• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

News 1.12.2016

BAGAMUT

CM / Game Designer
Staff member
Friends, as you know, we keep on developing Project Genom. Due to some recent unexpected occurrences, we have to revise a part of the existing game aspects.

Most of the development time is spent on programming. Nevertheless, the rest of the team still continues to work hard!

What we have done so far:

• Completely reorganized the work process;

• Launched the new servers with the dynamical balancing;

• Transferred Project Genom to the latest Unreal Engine v.4.14;

• Set up a new version of, tasking and document management control system;

• Optimized shaders for all game locations;

• Revised the project structure;

• Revised the windows in terms of adaptability;

• Improved the design of inventory, main menu, dialogs, "eyes", the main HUD and some other windows:

• Made the decision to increase the Avalon’s open-world size 10 times! You can check out the new map size below:

• Redesigned the NPCs’ head models due to graphics improvement and the ability to add facial expressions.

• Transferred all the characters and NPCs to a single skeleton structure;

• made some new NPC models of the Harbinger inhabitants:

• Changed the skeleton structure, added some bones for facial expressions;

• Worked on the NPCs movement directions system depending on the game time;

• Implemented system of covering behind objects for enemies with firearms;

• Adapted the old quests to the new mechanics;

• Made new sounds for environment, surroundings, and enemies;

The project has entered a new development stage. Someone may dislike what we do. Others may share our joy when we succeed, and frustration when we suffer setbacks. In any case, we continue developing the game in spite of any difficulties that arise in front of us.

Thank you all, see you soon in Genom’s world!

PgMalice

Inquisitive
Look Forward to see your Game Evolve an Grow an become more Vibrant Keep up the Awesome Work

Bladed Fury

Inquisitive
I can't wait to see all the new improvements. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing your progress with us.

Looking good, Bagamut :)
It is nice to see the team moving past recent challenges, and tapping some of the potential that the game has.
I, and the rest of the community too, look forward to seeing what else you and the NH team can come up with!

E

ENFORCER

looks very good update, but please make your best for not wipe players database, that is what really worry me.

Sparzy

Inquisitive
Can't wait, to me i wouldn't really care if there was a toon wipe. It'd probably make it easier for the team and make this version come out faster.

It's easy enough to lvl a toon anyway. Please could we get a rough ETA?

Top Bottom