Loot boxes suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GunDragon, Feb 8, 2016.

1. GunDragon

GunDragon Rookie

I want the loot box system to be built in a way that when you kill mobs to get to the loot box if some random player comes up to the box while you are killing the mobs they can not steal your loot. I run into that kind of loot stealing in every mmo! We need game developers to stand up for us! Do you other players feel the same way? I know that most of the time it is noobs that are new to MMO's need to be taught that there need to be manners in the game too, without harsh punishment unless they are level 40ish and still trying to steal. I plan to become a founder soon too. I just need to get a ride to a bank.

GrumpStump likes this.
  2. GrumpStump

GrumpStump Rookie Golden Founder

Some of the games make the loot 'personal'. Only you can even see it. I like that in a game.

GrumpStump

MolliMayhem likes this.
  3. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

That is by far the best way to do it. You and only you see your loot on the ground. No one else sees it but you.

Loot boxes are totally non-immersive.

Genom has said they want loot drops to make sense - like having the collectors drop loot they have found - Raiders drop Raider gear etc. etc.

Having loot get given in a box makes no sense in the game world at all and should be avoided.

Having a Raider fight you wearing armor and using a gun which he drops when you kill him - that makes sense!

MolliMayhem and GrumpStump like this.
  4. NewbieGummi

NewbieGummi Firestarter Founder

Does your suggestion make sense? The less restrictions the game has - the more it is fun to play it. I do agree that the loot needs to be restricted, but I think it should be done in a minimal way. Let's say a minute or so it is available to be picked only by you, and after that time anyone can pick it.

5. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

I do not think we want loot lying on the ground so long that someone can run through killing things but not picking up loot, and then hours later another person finds piles of loot. It might be 'realistic' but it would kind of break the loot system as then a new character could find piles of loot for doing nothing other than walking around.

I don't know how long the despawn timer should be, but it certainly must be long enough that a player can finish combat and then collect dropped loot. Nothing is more frustrating than being in a fight and seeing loot despawn before the fight is over!

The reason games implement loot being only seen by the person who can pick it up is to make it simple so that people do not see loot, then try to pick it up and find they can't. In games where it is implemented it works very smoothly and works well.

It keeps the 'immersion' feel. It prevents loot stealing. It keeps the graphical overhead lower...

MolliMayhem and GrumpStump like this.