1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for weapons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vesta, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

You can write any suggestions about weapons at the game here.

2. Nicco

Nicco Rookie

Just one thing about weapons,I think that every weapon class should have a precise way to work and a balance between damage and disadvantages so for example a missile launcher could be great for open world battle but absolutely bad on close combat and interiors because of lethal splash damage.
    Another example about sniper rifles,they shoud be very difficul to aim and shot to avoid the usual abuse that can be seen in all the shooting games.
    Precision on weapons should also be affected by movement and recoil.
    In the end I think that the best goal on weapon balancing is to make people chose to use the gear that they like and not the usual narrow choice of 1-2 over powered.

Ravrohan likes this.
  3. Vesta

Thanks, Nicco!
    We`ll think about your suggestion and we will try to do all to make weapons more interesting for using in the game.

4. Nikoku

Nikoku Rookie

Not sure if these are already suggested / in plans, but it'd be great to see scythe & fist weapons. (Like gauntlets of some sort)

Some other ideas could be Crossbows / Longbows, Railguns and so forth. I'm not sure what kind of weapons you already have in the works, so i'm just throwing out some examples.

5. Vesta

For any case, I would like to remind, that you can read more about weapons at the project here

6. Nikoku

Nikoku Rookie

Many thanks for the link! Will definitely take my sweet time reading through the article

7. Vesta

You are welcome, Nikoku! :)

8. Notayeti

Notayeti Rookie

Anything Plasma.

I'd love to see Plasma swords. Plasma nets for CC. Plasma guns for ranged.

:D

9. Jenner

Jenner Rookie

How about grenades with different effects? Like a standard sharpnel grenade, and then make a plasma nade. Maybe also add like stun nades that stun smaller enemies and slow down the larger ones. Mines? Setting up a landmine with high damage and luring your enemies into them.

10. Vesta

You can read more about game weapons here
    I hope you find there all you want ;)

11. Cavadus

Cavadus Inquisitive Silver Founder

I'm always into battle rifles in video games. What's a battle rifle? It's exactly the same thing as an assault rifle except it fires a full sized rifle cartridge rather than an intermediate cartridge (intermediate being between rifle and pistol).

So this usually translates into hard hitting semi-automatic rifles with less magazine capacity than an average assault rifle. An example would be comparing the FN FAL to the M16.

Similar in form and function but the FN FAL fires 7.62x51mm NATO with a twenty-round magazine and the M16 fires the smaller 5.56x45mm NATO with a thirty-round magazine.

Battle rifles are often easily transitioned into designated marksman rifles.

Good examples of battle rifles in real life would be the FN FAL, H&K G3, and Springfield Armory M14.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rdpy481GRo

The best example of a battle rifle in a video game would probably be the M96 Mattock from Mass Effect 2 and 3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S80vWUpGnP4

So don't forget the battle rifles! :D

12. Vesta

Cavadus, thanks for your suggestion. Battle rifles are already implemented in the game.

13. Pikachu

Pikachu Rookie

Bio-Technology - Since the game has a theme with mutations,DNA, Science things.. It would be cool if we had weapons that are organic.
    Lets say we take ''x'' monsters DNA and used it as a material by altering its genetic code to create a living, breathing weapon that acted as a rifle, sword, pistol.

DNA Gun - A Rifle/Tool/Gear that would allow us to target ''x'' monster, replicate its DNA, then deploy a copy of ''x'' monster to help you fight. Lets say ''x'' monster had an ability that healed its allies, if you copied and deployed ''x'' monster on your side, it would not only fight for you but also give you healing buff too. This can be made exceptions to bosses

~~

Also do Rifles/Pistols have an inept firing mode such as Single fire, Burst , & Auto?

:D Just really excited for this game

14. Vesta

Pikachu,thanks for such interesting idea) We will discuss it with team)

Yes, we `ll do it )

15. Vedrisca

Vedrisca Rookie

Going along Pikachu's suggestion for the synthesis of Genom-augmented weaponry, would it be possible to create something like a hybrid between a Bio-camo (forgive me if I don't know how to spell it out, but it's the equipment that allows you to take similar appearances of other organisms and augment your abilities) and an exoskeleton? That way, the exoskeletons could inherit some of the stat resistances that the original biomass had.

16. TomDRV

TomDRV Rookie

Hi, before I make any suggestions, could you clarify how weapons' ranges will be restricted? Will the projectiles/energy beams just disappear once they reach a certain distance (As in Star Trek online & The Old Republic)? Or will it be similar to how it is done in, for example, Battlefield or Planetside 2? So projectiles will simply carry on going until they're pulled down by gravity and I guess energy beams will just 'fizzle' out over a distance? The effective ranges of weapons would then be managed by bullet velocity, Cone-of-fire, spread etc. As energy beams will be far, far more accurate, would they be less damaging than projectiles?

thanks,

17. Vesta

Hi!

The bullet distance will be limited in our project. The bullet will disappear after reaching the limit of its range. So it will be at beginning of the game. In the future, we will pay special attention to this mechanics and it will be improved, but now we are not ready to say -- how.

18. Scarce

Scarce Rookie

Personally I have visited as much media as I can in regards to getting an "eye full" if you will, of the weapons.
    What I see so far I thoroughly enjoy but I must say (mind this is IMHO and only my opinion), most of the weapons look like they are lunky.
    Maybe that is not the word for it though, they just seem so large. I mean don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that they are ArcheAge,Aion End game weapons Huge but they seem Gaudy.

Personally I would very much like to see somewhere between the Light and Heavy weapons Sets that a Mid or Medium set becomes available, The balance between DMG and AGI, Submachineguns/PDW's , AutoPistols, and the sort. and maybe some smaller type of weapons that look more Utility then Show? I would hate for anyone to think that I am just pouting. I am simply putting in my two cents, and I am still buying your game come payday!

But if you guys would like I Could look into sending some concept work to you guys of what I mean, I am just a fan of Proper proportions if it can be helped. Maybe Obsessive Compulsive or just A.R. but if it looks like it weighs 100+ lbs. I know I sure as heck would not want to be shouldering it or lugging it around. :D either way..... this Game in a whole sense.... :twisted:

19. GlitchyGirl

GlitchyGirl Inquisitive Golden Founder

I'm guessing the weapons are lighter than what they look given that so far every weapon save the handgun actually retracts or compresses down on itself when it's holstered. As such the really aren't that bulky.

20. Sahelanthropus

Sahelanthropus Space engineer Founder

Oh man, I would love to see a crafting system similar to fallout 4 (I should read this Topic first before commenting but I'm short on time now! :D )