• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Just wondering?

Is it worth playing the game and try to do all missions and level up, or best wait till after no more wipe's?, I know playing the game helps with solving problem's, But what if you done so much already?

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
well its up to you, but if you continue to play test the game and report bugs we will love you more :)

Thanks for reply, reason asked as i didn't want to burn my self out with the game before it is even final, As i have done with a few Early access games, For being alpha at moment, I am finding it more enjoyable then most early access games i played.

Sparzy

Inquisitive
We need more map markers for missions or at least an area to start looking. Most mission descriptions give nothing away except go outside and find x amount of these. Outside is a big place with no clues.

I quite like how most mission's don't give waypoint's, as it makes the game a challenge, I hate it when games bottlefeed you everything.

Havyk

Inquisitive
Some people spend forever and a day finding buttercups

Or NPCs that aren't on the map (Mithraaaaaa)

Or spotty turtles

I eventually found them with help from others but for a loooong while it was like WHERE ARE THEYYY

Quests wonderful till now. I also like the way they comming up, submissions are more interessting without exactly waypoints, so the gamer has to place request in the community, if he didn´t could do it on his own.

WolfEine

Inquisitive
One thing I think Project Genom actually has right is an almost forced sense of interaction in the Alpha stage. I would LOVE to see an update that at least gave you an area to search for each mission but right now having to ask and interact with other players brings a sense of community missing from MMO's like EQ or WoW. That said ,it would be great to at least get an area where each quest objective takes you but again it's nice seeing the community pool together on information and locations.

As far as play testing and leveling goes: unless heavy restrictions are put in during Beta and the final Live version leveling things like armor and weapon skills should be cake.

LogDawg

Raider
Gold Avalon
It is up to you if you want to play or not, I think its fun to help support and test the game as it is and it has a long way to go but still is a lot of fun to play currently in my opinion.

the point of playing the game right now is the help the developers test and find bugs in the game to help improve the game. not to just play and grind and then hope you stats dont reset before the game goes live.

Scraggles

Inquisitive
Was under the impression that the game was live, if all stats are going to be wiped in the not too distant future, then will have to see how it goes