1. Hello everybody! We almost received awards from MMOsite, remained the last spurt! Please, if you have not did it - vote for us
    Dismiss Notice

Paint job

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by luciusruth, Oct 11, 2016.

1. luciusruth

luciusruth Inquisitive Golden Founder

Hi guys
    Of course character customization is important, but from tendency of tier 2 to 4 armors(did not see higher yet), one can assume that face will not be visible if helmet is on(but playing space marine is for when we are more badass) so only thing that would be noticeable would be body customization (height, weight, muscle tissue and similar, just cause you would be higher smaller wide or thin).

But if we had ability to color our armor, not patterns like firefall warpaints. I would say more like in Warframe, where you have like 4 colors for armor, was main secondary and accent ,and also energy color. With right colors to chose from we could make amazing mixes.

I can think of a few ways to change color:
    -some vendor where you pay credits for paint job (should not be much cose it would be costing you each time you change your mind)
    -you buy for more credits formula for let's say molecular printer in your cabin/spaceship with could be connected to private armory, that would had a function to change colors of your armor, but would be using some ingredients that you could buy, farm or craft. I like this idea especially, think of it - your a collector or just like to have different set of armor for different job, your chosing the one you wanr(they could be on display or hidden inside of machine), chosen armor on the manekin slides before you, you can take it or change color, or maybe upgrade if that's gonna be someday in game.
    -and the last method I can think right now(sorry mind fuzzy after night shift at work) is to buy color pallets for real money like in warframe, buuuut I would rather not be forced to use real money for customisation, being able is ok, but not forced to.
    Oh you could also unlock colors from achievement like in ESO but I'm not entirely convinced to that
    Thanks for reading

2. Dinariok

Dinariok Phazon Army Co-Leader Golden Founder

Very unlikely that we all will be left similar
    In future this customisation system just ought to be implemented. And as to my opinion there should be some limited number of war-paints available for earning through quests/missions etc.; and larger variety for real money.
    But one thing's for sure, this is not of a high priority for now. Good idea for the future :)

Valgard likes this.
  3. Valgard

Valgard Rookie Silver Founder

Another thing that would be awesome to have is your very own Syndicate decal on your armor

Dinariok likes this.
  4. Dinariok

Dinariok Phazon Army Co-Leader Golden Founder

Totally agree Valgard !

5. luciusruth

luciusruth Inquisitive Golden Founder

Sure, sindicate decal would be cool, but i don't like whole warpaint thing, firefall survivors will know that it was sometimes difficult to find the right one for You, even if it got right colour, it could just not fit the frame You were using, and some colour were in wrong spots, and were not takin bout broken items like techskull.
    I think we should have option to chose colors superatlety, like in warframe, hell i could even buy color palet for money(but customization should be free than), and other things like in warframe it would be sweet to be able to color your weapon and vehicle, and cabin if You have one.
    "oh no here comes the Pink Giant of Mahem, ruuun"
    as much as pink would not be my color of choice, why the hell not, if player would like to go to the battlefield all in pink and harts who says he should not. Its not army, were more like freelance, and even in army they often add light customization - smileys and stuff

6. CookieDuster

CookieDuster Community Coordinator (English) Staff Member

The general plan for customization is fairly close to this; the premium store will feature various visual customizations for your character and devices. More details on this later as it also takes the backseat while general gameplay is finalized.

luciusruth likes this.
  7. Bitle

Bitle Rookie

yes, definitely a later feature. i just wanted to pipe in that it has been tremendously successful from the monetary view for warframe. probably good to have a few options in the game and some more flushed out for real money. possibly some patterns too, but not like Mech Warrior. i really hate how you have to buy a color and a pattern per mech in their model.

maybe special story events in the game unlock decals/patterns/colors and others of the same are money? also really like the idea of syndicate icon flags for your personal space / cool down timer based prop in the game / decal for your gear.