1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Key Bindings

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by TeaCubed, Oct 14, 2016.

1. TeaCubed

TeaCubed Rookie

Is there anyway to rebind or even view the current key bindings on PG?

2. CookieDuster

CookieDuster Community Coordinator (English) Staff Member

Not yet, but coming soon.

TeaCubed likes this.
  3. feniques

feniques Rookie

Do it!!!! cos for me (lefthanded)this game is unplayable

4. Fozzik

Fozzik Rookie

Basic Keymap -

ESC - Settings and Game Menu

WASD - Movement
    Mouselook by default (action camera)
    LMB - fire drawn weapon
    RMB - Walk, Aim Weapon
    Scroll Wheel - change weapon

TAB - release mouse pointer (tab again to go back to action camera)
    Q - Draw weapon
    E - Interact
    R - Reload
    I - Inventory
    O - Syndicate window (guild?)
    J - Journal (task / quest window)
    C - Genom Window - character skills
    V - Vehicle (do not press if you don't have a vehicle, may lock up your movement! press ESC twice to unlock movement)
    M - Map

5. Sparzy

Sparzy Rookie

Please make it real soon wsad cramps my hand, can we also get LMB draws and fires weapon? Also RMB sometimes jams the toon in that aim position, pressing escape sometimes fixes it.

6. Guru Zeb

Guru Zeb Rookie

You guys know you can VERY easily fix your ergonomic issues with WASD by just editing the defaultinput.ini file in projectgenom/binaries/config
    I too CANNOT use WASD keys ... i have been using arrow keys for 'puter games since 1980's so forcing WASD on me is like making a golfer use a cricket bat (((

Not all ingame keys seem to be listed in the ini (Q = draw/holster wep seems absent) but you can pretty easily rebind your keys.
    Obviously BACKUP your vanilla defaultinput.ini prior to any edits. Also be aware any updates/patches will probs overwrite your new configs ... so make a backup of youe edited config too ... less hassle than remaking it every week.
    From the changes i made it is very easy to set a standard main keyboard key, mouse buttons middlemouse bindable, mouse axis invert .... adding numpad keys or "above arrow keys pad" (end pgdown, insert, print scrn, etc .... harder as not used in vanilla defaultinput.ini so hard without trial and error to work out exact syntax.

DEVS!!!! please list syntax for all possible keybinds would be HUGE assist to several players ...
    I spent 2 days trying to find out if keys where bindable ... then realised i could edit the ini .. and INSTANTLY bought game+avalon pack ... suspect there are quite a few like me.

Hope this helps devs and my ingame brats (brats = Rus for bro)
    Zeb

Joermungandr likes this.
  7. Disturbed

Disturbed Rookie

Well there is a way to change the key bindings im not sure its legal tho...

1. open your project genom directory where the .ini files are (steam/steamapps/common/Project Genom/ProjectGenom/Config) remember to set all file types visible just incase.
    2. open "DefaultInput.ini" with your favorite text editor (notepad is fine).
    3. change the line "+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=SpaceBar,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)" to "+ActionMappings=(ActionName="Jump",Key=X,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)"
    4. Save and set the file to "Read Only" so it cannot be changed by the game back to defaults.
    5. Now you jump with X button.
    6. Profit

Just change the line you wish to modify and the button assigned to it.

I saw someone struggling in "global chat" and <H>TOFU asked me to post on steam FAQ and here on the official forums incase it was helpfull.

8. Kaori

Kaori Inquisitive Golden Founder

Thanks for sharing the find with the community, I'm sure some users will be happy to here about this temporary fix. While PG may not be able to officially endorse this, I will add the info to the Steam Newbie Guide as a temporary work around. :)

9. Disturbed

Disturbed Rookie

Glad to help, Veronica :)

Yea CookieDuster said they cant officially endorse this but didnt say it would be against the rules.

Kaori likes this.