1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

My Current Suggestions Nov 24 2016

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kaori, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Kaori

Kaori Inquisitive Golden Founder

- Trading to your other characters through player housing (your cabin vault).
    - Trading with other players is done through syndicate housing, very similar to Warframe player trading.
    - Auctions should be restricted to a controlled market where each listing has a minimum and maximum of no more than, for example, 15% above and below the average of the last 25 sales.
    - Give players a toggle option to block mail from any players not on their friends list, or syndicate list.
    - For in-game mail, create mail tabs for General, Friends, and Syndicate. Within these tabs, give us the ability to select and delete messages individually or all at once.
    - Give us an automatic AFK after 5 minutes of inactivity, automatically log players out of game after 15 minutes of inactivity, and give a popup warning with a 60 second countdown before auto-logging players back out to character select.
    - There should be a 24 hour cool-down on character deletion after deleting your third character.
    - Give us the option to right click other players in chat and choose to /ignore, /whisper, /report, and /add friend. The ignore list should have the ability to hold 200 players with the ability to remove all/any of the players on the list.
    - If a player is reported for spam by a certain amount of players within a certain threshold of time, you could also implement an auto mute from zone, trade and/or global chat for 'X' minutes. This could be done as a "shadow mute" which is letting them type in chat, and they can see it, but the messages are not delivered to said channels for the specified time -- this helps to let the person 'vent' but prevents others from having to deal with rage and negativity for a while.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    hnom123, Fairdwin and strider6000 like this.
  2. DeadSkullzJr

DeadSkullzJr Phazon Army Leader Golden Founder

The AFK idea should just give a message automatically indicating afk, there should not be kicks, the only kicks that should exist is the squad kicks.
    I don't think the 24 hour character deletion idea is necessary, someone could easily take that name within 24 hours.

3. Kaori

AFK auto-logout is standard for MMORPG's and for many good reasons! It is going to be implemented in PG, I just kept it on this list because it is not in game yet (this list started with early access, I'm just posting it now ha ha)

24 hour cool-down on character deletion is for gold seller/spam control, among other things, and the most effect deterrent method to date without being obtrusive to your player base.

4. Dinariok

Dinariok Phazon Army Co-Leader Golden Founder

Good idea about different tabs for in-game mail.
    I wouldn't refuse to see separate tabs for in-game chat (at least for syndicate and whispers)

Kaori likes this.
  5. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

new UI is being tested as well... :)

Kaori likes this.
  6. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive Golden Founder

I like the ideas :)
    The only issue I have is ironically with the auto-mute. Star Wars The Old Republic has this kind of system in place, and in many cases there seem to be people muted because they have said something that offended a person in a large guild who then got 20-30 of their guild-mates to report the person. There are ways around that kind of thing, but it needs to be carefully managed, otherwise you find that the ones being banned are not the trolls but the people speaking against the troll-with-friends.

As a trading system, the best one I have found myself is EVE Online. Jita Local chat is a cess pool of scammers and con-artists peddling misleading direct contracts, but the way the economy works with buy-orders, sell-orders, partial fulfillment and auto-execution is great.
    Star Wars Galaxies also had a very useful trading system, with the ability to set up NPC vendors in player or guild/syndicate housing, and stock storage areas. Writing about it is just getting me nostalgic for the Mos Eisley Cantina, though :p

7. Kaori

@Stolpskott

That's a fair point! Maybe we will be fine just relying on the /ignore and /report features, which will still give GM assistance when needed.

I think EVE and SWG had some good trading features as well! As long as records are kept of each transaction and the trading systems are secure and don't break the economy, I'll be happy!

8. caino666

caino666 Rookie

In order to keep the economy balanced, this system would also require an incentive to delete credits otherwise the currency will inflate. Things such as monthly competitions for super rare items where the winner is decided on who is willing to spend the most credits, for example, with additional tiered rewards given out depending on the % you end up in - these rewards would of course need to be desirable in order to keep people draining their credits.

9. Cathy Toshlyra

Cathy Toshlyra Rookie Bronze Founder

Just saying, if we are having a 24 hour character deletion we also should have a "maintain character name" as possible "option" to a char that is going to be deleted...

means when your character is called Elephant Man then you delete him you can "check" that option to save the name for your next creation.

Auto AFK kick should be 15 minutes not 5... sometimes i eat something while still reading the chat but both hands are dirty with food so i cant touch anything until i am done, or i take a shower and don't want o watch the endlessly long U4 logo after relog...

Kaori likes this.
  10. Kaori

I like your idea of reserving your characters name to recreate them.

The AFK kick I suggested is 15 minutes. 5 minutes simply flags you as AFK (and removes you from game after 15 total minutes of inactivity).

Cathy Toshlyra likes this.