1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OctoberNight, Jun 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

What login system would you like?

1. Login system that requires you to login everyday back to back for several days in a row

2. Login system that slowly builds up overtime but does not require back to back logins

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OctoberNight

OctoberNight Cookies Golden Founder

Now while a log in reward system (if project genom even ends up with one not sure what the devs have planed) is still a far ways away I thought I would toss out a few things out there and get a discussion on it going just to see how people feel about it.

Most log in reward systems I have seen require a player to log in everyday in order to get a big reward at the end of the week or what ever amount of time has been designated. Now while this system is great at rewarding those that log in everyday it really does not do players who cant log in every day any favors and just because they are unable to log in everyday does not mean they are not loyal players that are contributing to the game and have been doing so for a long time. I tend to prefer login systems the have tiered rewards that get better the more days you log in but those days do not have to be back to back. For example you start out at tier one and then after logging for 60 days regardless of how many brakes between those 60 days you gain access to better tier 2 rewards. The down side is that it takes longer to get to the increasingly better rewards but the upside is that players who play a lot but cant log in everyday still end up reaching a point where they will start seeing some nice login rewards and those who log in ever days get to enjoy those rewards sooner then others but everyone still gets to enjoy the rewards.

As far as rewards go I tend to like to see premium shop discounts and or premium currency discounts, small amounts of premium currency, rare skins and other cosmic stuff.

So how do you guys feel about log in rewards? do you want them or don't want them?
    what login reward systems do you like?
    what login rewards do you like seeing?
    what login rewards do you dislike seeing?
    any other thoughts you have on it

2. Criterion

Criterion Tester of things Bronze Founder

I don't think I've seen a login reward system in a bought game. I can only remember this in F2P, and I believe it's because it works to keep people playing and buying things according to the F2P model. Games that are bought generally do not require this type of carrot for players to login as their monetization is built in to the purchase of the game. That said, I've been pretty selective about what games I've played in the last few years. If there are a bunch of games that require game purchase and do the daily login thing it's quite possible I've simply not played them. I don't have any particular urge for one in any game. Basically, i think if they have to bribe you to login, it says something about the game.

3. MolliMayhem

MolliMayhem Wanderer Bronze Founder

I don't really see the need for it if the game is fun, but if they put one in I don't really care which one it is. I suppose that the one that doesn't require consecutive logins is maybe friendlier since it tracks playtime rather than "requiring" that you log in every day, so I voted for that one.

4. BunnyBerserk

BunnyBerserk Inquisitive

Hmm, the loging reward will cleary not fit in this game, it's a forceable mechanic that will annoy you with time. But from the both choises i will pick the second, maybe a playtime bar that fills and once it's full you can claim EXP to level up.

5. NorthernHermit

NorthernHermit Rookie Founder

Note that this WILL BE F2P at some point so login rewards will be required like in NA/EU BDO and GW2 too :)

6. BunnyBerserk

BunnyBerserk Inquisitive

F2P ??? I don't think so, they must be crazy to destroy such a great game with F2P launch, i bet it's going ot be B2P at least 30€

7. NorthernHermit

"F2P vs B2P
    Maybe in some future the game will go f2p way. But in the meantime (at least 1 year) it won't happen. Upon Steam release we will still use b2p." Source: Information up to date so it will be something like what GW2 did too.

8. MolliMayhem

MolliMayhem Wanderer Bronze Founder

Personally I kind of hate F2P games...should at least have to BUY it.
    If the game is good enough I don't even really mind a subscription model, but I guess those have fallen out of favor in the past few years.

9. OctoberNight

OctoberNight Cookies Golden Founder

A subscription model is an incredibly hard sell these days. Just about ever recently released game that had a subscription model was forced to go F2P or B2P. Only a small hand full of games that have been around for a long time have been able to successfully maintain a subscription model. If PG can successfully maintain a B2P model I am all for it but I just don't see it happening in the face of an increasing competitive F2P environment we have today.

This is all good stuff thought gives the devs a bit of insight as far as how we all feel on the subject of B2P, F2P and login reward systems.

10. Criterion

You realize, right, that what this says is that there are no plans for F2P at this time? "Maybe" does not mean "WILL" as you said in a previous post. It means they aren't specifically ruling it out, but they're certainly not planning for it any time soon either.

11. NorthernHermit

I assume it means early access because steam early access release happen at fall 2016.

12. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

@Criterion is right

13. NorthernHermit

So PG will not go F2P at official release ?

14. BunnyBerserk

BunnyBerserk Inquisitive

Information up to date
    "Maybe in some future the game will go f2p way. But in the meantime (at least 1 year) it won't happen. Upon Steam release we will still use b2p." This game should not go F2P even after a year imo

15. Bacterial

TBD atm

16. NorthernHermit

Okay thank you :)

17. Bacterial

you are welcome

18. Criterion

I am legitimately curious why anyone would think that as I've never seen this advertised as a F2P game.

19. BunnyBerserk

BunnyBerserk Inquisitive

Me neither, B2P is perfect.... i don't want to deal with 12 yo kids and cheaters tbh

MolliMayhem and Criterion like this.
  20. kristakis

kristakis misses faufau :( Golden Founder

Personally I don't like login rewards because I'm overly aware of the various psychological mechanisms used in games to retain players. It pushes my buttons :D

But those mechanisms work on the vast majority of players so if we are to have them then they should be ones that don't penalise you for missing a day. The rewards should be constant rather than increasing or if they do increase then they should cap out after say a week or so.

Criterion and MolliMayhem like this.