Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Extras' started by Sahelanthropus, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Sahelanthropus

Sahelanthropus Space engineer Founder

The English forum is quite low in population compared to the Russian one. I think we few people should learn to know eachother. I guess a good way will be introducing yourself to the community. We can also welcome new members easier this way.

I'll start off

Name is Pavel, russian origin. Live almost my whole life in Belgium so I kinda got separted from the Russian lifestyle and language (I speak it every day though). My final highschool year started in September, 6 months to go before I unleash myself into the "big" world. I study the multimedia sector (graphic design, video/sound editing, web development, database management, animation, ...). And I have absolutely no idea what to do with my life after school :/

I'm eager to hear about you lads!

2. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

Wow! Nice to meet you, Pavel! ) You are pretty creative person

It`s time to introduce myself.
    My name is Svetlana ( Sveta in short) , but in the web I am known as Vesta. :) I was born in USSA.
    My parents were military and we lived in different places of Ukraine and Russia. Since 1984 we live in Kharkov, Ukraine.
    I have an older brother, niece (25) and nephew (5).

All my life I liked to draw and when I was about 7 or 8 years old, I knew already that I will be an Artist. I finished children art school (4 years) , then I after secondary school I entered to Kharkov Art School ( Painting faculty, and Teacher of drawing for children) (4 years) and after that I finished Kharkov Institute of Industrial Arts ( Graphic faculty, 6 years).
    And after studying I did not know where to work.
    My female friend invited me to come to her work as artist and engineer of computer graphic ( it was in 1999). Since that time I have been working at computer. I worked as illustrator, as web designer, made some graphics for mobile and flash games and one day I decided that I want to learn more, something new and interesting. I have found the courses of Maya ( 3D), finished it in 2011 and since that I work as 3d modeller in Project Genom team (as freelancer) .

As to say about hobbies, I like a lot of. My hobbies change frequently. But I always like to do where creativity is. I like photos, hand making, some cooking, some traveling, some time ago I sewed toys for myself and my friends, even I studied to belly-dance a little )).
    Last years I have not much free time for hobbies, so I am spending a lot of time, making the best game of the world for you-- Project Genom.

I am sorry for my English, it`s not very well.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Kaori, int, Fitauner SP and 2 others like this.
  3. Vesta

I did not know what to do after Institute finishing also, but I understood one main thing for all these years. You should to do that you like. If it is interesting for you , all will be fine! You will have very perspective and interesting profession. The only thing , you should improve your working skill to have a good job after finishing your study. My advice-- you have some time to choose what exactly you like most of all and to think about job connected with it. You have big space ( world ) for your creativity-- web industry, cinema, games, multymedia, and others. Good luck! )

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    SomeUnregPunk likes this.
  4. Sahelanthropus

Sahelanthropus Space engineer Founder

Thank you!

Vesta likes this.
  5. SomeUnregPunk

SomeUnregPunk Inquisitive Golden Founder

Good idea.

The name's Some Unregistered Punk.
    I got a real name but I'm disinclined to spread it because my dayjob is a managing agent for a group of apartment buildings.
    I even wrote about some of the more crazy stuff that happens in my job in reddit under the name SomeUnregPunk. I found this game from a person that linked to it from the Firefall forums. It's very neat and I have been following it for sometime now. I may have advertised this game a few time on that forum.

Anyhow, that's very helpful advice Vesta!
    Your English isn't bad at all too.

Fitauner SP, Sahelanthropus and Vesta like this.
  6. SnoozinRedPanda

SnoozinRedPanda Inquisitive

Hi everyone!

I'm SnoozinRedPanda and came from the Firefall forums as that's where I've been hearing about this game. From what I've seen it looks really interesting and something I will be checking out for sure! :)

I'm from Canada my hobbies and interests include drawing (digital,Traditional),making videos from time to time (mostly Firefall), building costumes & props, video games (Destiny,Mass Effect, Firefall are my favorites), Sci-fi, Wildlife (Red Pandas & Orcas), Film, hockey.

