• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Next update > Character wipe or reset ?

I wanted to know if I should bother trying to level my armor and weapons ...
Wondering if when the game get's updated (in 4 days ?) will our characters get wiped or reset ?

I hope not.
And "screw" the so called "unfair advantage" of not wiping our characters, because we bought the game and DLC (I did at least, I have all the DLC installed), and have persisted through the barrage of negative reviews and shown a lot of patience.

So I really hope my already hours of leveling Armor & Weapons will not go to waste.

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
The game won’t «be updated in 4 days», PTS will be open in 4 days (approximately). Devs want to avoid wipes if they can. We appreciate your support, thanks.

DeadSkullzJr

Phazon Clan Leader
Gold Founder
I don't think a wipe will happen on the live game until the new patch is out for it, from what I saw on one of the News posts. It was mentioned that there would be a wipe once this patch goes live for the live game. I think it was because the developers didn't want messed up progressions to happen after the patch comes out.

LogDawg

Raider
Gold Avalon
There is so many changes and improvements and additions coming there's no way it wont wipe when the update goes public.

svindler

Resident Of Avalon
Silver Founder
In case they won't wipe, I, myself will delete the shit out of my old character and than I will be stuck on the character customization screen approximately half a day :)

Criterion

Inquisitive
If it wipes i hope its a big HUGE update then i wont feel too bad
Well, I think I would call basically re-writing the game in the last few months a pretty big HUGE update.

Other than that, the game is still in alpha. ALPHA. The foundation is there but the core mechanics are still being implemented. Something people need to understand is that this is not a finished game. This is an early testing stage. The idea of coming in and expecting any progression at this point to be kept through full release is somewhat unrealistic... to put it mildly.

And "screw" the so called "unfair advantage" of not wiping our characters
It's NOTHING to do with any "unfair advantage", and everything to do with major changes in the game. Trying to keep some semblance of backwards compatibility with current database form and structures can absolutely have a horrifically detrimental effect to a games development. I've been through many game "migrations" of game data due to massive updates and I can tell you. It ain't pretty. It's a massive PITA for both devs and players, with many things sometimes broken beyond repair. This is an alpha test, not a finished game. If you want to keep progression and play the game, wait till it's done. Otherwise, test the alpha build and report bugs, things you like and things you don't like, because that's what it's here for.

Last edited:
I for one hope they wipe, even veteran players need to really feel how it is starting from scratch every so often so that they have a bigger overview of the core problems, if any, and where to head for the future of the game in terms of new player experience and accessibility.

pector

Error 404: Title not found
Gold Founder
My insider tells me that there will be a wipe because they are using a new DB for the coming update.

Veteran or not, there needs to be a wipe because of progression issues previously abused on live game. And that's not taking into account the new DB I briefly mentioned.

Cheers

pec

Scraggles

Inquisitive
seems fair enough, made early mistakes with no way to get points back, so will play the pst and not bother with the main game as a wipe is likely, would need to know when it is safe to play and that there are no more wipes, as if I spend time after the next wipe and there is another wipe, would probably uninstall the game

Top Bottom