1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Open letter from NeuronHaze about removal the game from Steam

Discussion in 'Information' started by Bacterial, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

Open letter from the company NeuronHaze.

Friends, we are writing this letter with great regret - Project Genom was removed from the sales on Steam. But we know whom to thank for this!
    Thank you, Artem Stehnovsky, better known under the nickname CodeSpartan - MMO Starter Kit
    https://vk.com/cacofiend

This guy:
    • Was receiving salary 100k rubles monthly, when the rest of the team received much less or didn't receive any at all
    • When the game was close to EA on Steam - he stated that he couldn't work because "suddenly" a house repair was started. In this regard, the team allocated 240k rubles so he could hire workers and continue to write the code.
    • After receiving the money he disappeared without doing virtually nothing on what was agreed. So a month before EA release the team had to find a new programmer quickly.
    • After the release on Steam he began to blackmail the team, that if he won't take 10% of sales income, he will lodge a complaint with Steam (there is correspondence). Unfortunately, Valve policy is when filing a complaint to resolve the issue (in court or otherwise) so Valve takes the game from sale, and thats what the scammers use.
    • Artem had agreed (there is correspondence) that we will pay him 1.5kk rubles up until 20.12.2016. We have prepared and agreed with the text of the agreement with him, but Artem has never signed it.
    • As of today, 22.11.2016, the conditions of the agreements are not violated by us, and we received the notice of removal the game from Steam, based on a letter received from Artem.

The essence of blackmail is to ensure that the code is his intellectual property, even though he was paid money for it, and at the moment this code was replaced by the code of other programmers.

As a result, we hired three programmers who created the code from scratch - thats the reason behind current delay in the project's development, as there is an insane amount of errors, results in the game just did not work at the required level.

We do not recommend you to work with Artem Stehnovsky.
    We will do everything we possibly can to bring back the game in Steam in the nearest future.
    You do not need to worry about the fate of the project. All copyrights belong to NeuronHaze.
    We will continue to work on the project, and prepare the new version.
    We sued Artem Stehnovsky in connection with violation of the DMCA 512f point and will demand compensation for all damages.
    We sued Artem Stehnvsky under article 163 of the Criminal Code : "Extortion"
    We apologize to all the users who want to buy the game - currently it is impossible to buy the game on Steam, but it is available to users who have purchased it before.

Be careful not to operate with scammers.

Team NeuronHaze

DarkCisum, Yotan Annyo, Gauna and 4 others like this.
  2. Deimos

Deimos Inquisitive Golden Founder

I would see that this guy is put out of business for good. Any ETA when the game will be back up? Thanks for the update.

3. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

Approximately 10 days. I will keep you guys updated if anything.

Yotan Annyo, Sabre and Laeesh like this.
  4. Spagex

Spagex Rookie Bronze Avalonian

Pro tip for everyone who wants to know more about the current situation of Project Genom: Join the Discord server, which you can read more about at Project Genom Discord Server

5. Deimos

I filed a complaint with sellify, I advise everyone else to do the same.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Демон Лис Silver Founder

Do not give up, do not be discouraged, you will succeed, we believe in you!

Sabre, BADpEnNy and Vesta like this.
  7. Stolpskott

Stolpskott Inquisitive

It is a hard lesson, but also a well-learned one, that things like contracts and agreements cannot always hold people to behave responsibly. Better to find this out now, and deal with the problem at this point, than to have the issue at a later stage such as just before the official release :)
    The product and the rest of the team are still worth backing, and that is what we are going to do.

BADpEnNy and Spagex like this.
  8. MolliMayhem

MolliMayhem Wanderer Bronze Founder

I'm sad to hear of this problem. I do hope you can get the game finished and have success.

BADpEnNy likes this.
  9. Spagex

Spagex Rookie Bronze Avalonian

I am pretty sure they will manage to get through and continue working on the upcoming update. All we can do now is hope and tell everyone who is wondering where the game went what happened.

10. Deimos

They fix it. This game is their baby and they will nurture it.
    --- Nov 23, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]

11. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

ok and who is that , that's not the user who submitted the claim...

12. Deimos

13. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

ah so just as he stated in his reddit post they are attacking him any way they can for bring them out on their wrongful conduct lol:

This still doesn't change the fact that Steam seen a clear violation and removed PG from their store... That is the most important part to all this that too many are just ignoring. I said before and will say again.. Steam does NOT just randomly remove games from some random claim... They found CLEAR evidence that PG violated their copyright agreement and so they did the only thing steam can do and that's refuse to sell the game anymore.

As for servers, development, etc... PG can still do whatever they want with it but until Steam receives legal documentation that proves PG is not violating the copyright anymore then you won't see it back on steam again... That's just simple fact sry if you don't agree. That will most likely not happen due to the fact that it's a Russian dev group fighting a Belgium developer dealing with U.S. Copyright Act.

14. Deimos

Thats for a court to decide.

15. MACHIN3

MACHIN3 Inquisitive

yep, which anyone with any experience in courts knows that takes FOREVER..... won't be settled in no 10 days like some suggest unless they plan to pay off the accuser and then have them close the claim within steam (handled outside of court).. Could happen and probably the only way we will see PG back on Steam anytime within then next few months...

16. hnom123

hnom123 Wanderer

Do not expect too much from this project. Do not make it the meaning of your life. In this situation, it is better not to wait for anything, and then you will not be disappointed.

MACHIN3 likes this.
  17. Deimos

I am for the community and I feel it will overcome. All roads eventually become bumpy. I am in for the long haul.

Sabre, Fairdwin, Dragux and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bladed Fury

Bladed Fury Rookie

I will be patient and hope that the current DEV team prevails quickly. Especially if they are busy replacing the disputed code. It is truly a shame when situations like this occur and all we can do is wait for resolution. I will continue to play the game and be involved as much as possible. Outside of the issues with the disagreement between the different parties, this is a cool game concept and I am really looking forward to seeing it delivered in full. So, game on my friends!

Fairdwin and Bacterial like this.
  19. caino666

caino666 Rookie

Ah wonderful.

So:
    CodeSpartan was fired for spending a month without working.
    He's claiming that the code is his Intellectual Property because no formal agreement was signed regarding ownership.
    The lack of updates has been due to the entire game being rewritten in a different code.

Great... Well... Write the code faster than the lawyers can write lawsuits!

Choptimist, Kaori and Fairdwin like this.
  20. Scraggles

Scraggles Rookie

Well the game works, but has a habit of an infinite loading loop when moving between areas, shame that the "coder" shafted everyone