Ingame autorun

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BunnyBerserk, Jun 1, 2016.

1. BunnyBerserk

BunnyBerserk Inquisitive

Hello, i suggest to implement "Hold shift for set amout of time to autorun, stop autorun on shift press". I am playing 4 days non stop, my pinky and middle fingers can't handle anymore, my whole hand hurts way too much. I've already asked support but the answer was that i am forbiden of using any program to set the keys on/off pressed. Even i love the game right now, I fell like after 2-3 more days i will be unable to test the game anymore because of my physical unability to continue playing.

Fac3man likes this.
  2. OctoberNight

OctoberNight Cookies Golden Founder

Press the sift key and hold to run is annoying however in a future update we will be getting vehicles for travel so we will spend less time running and more time driving. I do like the idea of a auto run option tho it would come in handy for areas where we wont be able to use vehicles.

MolliMayhem and BunnyBerserk like this.
  3. BunnyBerserk

BunnyBerserk Inquisitive

Wooo, brum brum are comming ? *-* yesh !! :D

4. Culann

Culann Rookie Founder

Don't get too excited...as of the present the quad bikes are horrifically BAD to steer...almost uncontrollable. You can only steer them with the WASD keys, not the mouse. On top there is a acceleration factor that makes them turn faster the longer you hold down A or D. As a result you'll w ant to turn, tap either, and nothing happens. You have to hold one or the other and hope you can time it enough to make the turn instead of running into objects in the landscape.

It is my suggestion that ALL vehicles should be steerable by mouse, and not rely on WASD only.

Fac3man likes this.
  5. Vapetrail

Vapetrail Rookie Silver Founder

I find the vehicle controls just fine, some handling tweaks here or there would be okay. They should definately add an option to have either, as i prefer to use WASD with the mouse for free camera (how else can one admire the landscapes you go through? :p ).

6. svindler

svindler rigger Silver Founder

Probably, who played with Firefall will adapt to the steering quite fast, who came from WoW or similar will have issues :) Haven't tested it yet, tho. However, I would like to praise the developers, the lot of patches in the last few weeks are impressive! Keep up the good work!

7. Bitle

Bitle Rookie

Id suggest auto run is a good idea, especially when key bindings become available. normally its either num lock or ~, i usually rebind to my mouse. wasd shouldn't be forced in/out for steering but mouse look should be available. For this purpose i suggest something like right mouse or another key binding to activate/toggle mouse steering for those vehicles that make sense.