• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

My Feedback (after 17 hours)

Overall I enjoyed my time in this game, up until the later levels (which I will explain in depth below).. I hope that your development team is working hard on this title (I bought the game + the silver level package because I believe in the game and its potential) and I haven't been taken advantage of, I do realize what EA means, but it is a two way street.

The Good
  • Armor, weapon models and animations
    Whomever is doing your armor models has amazing talent. They are amazing!
  • Environments
    They need a lot of work, but I can see where you are going with them. The dump and Science Camp are some great looking environments.
  • Skill trees
    I like the branches offering specific bonuses. These work well, and reward the time invested in them, aside from a couple points I will elaborate on below.

Things that could be improved
  • Story
    It's really rough, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of cohesion with what the character is doing there. I am sure you guys will be looking at this more closely further down the dev cycle but it is really disjointed right now.
  • Skill point scaling
    IMO this should be a flat scale, not curved. I found myself looking more and more at exploiting just to get the next armor and weapon level unlocked. Seemed like a huge time sink and not very rewarding the most "grindy" aspect of the game.
  • Quest markers
    Yes, I understand that community building and making quest guides is part of MMOs. But there is a fine line between being a pain in the ♥♥♥, and hunt/find quests being fun. Most MMO players just want to progress and get that next hit of dopamine to the system. Also, having a visual clue that a marker is above or below you would help a lot. There is a lot of verticality in this game, and I found myself running in circles a lot only to discover that something was above or below me.
  • Skill use on weapons during combat
    I would like the ability to fire off skills when I want to, not being at the mercy of chance.
  • Shadows
    Can we get shadows turned on? I think it would make the environments even more amazing.
  • Day/Night cycle
    Is this on the roadmap anywhere?

Things you should do away with
  • Voices
    Just do away with voices entirely until you can afford some voice talent, they do nothing for the game and are really not needed. People can read.

Bugs
  • Landscape collisions
    I found myself getting stuck on roads and curves on the landscape a lot. I would spend time making sure that the landscape is dialed in before moving on to bigger and better things. It is really jarring to be trying to move in combat only to have the edge of a road stop you.
  • Weapons lock up after running out of ammo
    I was unable to switch to a different weapon after running out of ammo on a weapon. I could work around this by changing zones (ark surroundings to harbinger for instance). Restocking ammo sometimes fixed it. This would happen some times when I am not out of ammo, though I could not figure out how to recreate it.

For now, I am going to put this game on the shelf, at least, until another update or two comes out. I wish your team the best of luck in development and hope to see this come to final release as the SciFi MMOFPS genre seriously needs some good games. I have been waiting for something since Anarchy Online, and am still waiting.

I hope that my feedback does not fall on deaf ears, as I realize the risk of supporting EA games, I also don't like the money I donate to be wasted (looking at you The Repopulation).

Best of luck with developing your game.

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
Thanks for your feedback ;)
PS I think you should check weekly dev updates.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
Overall I enjoyed my time in this game, up until the later levels (which I will explain in depth below).. I hope that your development team is working hard on this title (I bought the game + the silver level package because I believe in the game and its potential) and I haven't been taken advantage of, I do realize what EA means, but it is a two way street.

The Good
  • Armor, weapon models and animations
    Whomever is doing your armor models has amazing talent. They are amazing!
  • Environments
    They need a lot of work, but I can see where you are going with them. The dump and Science Camp are some great looking environments.
  • Skill trees
    I like the branches offering specific bonuses. These work well, and reward the time invested in them, aside from a couple points I will elaborate on below.

Things that could be improved
  • Story
    It's really rough, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of cohesion with what the character is doing there. I am sure you guys will be looking at this more closely further down the dev cycle but it is really disjointed right now.
  • Skill point scaling
    IMO this should be a flat scale, not curved. I found myself looking more and more at exploiting just to get the next armor and weapon level unlocked. Seemed like a huge time sink and not very rewarding the most "grindy" aspect of the game.
  • Quest markers
    Yes, I understand that community building and making quest guides is part of MMOs. But there is a fine line between being a pain in the ♥♥♥, and hunt/find quests being fun. Most MMO players just want to progress and get that next hit of dopamine to the system. Also, having a visual clue that a marker is above or below you would help a lot. There is a lot of verticality in this game, and I found myself running in circles a lot only to discover that something was above or below me.
  • Skill use on weapons during combat
    I would like the ability to fire off skills when I want to, not being at the mercy of chance.
  • Shadows
    Can we get shadows turned on? I think it would make the environments even more amazing.
  • Day/Night cycle
    Is this on the roadmap anywhere?

Things you should do away with
  • Voices
    Just do away with voices entirely until you can afford some voice talent, they do nothing for the game and are really not needed. People can read.

Bugs
  • Landscape collisions
    I found myself getting stuck on roads and curves on the landscape a lot. I would spend time making sure that the landscape is dialed in before moving on to bigger and better things. It is really jarring to be trying to move in combat only to have the edge of a road stop you.
  • Weapons lock up after running out of ammo
    I was unable to switch to a different weapon after running out of ammo on a weapon. I could work around this by changing zones (ark surroundings to harbinger for instance). Restocking ammo sometimes fixed it. This would happen some times when I am not out of ammo, though I could not figure out how to recreate it.

For now, I am going to put this game on the shelf, at least, until another update or two comes out. I wish your team the best of luck in development and hope to see this come to final release as the SciFi MMOFPS genre seriously needs some good games. I have been waiting for something since Anarchy Online, and am still waiting.

I hope that my feedback does not fall on deaf ears, as I realize the risk of supporting EA games, I also don't like the money I donate to be wasted (looking at you The Repopulation).

Best of luck with developing your game.
A little late but that's alright, I would consider checking News for the latest information and or changes, you can also check the Discord server linked here Project Genom Discord Server for the latest information.

Top Bottom