Personal Loot and EXP

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Grimwolf512, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Grimwolf512

Grimwolf512 Rookie

I have fought many mobs and had my loot NINJAED away from me by those that are not even fighting my mobs. I also lose EXP to players who happen to get the final kill after I did all the work. Please fix this issue.

Fairdwin and Proslacker like this.
  2. NexAngelus

NexAngelus Rookie

have to agree here. this open loot for anyone in the world is an arcaic system that has no place in the world anymore. killing something and haveing someone just CLOSER snatch it up that had nothing to do with it is beyond annoying as ****! also in an MMO the game should be about working TOGETHER!!!! i can already see ppl trying to hoard the best areas or those animal dens late game because they dont want to risk sharing the good loot. why not make it so its personal or something like that so it ENCOURAGES ppl to work together. it will make it alot more fun to take on large tasks or monsters when ppl all think they have a chance at loot vs one person just running through the middle and picking everything up. why anyone thought that was a decent system to begin with is beyond me. thats NORMALLY a full pvp style game, where if u get mad u just kill the person who stole from u anyway. food for thought. lets make the game about encouraging teamwork rather than backstabbing.

Fairdwin likes this.
  3. WhereEaglesDare

WhereEaglesDare Rookie

I agree here! The loot and mobs stealing is a HUGE problem! A lot of quests take much more time because of that. You need to add a loot system that grants individual loot for everyone. Whitout it the game is unfair.

Fairdwin likes this.
  4. Bacterial

Bacterial PG Community Overlord (outdated) Staff Member

devs definitely work on this in the future, when we get closer to beta-testing. Top priority now is making stable lag-free client that allow comfort playing without being stuck between zones and etc. We appreciate your feedback, guys, thanks for your attention to our project.

Fairdwin likes this.
  5. RayzHell

RayzHell Rookie

I agree, WoW did a good job on doing this well. It annoying to be sharing a area and getting 30% exp u should be getting. Should be % hurt % xp gain, along with random success rolls for the good drops that are all mine.

6. Sylordis

Sylordis Rookie

7. LogDawg

LogDawg Inquisitive Golden Avalonian

Kill stealing can get annoying on any game especially when the other player takes your hard earned exp.

8. NexAngelus

NexAngelus Rookie

wow is one of the most popular mmos... in theory. i do believe that there are a few games that do this BETTER though. as i pointed out, one of the main points of an MMO is teamwork and friendship. GW2 did an exellent job of this. minus their crappy class system, but thats not what we are talking about ;). a system that rewards players for playing together instead of fighting over mobs or loot is def the future of gaming and make the game a much more enjoyable experience all around. it also makes u seek out other players while playing since u know u will be rewarded vs trying to hide from players since u know they will only steal from u. very fine line between who "earned" the loot and who was just watching. 1%, 5%, 10%, 25%, 50%, 100%? does the person who did the most dmg or most work get the best loot? this is why making it so its rewarding to play together is important. it skips alot of the minor questions that will take time and also upset just as many ppl along the way as well.

9. RayzHell

RayzHell Rookie

10. HardV

HardV Rookie

I think simply adding PVP should fix all of these issues.

11. NexAngelus

NexAngelus Rookie

free for all pvp does fix alot of this but it also totally changes the game. its up to the devs the direction they want to go, but the amount of ppl who will want to play and the kind of ppl are totoally different in general. normally ppl dont want to play both kinds of game, its one or the other. i do find both fun and have played both so am trying to point out some of the good/bad of both sides. the free for all is the old system and does have alot of closeness and make a community very tight nit. but if done properly some of these new games have shown that u can in fact have personal loot and team work that rewards in a way that also creates togetherness and a community that is also tight nit. its just harder to do. the upside is that in general the population of those games are greater if they manage to pull that rule set off. so essentially u have a risk vs reward on the devs part. but im sure they know exactly what direction they want to take the game anyway at this stage. like they have mentioned that they want pvp areas but not full out pvp for example.