Not to sure what else to say,not one for these intros haha! Glad to of joined these forums looking foreword to seeing how the game goes and look foreword to meeting the community as well as familiar faces from Firefall :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  7. Vesta

Welcome, guys!)
    It`s very interesting hobby ) I would like to see your creativity and I could show my early art works too ) Now I am 3d modeller , but in past I draw a lot too )

SnoozinRedPanda likes this.
  8. SnoozinRedPanda

I'd be happy to share my art and would love to see your art both drawn and 3D if you can share some of your models.
    I draw mostly red pandas and fan art. But trying to draw different stuff as to have some variety :)

Heres my most recent of Cayde-6 from Destiny.

[​IMG]

9. Vesta

I can show one of my sketches I made some time ago for fun

[​IMG]
    And my 3d models -- of course all for Project Genom

[​IMG]

Kaori, Windir, int and 5 others like this.
  10. SnoozinRedPanda

They look awesome! Love the style of your sketches. Nice shade of red on the Mech a neat design. Makes me think of the Tau from Warhammer 40,000.

Great models! Love the helmet and suit the one on the far left and nice color schemes. Digging the black,white & green.
    Thanks very much for sharing :)

11. Vesta

I am just a 3D modeller, but I wanted to remind, that concepts of armor were made by other our talented artists-- concept-artists.)
    In any case, thank you for warm words)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  12. kristakis

kristakis misses faufau :( Golden Founder

g'day!

I'm Kristakis (or some alternate spelling of that) from Australia. I work as an applications developer in a small company so often end up doing other stuff like support and database administration too. My gaming tastes are varied but I would say Space Engineers, Firefall, World of Warcraft, Minecraft and Warframe (probably in that order) are my top 5 most played.

I used to love multiboxing (old skool style with lots of keyboards and frantic button mashing)
    [​IMG]
    (and ginger beer apparently)
    and had a go at running a Fansite for a while too. At this time I'm looking forward to playing The Division and No Man's Sky, and maybe even a fansite for the latter. I am loving watching Project Genom grow, it's giving me the feels I once had from Firefall and it's nice to see so many familiar faces here - we should make a guild or something :D

13. Chanticrow

Chanticrow Oh cupcake... Silver Founder

Heya. I'm Chanticrow. I am also migrating here from Firefall thanks to various mentions of Genom on those forums. I am a soulless corporate applications developer focused mostly on back end database and services work, but I am moving toward devops as I desperately try to transform the culture of my company from the bottom up.

I wrote a few addons for Firefall (notably Surveyor), but I am terrible with graphics and UX so I never finished a lot of the interface work I wanted to create. I am envious of Vesta's and SnoozinRedPanda's artistic skills. ;)

Genom looks very promising, and I'm excited for the opportunity to see the progression from the early stages.

14. Slab Hardcheese

Slab Hardcheese Rookie Golden Founder

LOL, also from Firefall. Also playing The Division, pre-purchased No Mans Sky, and am looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda! I still jump into ME3 multiplayer too. Project Genome looks like a fun one and can't wait to jump in. I'm an old guy software developer / musician but am addicted to video gaming ;)

8/8/2016: checking back in... I guess we are all still waiting for the next major overhaul patch? I bailed on TC The Division due to the PVP hackers and followed AOD into Black Desert Online. No Man's Sky is about to come out though and that will distract me for sure. I'm a huge Mass Effect fan and still play the ME3 Multiplayer, so can hardly wait for the Andromeda release. BDO is fun, though I'm not that into the mortal combat style PVP based on who has the most time to grind gear.

I'm looking forward to project genom when it gets more playable. I love the sci-fi feel of it.

kristakis, MolliMayhem and Vesta like this.
  15. Sylordis

Sylordis Rookie

Hello people!
    I'm a french guy named Sylvain, currently working as Software Engineer in germany. I'm a game enthusiast, metalhead, roleplaygamer (pen & paper) and occasionnally writer.
    For my game, it's very diverse, but for MMOs I'm doing mostly Warframe, Overwatch, Wildstar and a bit of LoL. Count a lot of RTS, Hack'n'slashes and infiltration games. I played Defiance for a while also, but I wont give you a detail of my steam library or we'll have for a while =D

Genom looks very promising ;)

Vesta likes this.
  16. Havyk

Havyk Rookie

Hi! My in game name is Havyhk, im sure some of you will see me around.
    I'm Chinese-American, born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii (USA), second generation (my parents moved here). I'm currently in Nursing school (Bachelor's program), about to graduate in May of 2017. I do work a couple of jobs, one on campus and one as a pizza delivery driver. I'm also a competitive weightlifter, having done the sport for about three years now and just brought home a couple medals to Hawaii from a University Nationals competition.
    Games wise, I only dedicate substantial amounts of time to Project Genom now, but I do like to dabble in a little of everything like free-to-play MMORPGs and FPSs. I have a major love for Mass Effect and expect me to play the heck out of ME: Andromeda. I do play first person shooters and I'll probably play the new Battlefield and Call of Duty at some point for a short period of time. Always been a fan of single player storylines and campaigns.

