feasable.

7. Frigidfrost

Frigidfrost Rookie

You could not afk grind without a bot. So how is it not feasable? The problem is the people who afk do it. Not that you have to get hit.

It is useful because it would stop afk grinding. Many games do debuffs on death to prevent stuff like this, and its especially useful is pvp scenarios. So yes, very feasble.
    No one said the exp grinding was bad, just the afk stuff.

Alyssa Itinerii likes this.
  8. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

And I stated that having a no XP debuff wouldnt stop afk grinders, not feasable may have been the wrong term, it would be pointless. I am also not saying a debuff of some sort wouldnt be good or bad just that a no XP debuff would be a jacked up measure and would kill the flow of gameplay. lalala running missions lalala oh i died, welp... no use grinding untill the debuffs gone... it wont affect ofline grinders only online ones. Think about it.

9. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive Golden Founder

Probably the fairest way to stop afk grinding is to implement a death penalty. I am a bit unsure about the idea of a "no xp for x minutes debuff", because I pretty much agree with Cruxdaca - the people who will be most affected by such a move are the ones who are playing, die, and who then have several minutes of no xp. Having said that, my idea of a death penalty (remove the xp earned since logging in or since the last death, or some such variant) is probably more punitive and less popular.
    Stopping afk grinding completely would be relatively straight-forward - have respawning players appear in a building/med center/cloning center near their point of death, from which they cannot just run straight out. As an added wrinkle, set it so that they have to talk to a NPC in the building to recover their armor, weapons and inventory items.
    If a bot can be made sophisticated enough to find and move to a specific NPC, initiate and progress through a conversation, re-equip armor and weapons, and then run out of a randomly positionned door, turn left or right (depending on the building orientation) to run along a corridor and then turn again to exit the respawn location, then I would be surprised ;)

AOD_Cruxdaca likes this.
  10. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

Well not to mention that this game doesn't have targeting, now the ability to afk grind outside of a pretty elaborate program that would be caught by most anticheat systems is highly unlikely. So the question would actually be, is it even going to a big deal in the first place.

11. luciusruth

luciusruth Inquisitive Golden Founder

don't like it to much, limits your progress to xp income

AOD_Cruxdaca likes this.
  12. Frigidfrost

Frigidfrost Rookie

How would having a no exp debuff not stop afk grinders? Im just curious as to how it wouldn't . Simply because how can you afk grind if you have to come back every 5 mins after dying to go die again? Then it isnt afk grinding.

I do like the idea of, upon death, spawning back at a point in which you cant afk grind. Its just, there might have to be forward bases implemented to have spawns that are farther away from the ark....cuz running all the way out to brawler (since the atv is so bugged its scary to use it lol) would suck.

But on a side note, i personally think having a debuff for no exp is still good, or im sure some middle ground could be reached, but I do like Stolpskotts suggestion too. Its just my opinion, i lean more towards hardcore gameplay, and a punishment like that is hardcore. Its a punishment for dying, as dying shouldnt be something that has no punishment imo.

And I think its probably going to be a big deal, since running into mobs to die repeatedly is a really poor mechanic, and hopefully its rethought of how to level armor. It is a cool, unique system that they have, so maybe some kinda tweaks need to be implimented to make it not be such a dud. People will always find the laziest way of doing something of course...but i think something could be done to make this system better.

13. dureuileric

dureuileric Rookie

hi all simple or not humans or not :rolleyes:

And if
    • the time of respawn would simply increase
    • and / or the amout of armor/weapon xp decrease
    for you if you die in less than a certaim laps of time...
    To be more vicious and making avoid such unfair play, we can more over imagine a counter of death by defined laps time:

if ( die )
    {

if ( ( time died - time last die ) > laps )
    {

counter = counter + 1
    }
    else if (
    counter > 1 )
    {

counter = counter - 1
    }
    }

and then:

if ( counter > 1 )
    {

play xp = gained xp / counter
    player respawn time = standart respawn time + counter
    }
    else
    {
    play xp = gained xp
    player respawn time = standart respawn time
    }

Simple rules and math formulas, very fast to execute, directly optimiezed whatever programming language is used (c# or c/c++)... no need to script actions analyze for that particular thing...

And for "too much automatic" grinding people that would be the end... the more you die too fast the less you gain whatever you use to do it...
    Any real player would like not to die to fast and need to act really so it changes his/her death counter... or double penalty :eek:

And it could appear on HUD so people see their actual state of xp gain or respawn...

maybe a solution taking care of almost all your ideas, i hope so ;)

14. Frigidfrost

Frigidfrost Rookie

Thats really good m8. <3.
    I really like that.

15. lightpyro

lightpyro Wanderer Golden Founder

hi nice idea but im not sure how that would work out in practical use.. But lett me tell you i have play this game over a 1 year.. i can say the afk are not so bad now as it was before. but yeah its annoying you must run and die alot .. but for now lvl up your armor to max you can from your lvl 5 . if you need more info look at my page guide.. But what they should do its.. just drop the armor lvling and just keep the ability . becouse its lvl based anyway.. or they must do it so its more easy to lvl up your armor when you just do killing, Like exemple you dont get points unless you fight back to the mobs.. to make it fear for everyone.. then you will not have any afk runners

16. Whraith

Whraith Moderator Staff Member

Cleaned up the argumentative posts, keep the discussion clean and don't resort to personal attacks to get your points across please.

Stolpskott and AOD_Cruxdaca like this.
  17. Frigidfrost

Frigidfrost Rookie

THANK YOU.

18. Stratoz

Stratoz Rookie

2 way's could be used

Random facing when respawn

A flag for being hit and hitting mob with a min or two before reset if not active way less point gain or none..e