• Technical support is temporarily provided through the Discord

Open letter from NeuronHaze about removal the game from Steam

Kaori

Wanderer
I will be here until the plug is pulled on the game servers, the forums, and the communities built around the game such as those on Discord and Reddit. Though I hope that won't happen for a long time.

Mistakes were made.

None of this changes the friendships that I have gained, the joy we have shared and the hope we have in common.

I've been a gamer for all my life. I don't blame anyone for moving on to play a more popular game with less turmoil, but I am too invested in this community to simply walk away. I too, am here for the long haul!

strider6000

Raider
Gold Avalon
I will be here until the plug is pulled on the game servers, the forums, and the communities built around the game such as those on Discord and Reddit. Though I hope that won't happen for a long time.

Mistakes were made.

None of this changes the friendships that I have gained, the joy we have shared and the hope we have in common.

I've been a gamer for all my life. I don't blame anyone for moving on to play a more popular game with less turmoil, but I am too invested in this community to simply walk away. I too, am here for the long haul!
I second this! It is not always the game that gives enjoyment but the community and friends you make along your journey that bring that smile out.

caino666

Raider
Gold Avalon
I must be the only person who is not expecting to find any friends. I don't have a good personality.

I'm here for two reasons. Firstly, the bragging rights of being an old-timer. Secondly, to use all of the features as they are released. I want to capitalize on everything that happens, be there when everything happens, know the entire history of the game as it is made.

And this game WILL attain a long history.

Deimos

Wanderer
If the developers committed any wrong doing, they would of pulled the servers the second the game got removed from Steam and not engaged directly in chatbox communication with users. This is my opinion, shows that this guy who is directly trying to slander the reputation of this company is infact trying to extort money based off this toolkit he sold on sellify, which has since been removed.

Mistakes were made.

SOLREAPER

Inquisitive
Sad to hear about what had transpired.
Thank you for being transparent with the community.
I am still supportive of PG so just take the time needed to re-code and release a better version of the game.

Bacterial

PG Community Overlord
Staff member
I am still supportive of PG so just take the time needed to re-code and release a better version of the game.
thanks.

Sabre

Raider
Gold Avalon
I agree with you, and I want to see this game reach its full potential.

n0nnex

Inquisitive
In my oppinion (looking soly on the health of the Project) it would have been better to refrain from direct name calling. Transparency to the community/public is nice, but personal mudslinging is a bit out of place when beeing on a professional level like Business, Marketing, Success etc.
I can understand the rage and personal disapointments, but...
Just my 5 cents, not that someone is interested in, but anyway... Such things does left a very bad taste behind and do even more harm to the brand, existing or future partnerships and so on.
I hope you guys (all parties) will find a way with "common sense". Take a breath, developing Games and doing "successful" (all aspects) projects aint easy. If it would be, everybody could do it ;)

Good luck all n' all the best.

Last edited:

Windir

Inquisitive
This whole thing reminds me of a title of a CD.
Three Sides to every Story - yours, mine and the truth.

I'll wait and see what happens next. I hope that things will turn out well since that game has a lot of potential.

Deimos

Wanderer
I feel that making someone accept responsibility for their actions can only be obtained by public shaming. This guy, if he did what they said he did, should be called out for future devs to see.

n0nnex

Inquisitive
Yeah, I'm with you regarding responsibility.

From my point of view I do only constructively criticise the choice of "public shaming" as an instrument taken. It is one of many options, sure, but not the best pick I think. This measure has an unnecessary backslash and resulted in harm to the Brand (see international Press).

How ever, I'm glad that the case seemingly could have been solved now and after some time the "scandal" will be dead and buried (hopefully). ;)

Last edited:

Deimos

Wanderer
Still this could potentially leave a black mark regardless on the brand. The game shall move forward though.

Jupiter8

Resident Of Avalon
Gold Founder
I think the programmers are now on the right track. The PTS is great. This is going to be rumbling. Steam evaluations go up.

Above all, because this lazy, incapable and idle chief programmer Artem Stehnovsky is finally gone. He is now known world-wide for his laziness and incompetence and is now the pride of his whole family. He will hopefully not get a job in the IT industry. Perhaps there is a job at the rubbish dump or dirty washing would be also for him. If he has enough money then he should pay back every single dollar from the Genom Project to the real dev team and the community !!!

ah so just as he stated in his reddit post they are attacking him any way they can for bring them out on their wrongful conduct lol:

This still doesn't change the fact that Steam seen a clear violation and removed PG from their store... That is the most important part to all this that too many are just ignoring. I said before and will say again.. Steam does NOT just randomly remove games from some random claim... They found CLEAR evidence that PG violated their copyright agreement and so they did the only thing steam can do and that's refuse to sell the game anymore.

As for servers, development, etc... PG can still do whatever they want with it but until Steam receives legal documentation that proves PG is not violating the copyright anymore then you won't see it back on steam again... That's just simple fact sry if you don't agree. That will most likely not happen due to the fact that it's a Russian dev group fighting a Belgium developer dealing with U.S. Copyright Act.

I made an account here just so I can reply to this since you are incorrect and misinforming people.

Please do a quick google search on Steam DMCA policy or speak to steam,

"This still doesn't change the fact that Steam seen a clear violation and removed PG from their store... "

Whenever a DMCA is received Steam's policy is to pull the game from the store AND THEN commence an investigation or wait until it's outcome. It doesn't matter who, what, where, why, when.

It's happened for many other games, and then the game comes back later if there's no issue.

Steam is just protecting itself legally so it developed this policy. Please dont spread rumours or misinformation

I can link my steam account here to show I am not affiliated with either party, just wanting to purchase the game lol

Penzoil3

Raider
Silver Avalon
MM why bother, the game is dead. The devs haven't posted since December. You were answering a thread from last year anyway, regarding a problem from 2016.

Top Bottom