Vesta likes this.
  17. Windir

Windir Rookie

Hi. My name is Sabine and I am from Germany (image is in the "Where are from" thread :)).
    I like music (Heavy Metal), movies (mostly horror genre), games (board, pc and P&P) and reading.
    MMO wise I am very active in TSW and TBW. I am also looking forward to Dogma (Vampire MMORPG)

Vesta likes this.
  18. Grazzt

Grazzt Rookie

Hey everyone !
    You all seem like very creative people, so I hope I'll fit in here :whistle:

Some words about me then ?

I discovered the Roleplaying world with the Dungeons & Dragons Basic Red Box back in Junior High, around 1983 (yeah I'm a bit old...), and never really stopped since then !
    Now of course real-life commitments get in the way of those game sessions, so they're more scarce, but still here. I've played all the different editions of Dungeons & Dragons up until the awesome 5th Edition, with which I started DMing my own campaign called "Realms of Chaos".
    I also really like the "Chtulu 1890" game, and there too I started DMing a campaign based on Jack the Ripper.

About the MMO world, I started with the best MMORPG ever, Star Wars Galaxies, in 2003, so I'm having a really hard time finding anything that doesn't pale in comparison...
    When SWG went to hell with their New Game Enhancement crap by the end of 2005 I had to move on to some other MMO, so I discovered Lineage II which I also really fell in love with !
    It became my new home for several years, I created a Clan and everything, but when the grind became too boring for me I left again, and started playing almost every available MMO : City of Heroes, The Matrix Online, RF Online, Warhammer, Aion, RIFT, Fallen Earth, The Lord Of The Rings Online, Final Fantasy XIV, TERA (where I created the biggest RP Guild on the EU server, called Templars of Dawn), ...

But now, because days only have 24 hours, I decided to focus on 3 games, from 3 different universes : The Elder Scrolls Online (for the Heroic Fantasy universe), The Secret World (for our current universe), and Star Wars Old Republic (for the Sci-Fi universe, where I created another RP Guild called Dark Inquisition).

I just discovered Project Genom, so maybe it's gonna replace Star Wars for my SciFi fix ? ;)
    What's funny is that I discovered it by watching some YouTube First Impressions videos where people were saying that the game is unplayable right now, but just by watching those videos I had a feeling that I didn't have for a long time, that told me that this was a game I could absolutely love and spend a lot of time in !
    I agree that Project Genom still needs a lot of work in about every aspect, but there's really something that draws me to it, it's hard to put my finger on it but something tells me that "that's the MMO we've all been waiting for", so I just went ahead and purchased it on Steam (y)

Anyway, see you soon I hope !

Vesta likes this.
  19. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

I was sure that I had posted something to this thread before, but I guess not :) So here goes!
    John, 45 (at the time of writing), originally from Liverpool in the UK, but since 2006 I have settled in Stockholm, Sweden.
    Mostly, "work" has been support and IT system maintenance, but there has been some software development and QA/Testing, and just about every other aspect of the software development lifecycle.
    At home, I have a girlfriend, 2 cats and a huge collection of books (some of which I have actually read!), 4 computers and a building full of neighbours who love having an IT guy living under the same roof.
    Hobbies include pretty much anything that I can do on a computer, but also walking, going to the gym 2 or 3 times a year, nutrition and massage therapy (no happy endings for the boys, though!), and martial arts (mother and father were silly enough to take me to a Judo club when I was 7... what were they thinking?).
    I first discovered Project Genom through a friend of mine who, much to my girlfriend's irritation, bought me a Gold Founder pack as a birthday present. He still has not been forgiven for that, but what else are friends for, if not getting us into trouble with "she who must be obeyed"?
    Formerly addicted to Planetside and Star Wars Galaxies, this game might have the droids I am looking for ;)

Vesta, Dinariok and Kaori like this.