1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Mob level stages and biological research

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Okis, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Okis

Okis Rookie

Idea is simple. Just like Pods that land on ground and start growing through stages - mobs that spawn on map would grow over stages over a certain time if they are not killed. If there was no player activity in a certain area - mobs have fully mutated into strongest beasts and you would surely have a hard time and need to team up or look for support to deal with it.
    This way you would not know what to expect at any area you enter, how dangerous it may be over there, what has changed since last player entering there.
    Re-spawned mobs could be weak and squishy but could grow into some kind of elite mini-boss. If all re-spawned mobs happens to grow into beasts - well tough life , deal with it. Maintain the map area more often.

Research part is simple to. As you progress in a game you would scan with some kind of mini-drone every new mob you find. Since mobs would have growth stages you would have to scan it at every state go gather full knowledge of its life and biological structure. This could give you extra bonuses on mobs you have fully researched. It may be more biological mass loot, may me 'mutogen serum' amount you can extract from it or even damage you can deal on it - you get the idea.
    I remember developers had a concept of information sharing in game through some interconnection between players, obviously for money. This would be fascinating ways of progression especially into lands you have never been at and want to have guarantee of survival or economical investment for a price.

What are your thoughts ?

2. Fairdwin

Fairdwin Rookie Silver Avalonian

This isn't a bad idea... not really. but also think about what would happen if there isn't much of a player base doing early content. I would say easy people into it, so the first few ?areas? don't have it and it slowly becomes more prevalent. This is important because you want people to get into the game not face a wall because there aren't enough people to deal with early game things and so on.

It would be optimal for this to be held until other planets, not the ?starting? one.

3. Okis

Okis Rookie

So your focus would be constantly just getting people to a game ? As if it will be Alfa for ever ? Concept should be introduced early on to make it a distinct feature of unpredictable world.
    Think a little wider.

Alien world is hostile. Around ark you could have bugs as they are because perimeter is always maintained by guards.
    Introduction to a world you would get through a small quest and since there is plenty equipment you can acquire and character lvl before you even leave station - you would be well prepared.
    In all fairness what you have now joining the game is teenagers who expect this game to be like all other projects. With quest trackers and pointy arrows just go there and click. With what i offered it could be a greater challenge and certainly not like other games.
    Game as is right now, you can finish in 3 days. Do you still see here all the players who joined since the launch ? NO. They saw it all in the game already and left until next patch hopefully comes along.

4. Fairdwin

Fairdwin Rookie Silver Avalonian

No, I'm talking about a more gradual interdiction, instead of full stop here it is.

And in regards to the rest? I don't really know or care, I like this game for it's potential. It will go places, I just want to see this game with a healthy player base in the long run. It hurts no one to be more gradual about intruding the mutations/growth factor you speak of. Keep in mind the long term as well as what you would like to see. It can all be balanced to work if you think on it long enough.

For me, the best parts of the game haven't even been added yet. Transhumanity HO! And the free form character development. It has great potential. Stuff no dev has tried before (to my knowledge). I don't want this to become a small niche game, not when it has the potential to become a huge title if handled with love, care, and pacing.

All that said, there is the appeal of a game that drops you off the deep end with a single floaty into a pool of sharks. That appeal lastes until you can do jack shit because of some trolls or greifers. I'm sure you can at least appreciate that?

5. Scraggles

Scraggles Rookie

A nice profile photo Okis, are you the guy in the photo or simply someone who spotted it ? The guy normally carries a bowl of tasty maggots around with him for the occasional snack :)

6. Okis

Okis Rookie

Thats how i look when we go wild with my wife :)

7. Scraggles

Scraggles Rookie

Good to know, as the snot is essentially fake and plugged into the nose :)

8. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive Golden Founder

I like the idea of the mobs "growing up", but I would probably want to tie their growth rate to the overall server population, so that things are not really wild for the people who play during the off hours, or the first peak-timers to login.
    The carrot for the player base would, presumably, be more powerful/higher quality loot and higher quality harvested items from the mobs (assuming the crafting cycle requires harvested items, of course).
    The research part is a good idea too - perhaps with the Research Data on a particular mob at a particular level being something that if a player doesn't want it (maybe they already have that data, and have collected it as a duplicate) then they can offer it for sale to other players via the Trade Terminals.

9. Natan66

Natan66 Rookie

how about instend of making the mob stronger there could spawn a elite,leader or boss mob (or evolve from a normal if too many player in area),that "buff" mobs nearby to increse the dif with more player.
    eg where the digger are:
    if few player no increse or only a small,
    with more player a digger guard that increse there life or give shild, life reg or something els
    and with many player a digger leader that increse 2-3 thinks like life atk def or has special effect like poision ,corrosiuon, stun or a aoe attack etc.

10. AOD_Cruxdaca

AOD_Cruxdaca Inquisitive

Well if nests evolve, it would be a rather awesome idea to have this implemented.