• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Initial leveling process

I thought this particular topic deserved its own thread, so here we go. In any mmorpg there needs to be a balance between combat and non-combat sections. Too much combat and the player will quickly grow bored of it as there are only so many different variations you can give someone early on in the game. Believe it or not you can have too much of a good thing, and if you want the combat to stand out, you need to have parts of the game that are non-combat related.

On the flip side, you can't have too many non-combat sections or again, the player will get bored. There's only so much running around collecting items a person can take. Unfortunately, right now in the early leveling process there appears to be a lot more running around doing errands than actual combat. I just did an hour's play session where I didn't shoot my gun at all. I literally just spent an hour running around collecting items and speaking to NPCs. Now, a lot of that had to do with the confusing layout of the Harbringer and the map, meaning I was running around aimlessly a lot of the time trying to find where I had to go next. But even if I was able to find my way perfectly each time, there was still far too much running around collecting items, to the point where if I was your average new player, I would have quit by now.

It is ironic that in the "about combat" section of the website, you talk about spending 90% of your play time in combat, when in fact it is the complete opposite. Once you clear the first tutorial section and get out of the cryo unit, you spend 90% of your time running around the Harbringer like a headless chicken.

In short, if you want this game to succeed and not have people quit in the first hour, you need to streamline the leveling process, so that you have less errand running, and more combat. Otherwise people are just going to get bored and quit before level 10. Having a decent map to follow will help with this, but the quests need looking at too.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
I thought this particular topic deserved its own thread, so here we go. In any mmorpg there needs to be a balance between combat and non-combat sections. Too much combat and the player will quickly grow bored of it as there are only so many different variations you can give someone early on in the game. Believe it or not you can have too much of a good thing, and if you want the combat to stand out, you need to have parts of the game that are non-combat related.

On the flip side, you can't have too many non-combat sections or again, the player will get bored. There's only so much running around collecting items a person can take. Unfortunately, right now in the early leveling process there appears to be a lot more running around doing errands than actual combat. I just did an hour's play session where I didn't shoot my gun at all. I literally just spent an hour running around collecting items and speaking to NPCs. Now, a lot of that had to do with the confusing layout of the Harbringer and the map, meaning I was running around aimlessly a lot of the time trying to find where I had to go next. But even if I was able to find my way perfectly each time, there was still far too much running around collecting items, to the point where if I was your average new player, I would have quit by now.

It is ironic that in the "about combat" section of the website, you talk about spending 90% of your play time in combat, when in fact it is the complete opposite. Once you clear the first tutorial section and get out of the cryo unit, you spend 90% of your time running around the Harbringer like a headless chicken.

In short, if you want this game to succeed and not have people quit in the first hour, you need to streamline the leveling process, so that you have less errand running, and more combat. Otherwise people are just going to get bored and quit before level 10. Having a decent map to follow will help with this, but the quests need looking at too.
Keep in mind the game is still in development, hence the "Alpha" name, which means the way things work may or may not change. If you take a look at the information posted about the new patch, you can see that the game will not be like it is today in its current state. They probably already took this into consideration and changed majority of the quests/jobs already. None of us will know for sure until the patch is actually live. Read all the news posted, I have it also on the Discord server so either way you are getting the right information.

Top Bottom