• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Intro to Vehicle suggestion

When to be able to first use a vehicule,it's something devs need to reconsider about when the game is rewrite to scratch.
The concerns is not about the actual live version but what will become the live version the 7th may,in other words
the player's progression preview which can be found today in testserver and will make for the greatest part their way to the live.

The World is big very big,this is what the game teach to the player the 2nd time he need to get out of the ark due to the main-quest line .The tedious walking for quest objectives begin with the quest "Favor",from this quest up To "kill the digger queen"(didnt get past this quest yet due to a bug) the pacing of the mainquest begining-objectives-ending get more and more distant.
Because it isnt "fun" nor "interesting" to have to walk 2/10 min between each objectives and walk back to end the quest,at the same stage of the game at "Favor" from the main quest line players needs to get to use a vehicle,it dont needs to be a permanent vehicule,if devs dont want to hand that early a permanent one because of gameplay reason(vehicule customization or else),and could only be a limited-use object(like a rental) which dont go in inventory,stay in the world and despawn until vehicle destruction or players going in instance(dungeon/ark).

A simple implementation without messing with main quest line is to get a secondary quest with a call for its begining right after the "Favor" quest init,and ask to retrieve a vehicle in the vicinity of the last objective from the previous main quest then need to drive it back to a npc at the entrance of ark,if idea of a rental vehicle is okay this npc can offer a free ride to the players in reward which in return help to alleviate the tedious nature of a big world scale.

Along with vehicule suggestion,the character control mode need to have an autorun "feature".

I also want to speak about instant travel feature but as i ignore the world limit and this feature is only a test in progress phase its not time to have a proper discuss on it but i hope the devs understand the distance between the ark and the digger cave isnt big enough to justify a tp mode,of course there is more concern about its pros/cons and implementation.

Fac3man

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
actually as it was in a previous version on the live servers u had to follow the questline and after 1-2 days u got the quad..so its actually not much work to get one...i mean for testing purposes it would be real good to have it from the beginning...

Actually it wasnt a question.Im a noob who got the game not so long ago,i played a bit of the current live version made it to lv 13 and get to lv 14 ish main quest i saw somehwere quad req is lv 25 then i saw in game a quad with a quest marker req lv 15... but after searching a bit i discover that version of the game was not being update from years so i tried the current test server where the world looks like 2 to 3 time bigger than the live.
If you compare the ship from both version,the test ship is 3 times bigger than the live one,the distance from ark/digger cave from test is almost 2 time longer than the distance ark/first outpost in the wild(not the one in the cave ) from the live.The scale isnt the same and what could be bearable distance in the live is not in the test and devs should be aware of that.Thats what im saying.

Well im no more interested to play on live,because it's an irrelevant version of the game and will soon disappear,not to mention the gameplay is healthier on the test than the live even when most of it is locked.

Fac3man

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
no worries..its work in progress...everything will be updated and shifted to the mainserver soon..distances might be llonger but u can use fasttravel to get back to harbinger or u use unstuck tool in main menu... guess and hope devs are aware of it, quadbike just didnt work properly in previous version but probably will be reworked when quests/questsystem is done..

I think i am being misunderstood somehwere,i dont have any fear as i can see from live & actual test and newsletter the game is heading for the best and i will wait patiently the live release while testing and discovering stuff on test but when you do over and over the same mains quest, it bring naturally more light on issue on the gameplay progression,this is what i was refering to.
Big world need use of vehicle as soon as the player need to do mid to heavy travel even if the vehicle is not permanently owned by the player,and 1 km is already an heavy travel when the player sprint is so short and slow (i dont critic this, i think the bar and the speed is ok in its current state).

I know quad is not implemented cause of potentials bugs,my suggestion was just an heads-up for the devs to be caution of.

Top Bottom