1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Map Markers?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MolliMayhem, May 24, 2016.

1. MolliMayhem

MolliMayhem Wanderer Bronze Founder

Spent a few hours on Genom yesterday and have a suggestion. I love the way we do NOT have "quest markers" over NPCs heads like a lot of MMOs, and I like that we don't have the big flashing arrows etc. that lead you around, however I do think it would be helpful to have a mini-map marker on the quest NPC for the mission you are trying to track.

I must have spent 30 minutes running back and forth trying to remember where someone was, and for those of us who are "casual" gamers, meaning we don't have but maybe a couple hours a day to play, it felt frustrating.

Yes, it's more "realistic", but alternatively, in real life we would be able to ask other people where to find someone or some place rather than just running around looking. Also, unfortunately, asking in the game chat doesn't always or even usually get you any answers.

I don't know if it's maybe planned or not,but it would be nice to have a little bit more help with finding the NPCs we need to complete a mission.

KingPauli, kristakis, Wyntyr and 2 others like this.
  2. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

quests markers are planned for MAIN questline, no markers (maybe area markers) for SIDE quests iirc

3. MolliMayhem

That sounds good! :D

4. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

The less we are treated as either idiots or babies (depending upon your point of view) the better...

Giant light bulbs all over and post-process effects destroy the immersion of games and should not be used.

A gentle hint on the mini-map is fine, as we can turn the mini-map off if we want.

OP is right on target - without a light bulb and red outline either!

MolliMayhem likes this.
  5. VanValdenburg

VanValdenburg Rookie Founder

Have to agree with OP that it is very refreshing without giant map markers for the quests.
    Imo it would be anough to highlight the area the NPC is in. For example the medical station. Just tell us the NPC is in the medical station and do that for all areas. Like the warehouse is not really visible. Make a big ass sign that says warehouse or highlight these areas on the map :)
    I really like the non mainstream approach of the quests but sometimes it can get frustrating.

6. Wyntyr

Wyntyr Rookie Founder

+1

Can we set waypoints? I haven't played much...

MolliMayhem likes this.
  7. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

for now we are testing basic mechanics, like movement and etc., waypoints are more like «cosmetic change», will definitely consider to add them with devs tho

Wyntyr and MolliMayhem like this.
  8. MolliMayhem

The ability to add personal waypoints to your map would be an awesome help!! If those waypoints were also visible to your group that would be even better.

Wyntyr and lightpyro like this.