Maybe a bit early but... which path are you going to choose?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by GlitchyGirl, Dec 14, 2015.

1. GlitchyGirl

GlitchyGirl Inquisitive Golden Founder

Well, after reading the latest article I had to wonder what path is everyone going to choose?

As much as I enjoy playing the healing role, which one lead me to lean more towards mutations I honestly feel that I really want to lean towards being a synth. The reason being, that in fiction I was always more fascinated by androids, synthetics (blade runner), cyborgs (Battle Angel Alita, Armitage anyone? xD) , artificial humans (Nia Teppelin) and so on. Not to mention the idea of using the larger mechanized units, both support and assault seems kind of awesome! xD

So yeah, thoughts, feelings and ideas?

2. OctoberNight

OctoberNight Cookies Golden Founder

synthetics is likely the way I will go as well. Running around in a mech with big guns sounds like fun

3. svindler

svindler rigger Silver Founder

There are some stats about devices and pets. I hope devices will be drones, turrets, etc and I think they will also require cybernetics so synthetics too :)

4. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

all hail synths o/ o/ o/

5. Sahelanthropus

Sahelanthropus Space engineer Founder

Ugh I'll stick to being human xD

6. GlitchyGirl

I'm glad people are doing so. Despite enjoying what I enjoy, I also feel bad when you don't have any people enjoying the game with other races/classes. In some ways it really just seems unfair to me >.< So I do hope to see a good mix of human and mutant players too!

Though I do have a cool idea! I'm not sure if it would be possible, or if it'd be too much work for the devs. But it would be awesome to see our character change in appearance over time as they start to become more of a mutant, synthetic and so on as they modify their organs etc. To add to the mix the devs (as they have time mind you!) can make different variations of each subtle change so that the changes that occur per organ (organel?) are randomly chosen to give a varied appearance from player to player!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    OctoberNight and Sahelanthropus like this.
  7. OctoberNight

OctoberNight Cookies Golden Founder

agree with you on hoping to see lots of players playing the other options it kinds makes a game feel less fun and a bit stale when everyone ends up following the same cookie cutter build.

I am also a big fan of the idea of the look of your character changing as you start to go down your chosen path of progression.

GlitchyGirl likes this.
  8. GlitchyGirl

I agree 100 percent! In fact, when I play such games especially when I see a "cookie cutter build" type thing being the norm I try to go for the unusual. Because in every instance even a cookie cutter is not the best, especially when people are building counter builds to only deal with said cookie cutter build! As such, it really does throw people when I do that.

For example in games such as ARK (I suck at FPSes but it's so fun), whereas the norm seems to put point points into HP/Constitution, I ended up putting all my points into agility. (results in a super fast, super funny character that seems to break the game a bit since it's too fast to keep up with the game's latency/reporting of position) Doing so ends up confusing players as I just dance around picking them to death, or running through the forest slowly killing them in there xD

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    OctoberNight likes this.
  9. Cavadus

Cavadus Inquisitive Silver Founder

I'll stick to human, most likely. Maybe a few cybernetic things if there's something I truly can't pass up. I'm most interested in the mechs but when on foot I tend to specialize in rifles, grenades, and some mild speed/stealth type stuff. Usually whatever I can pull off in whatever armor is the balanced type.

GlitchyGirl likes this.
  10. SomeUnregPunk

SomeUnregPunk Inquisitive Golden Founder

I like sniping and I live grenades.... so I guess whatever lets me do both with the best efficiency will be where I'll head.
    Be that human, mutant or mech.

Vesta likes this.
  11. Vesta

Vesta 3D modeller Staff Member

Its interesting for me to be by everyone in our game :)
    I would start from mutant may be.( I want to see how the model I made will look at the game) :D

12. Sachek

Sachek Old School Founder

I've always been a run and gunner - doesn't really matter whether I'm human or not, as long as I can shoot things in the face :D

GlitchyGirl likes this.
  13. Khalith

Khalith Rookie

My preferences vary, but I generally go for two types of builds:

1. Something with the heaviest armor and a heavy weapon that is able to absorb and dish out quite a bit of damage at the cost of mobility.

2. Highly mobile light armored melee focused, stealth or non-stealth.

I'm hoping I can do both once I get the money to get a founder's pack and get in.

14. Pighead Elderberry

Pighead Elderberry Wanderer Golden Founder

==
    Movement vs. Armor:

I usually like mobility over armor, because I like to always run or walk (or glide) and not drive vehicles so much.

==
    Weapon Type:

I like feeling like I am aiming to hit targets not just pointing in a direction and hoping. I am not a 'spray and pary' shooter.

For example, on Firefall I like Recons a lot for this reason. FF Charge Rifle is really good because we can aim at long range with a scope at far off targets for critical shots like head shots AND we can use it at close range so we can run into battle close up if we want and shoot from the hip - all with the same weapon even.

So a weapon like a Sniper rifle or a semi-automatic Assault Rifle that has long range AND can do close combat if required.

Alternately, a long range weapon with high damage and a scope for the one type, and a secondary weapon of high damage, semi-automatic fire and moderate range accomplishes the same thing.

==
    Genom Weapons

For the above reasons, I like the Pistols in Genom because it is more of an aiming based weapon than the Assualt Rifle that sprays a stream of bullets.

==
    Reasons?

The aiming and high damage makes me feel like I am doing something. Just holding a stream of bullets on an enemy and watching his health bar slowly go down while he does the same to me is not as interesting to me for play.

Aiming and higher damage is also more like 'real world' hunting where you have a small chance to get one or two good shots before your target will run away (although wounded).

==
    --- Dec 30, 2015 ---
    Synth, human, mech?

I am sure I will play all of them - absolutely, but...

In most games if I have a choice to NOT be Human, then I will NOT be human.

I expect I will try:

1) Synth

2) Mech

3) Human

Synth may look the best too!

15. Laeesh

Laeesh Rookie Founder

1) Synth
    2) Human
    3) Mutant

=)